Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Ported 3 x Vodafone to GoMo with zero issues. I was paying EUR135/month and now EUR30 so saving whopping EUR1,200 a year!

My bet is that they will not allow these contracts on the new Eir 5G network so lifetime will mean for as long as you want to stay on 4G.

Didn't someone post a screenshot of 5G speeds...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It is a new number. And I knew they recycled them. Was just surprised to see them come through straight away. Kind of naively thought they'd have some sort of block. What if any of them are premium rate numbers. I don't want to incur costs for those.

Are any of them from 5 digit numbers in the format 57xxx or are they from 08x xxxx xxx?

Texts from 57xxx will cost you money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Ported 3 x Vodafone to GoMo with zero issues. I was paying EUR135/month and now EUR30 so saving whopping EUR1,200 a year!

My bet is that they will not allow these contracts on the new Eir 5G network so lifetime will mean for as long as you want to stay on 4G.

€1200 a year!? Me - I'm only going to save a paltry €750, or thereabouts - we are 'suckers' indeed. They seen us coming a mile off, and we fell for it hook, line and sinker! I feel like such a fool!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Got my SIM a couple of days ago and ported over from Eir this morning as scheduled without issue.
    Network performance seems the same so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I ordered a sim last night but I have a share of Eir credit on my PAYG plan.

But 9.99 is a good offer.

I have an other 02 sim that I may use the credit as Yolla credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

My wife was with Tesco and switched to GoMo over the weekend, she has a iPhone 7,it worked when I put the sim in so must not have been locked to Tesco.Since changing she is not getting a signal in a lot of places, was in Wexford today and no signal, do I need to change any settings does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

meathman0 wrote: »
    My wife was with Tesco and switched to GoMo over the weekend, she has a iPhone 7,it worked when I put the sim in so must not have been locked to Tesco.Since changing she is not getting a signal in a lot of places, was in Wexford today and no signal, do I need to change any settings does anyone know?

Make sure roaming is on and network selection is set to automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Just a quick query. I received my new SIM today and put it into my phone. Once I'd done this I started to receive texts. The SIM appears to still be active. Have contacted Gomo but just wanted to see if this happened with anyone else?
    This happened to me before with a Vodafone number. They should probably stop reissuing numbers now that they're attached to WhatsApp accounts, social media etc. You could easily access someone's other data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

meathman0 wrote: »

First thing to do is check the locations that you will frequently be using your phone here.

https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore

Check if there is an Eir(usually labelled as meteor) mast nearby.

Every carrier has dead spots in different areas.
    From my quick exploration Vodafone have more masts in rural areas.

I guess the one problem the map does not tell is that valleys can suffer from no signal even with a mast near by.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Ported my aunt over from Vodafone 2 weeks ago but she has had zero coverage since moved. Texts eventually come through but can't make calls. E mailed gomo to cancel her account and move back to Vodafone. However it looks like number is cancelled and not available to Vodafone to port back over. Can't seem to get help from Vodafone customer service. Anyone know how can retrieve old Vodafone number which she's had for last ten years.

• Advertisement

mjp wrote: »
    Ported my aunt over from Vodafone 2 weeks ago but she has had zero coverage since moved. Texts eventually come through but can't make calls. E mailed gomo to cancel her account and move back to Vodafone. However it looks like number is cancelled and not available to Vodafone to port back over. Can't seem to get help from Vodafone customer service. Anyone know how can retrieve old Vodafone number which she's had for last ten years.
    Jesus, I feel for you. I would say to go into a Vodafone shop maybe - and see what they can do?

And I don't wish to cause you any more grief, but I would say the number was cancelled when you cancelled the GoMo account. I take no pleasure in telling you... that you should have switched back to Vodafone before cancelling. I could be wrong, but I would guess that's what's happened.

Keep at them though! There MUST be a way to get the number back.

MMXX wrote: »
    And I don't wish to cause you any more grief, but I would say the number was cancelled when you cancelled the GoMo account. I take no pleasure in telling you... that you should have switched back to Vodafone before cancelling. I could be wrong, but I would guess that's what's happened.

Keep at them though! There MUST be a way to get the number back.

Yes this is unfortunate. You should never cancel a mobile service with a phone number you want to port.
    There is a system in place that automatically cancels the service with your current provider when the new company requests a port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Mother ordered two sims for herself but only one came in post... she tried get on to them but they now insist she only ordered one... and then said two cards can’t be on one account which is pure ****e cause I’ve two on mine. They won’t do anything for her and insist she must try sign up for the new plan. Anyone have this and any way to solve it ? Getting on to Comreg will be pointless as got on them for way worse years ago and they would do nothing ... pure useless quango that should be closed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Suckered 100k into switching and jack the price up €49.99 a month lol! prob get away with it too, wouldn't surprise me in Ireland ffs.
    I can honestly say the "for life" aspect of this deal had zero influence on my decision to try GoMo. And its a rolling contract so we are hardly without options if their service takes a turn for the worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

LillySV wrote: »
    Mother ordered two sims for herself but only one came in post... she tried get on to them but they now insist she only ordered one... and then said two cards can’t be on one account which is pure ****e cause I’ve two on mine. They won’t do anything for her and insist she must try sign up for the new plan. Anyone have this and any way to solve it ? Getting on to Comreg will be pointless as got on them for way worse years ago and they would do nothing ... pure useless quango that should be closed up

Well, an obvious question is was she charged for two?

Wouldn't there be a proof of purchase? Through her bank? It will either state €9.99 or €19.98, there you'll find the answer...

Do two sims come up when she signs into her account? Did she receive a confirmation email for the second sim? Did she show them a screenshot of the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone shop is best bet. If it's 087 number then it may revert to the Vodafone pool after cancelation. Your aunt will probably have to be there if the number was registered in her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

fritzelly wrote: »
    Didn't someone post a screenshot of 5G speeds...?

there goes that theory. Maybe life is indeed life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I know when a bill pay number was cancelled in the past you still had 30 days to port out before it became permanently unavailable. I'm not sure if this is still the case. GoMo should be able to reactivate the number for you and then port back to Vodafone or you could try going into a vodafone store and request to port back. You'd be classing it as a bill pay account with GoMo and you'd need the GoMo account number that went with the account.

Two euros and fifty cents a week. Two euros, and fifty cents - a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just not provisioned correctly , not a reason to switch back. Just let them know and they’ll do it correctly. I had a similar issue porting from Vodafone to three on a work phone this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

degsie wrote: »
    Well, an obvious question is was she charged for two?

She got links for the two phones, clicked on them to verify them , but it seems that she only got an email back for one of them so it’s like it only took one.../ she’s adamant that she carried through on her side... think the rep she got through to today then tried to say she can’t register two phones on one account which is nonsense ....bear in mind my mother is 70, think she didn’t feel she got the customer service that was required today

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi, can somebody tell me about GoMo 4g speed in Drogheda(town centre)? And what happens if I reach data cap(80gb), how is speed after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bondja80 wrote: »
    Hi, can somebody tell me about GoMo 4g speed in Drogheda(town centre)? And what happens if I reach data cap(80gb), how is speed after that?

Speed is reduced to almost unusable after 80 gig.
    I'd say speed would be grand, depending on what type of material the building is made of and amount of users active in the area.

kippy wrote: »
    amount of users active in the area.

That's the big question, from my experience some areas have sufficient capacity for the number of users while other areas do not. I live a long way from Drogheda so I can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got one - and before I give it to its real phone use - I wanted to try it for a while in a car tracker gps thing... just to report it didn't work.. - wont detect network.

I'm guessing that GoMo dont support the 2G/GPRS this cheap tracker needs maybe??

edit-> ted1's post indicates that there is 2G signal - it may be the APN so.. - I'll test if this helps and report back...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ozmo wrote: »
    Got one - and before I give it to its real phone use - I wanted to try it for a while in a car tracker gps thing... just to report it didn't work.. - wont detect network.

I'm guessing that GoMo dont support the 2G/GPRS this cheap tracker needs maybe??

Did you need to set the APN?
    Seems to have 2g here: https://gomo.ie/our-coverage-map/

Only 3 euro a month, device was 20 euro over Christmas

https://eshop.v.vodafone.com/ie/v-auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ozmo wrote: »

They do but there is swathes of the country with barely 2G coverage so a GPRS tracker isn't going to give you a real pictures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement