Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Are they appointing more people off the all year round panel so since their backlogs are probably going to take months to clear... kind of sounds like that? Genuinely thought there’d be high demand for summer contracts but guess not

It would probably be too difficult to train in certain departments due to COVID for short summer contracts although I was offered an 8 wk contract but I'm back on a deferral as my current contract is still active and wouldn't have been worth the transfer to another department.

Keep the faith though...there is movement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Carlow all year panel is moving. Hubby got an update only 4 ahead of him now. He’s early 20s on all year panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Who do you contact to find out your updated OOM? Also, is there any way to transfer from the summer only panel to the all year round panel? Thanks!

Who do you contact to find out your updated OOM? Also, is there any way to transfer from the summer only panel to the all year round panel? Thanks!

I think the email address is tcoclearence@publicjobs.ie

Not sure about transferring panels. Think someone suggested earlier in this thread that PAS may have amalgamated the two as some peoples numbers had changed on panel despite making no changes to their application.

I’m sure they will answer any questions you have anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭furrybones

natc wrote: »
    Carlow all year panel is moving. Hubby got an update only 4 ahead of him now. He’s early 20s on all year panel.

Same for me, there were 4 ahead of me, but it's been weeks since they told me that and I've heard nothing since. I wondered if they'd switched to the summer only panel now.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement

furrybones wrote: »
    Same for me, there were 4 ahead of me, but it's been weeks since they told me that and I've heard nothing since. I wondered if they'd switched to the summer only panel now.

Aw that’s disappointing to hear. They just told him approx 4 ahead of him. Won’t be expecting a call anytime soon so!

Aw that’s disappointing to hear. They just told him approx 4 ahead of him. Won’t be expecting a call anytime soon so!

He might be lucky! Hopefully he'll hear something very soon.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

I was 11 OOM but when I emailed them earlier this month my OOM had changed to 14.
    Here is the response I received from them.

Due to the current Covid-19 crisis many departments are not in a position to take on additional staff so a number of candidates were reinstated on the panel.

So they have reinstated staff that are already there as in some departments there is no one to train new staff up. Things will move faster I expect when everyone isn't working from home and theyre back working in their offices.

I am now 12 OOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Jellab wrote: »
    I was 11 OOM but when I emailed them earlier this month my OOM had changed to 14.
    Here is the response I received from them.

Due to the current Covid-19 crisis many departments are not in a position to take on additional staff so a number of candidates were reinstated on the panel.

So they have reinstated staff that are already there as in some departments there is no one to train new staff up. Things will move faster I expect when everyone isn't working from home and theyre back working in their offices.

I am now 12 OOM

No, rather that there is no requirement to 'replace' staff going on shorter working year as yet. As they are either working from home or in the office infrequently. I would imagine that those on pro-rata SWY will continue on that trajectory whereas those who were taking unpaid leave may have cancelled it as they were effectively looking at being at home anyway.

From June 29th, the requirement for more patterned attendance from staff will become more pronounced across most Departments. As such, the dust will settle and TCOs may be called in at that point.

I'd see a higher requirement for TCOs from September onwards, as many schemes and much paperwork may have been delayed. Also, when /if kids go back to school, you may see more illnesses and you may see more business cases put forward to bring in a team of TCOs to get the work done.

Best of luck everyone. Stay patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

I asked about my relative standing for Dublin last week. Number of candidates ahead of me has gone up by 2 since I asked last time in April. Overall number of candidates still ahead of me has roughly halved since beginning. Still a good way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭daffodill50

Donegal people , the summer TCO panel is moving got a 10 week contract offer today, I'm top 5 OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oscar11

Kilkenny Summer only....anyone done interview or heard anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Reason for not calling TCOs is that most of the people cancelled their shorter working year and TCOs already in the department were given extensions or were moved around.
    I don’t think any schemes have been delayed. The only new project running is back to school and that has started up. Everything is moving from paper forms to online applications, similar to revenue.

Only staff on long term sick leave are being replaced.

There will be some movement but very little. Nothing anywhere near previous years level.
    An Ri rua wrote: »
    No, rather that there is no requirement to 'replace' staff going on shorter working year as yet. As they are either working from home or in the office infrequently. I would imagine that those on pro-rata SWY will continue on that trajectory whereas those who were taking unpaid leave may have cancelled it as they were effectively looking at being at home anyway.

From June 29th, the requirement for more patterned attendance from staff will become more pronounced across most Departments. As such, the dust will settle and TCOs may be called in at that point.

I'd see a higher requirement for TCOs from September onwards, as many schemes and much paperwork may have been delayed. Also, when /if kids go back to school, you may see more illnesses and you may see more business cases put forward to bring in a team of TCOs to get the work done.

Best of luck everyone. Stay patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Cork Summer Panel is moving again. I am down to 6. I say next few weeks something will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭weadick

Cork Summer Panel is moving again. I am down to 6. I say next few weeks something will happen

There's now two more people ahead of me on the panel than there was a few weeks ago, so I don't really know whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Donegal people , the summer TCO panel is moving got a 10 week contract offer today, I'm top 5 OOM

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

What number? And are you summer only?
    weadick wrote: »
    There's now two more people ahead of me on the panel than there was a few weeks ago, so I don't really know whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

Assume you're summer only as I'm after you and have been offered a position.

Sorry I'm still quite new to the CO and TCO stuff how do you mean summer? I was told the panel I was on was from March to September! Thanks :)

Carlow all year panel is moving. Hubby got assigned a contract yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone know how the All Year round panel is progressing in Co. Longford?

• Advertisement

What number? And are you summer only?

I'd rather not give out my actual number on here but I'm only one or two ahead of you I'd say. Think im all year round...I'm honestly not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 coolshoes47

Folks, anyone hear anything in Offaly?

Folks, anyone hear anything in Offaly?

Last update I got was that they were in the late 20's

Anyone in the same position where they have n't heard anything since recieving interview stage 2 results in February last?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

I am me123 wrote: »
    Anyone in the same position where they have n't heard anything since recieving interview stage 2 results in February last?

I am no word after stage 2

jules5417 wrote: »
    I am no word after stage 2

Thanks.
    May I ask what your OOM is?

Thanks.
    May I ask what your OOM is?

I'm number 40 in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Lads and ladies and everything in between, for summer panels they seem to be being called as the need arises given a lot have cancelled holidays breaks etc.
    I got a call the other day for an immediate start so don't be too down ya may get a call Friday to start Monday.

I got a call about a position in An Garda Siochana but I have to undergo Garda vetting which will take 12 weeks!

• Advertisement

Anyone know how assignments to 'All - Year' panels is progressing?

I got a call about a position in An Garda Siochana but I have to undergo Garda vetting which will take 12 weeks!

I got garda vetted in 3 weeks. What county
    are you getting job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Did you not do Garda vetting after interview ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Did you not do Garda vetting after interview ?

There's a higher level of vetting for sensitive roles such as AGS, Defence, Revenue.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    There's a higher level of vetting for sensitive roles such as AGS, Defence, Revenue.

Ah I understand now . . Garda station would be so interesting though

Carlow all year panel is moving. Hubby got assigned a contract yesterday.

Congrats to him!! I finally got a contract too.

• Advertisement

Quick question,

For those who sought an update on how assignments to TCO positions in their chosen county are currently progressing, what email address or contact did you all query same with?

Any ideas on how to word a request for an update on assignments to positions are progressing?

Thank you everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

Quick question,

For those who sought an update on how assignments to TCO positions in their chosen county are currently progressing, what email address or contact did you all query same with?

Any ideas on how to word a request for an update on assignments to positions are progressing?

Thank you everyone.

Email

Tcoclearance@publicjobs.ie

Name:
    Competition ID:
    Candidate ID:

Hello,

I am placed number xx in (insert County) for the Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2020.

I have been notified that I passed the interview.

I was curious as to what number of candidates have already been placed in this county thus far.

Please note I chose ALL YEAR. (amend if you chose summer)

Any information would be most welcome.

Kind regards,

That's it really. They are quick to come back and are nice. They get asked the question on a daily basis so don't worry about asking

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Anyone looking for info about limerick. Forget it. I have relatives in Revenue and nobody is being taken on I was told. Who knows it might change but I doubt it.

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for info about limerick. Forget it. I have relatives in Revenue and nobody is being taken on I was told. Who knows it might change but I doubt it.

I héard the same but I have a friend in social welfare who said they will need temps to sort out details of covid payments. By the way what OOM are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 coolshoes47

Does anyone know why recruitment for TCO is so slow this year? Obviously Coronavirus is having a huge impact, but I thought they'd need more staff particularly in DSS. Thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why recruitment for TCO is so slow this year? Obviously Coronavirus is having a huge impact, but I thought they'd need more staff particularly in DSS. Thanks

Training is a huge issue apparently . Also actual numbers are reduced in the offices due to social distancing .

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

jules5417 wrote: »
    I héard the same but I have a friend in social welfare who said they will need temps to sort out details of covid payments. By the way what OOM are you.

If your asking what place i am on the panel its 41. I have done many long and short contracts as a tco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    If your asking what place i am on the panel its 41. I have done many long and short contracts as a tco.

If someone does contracts this way, does it count as service given to allow someone climb up along pay scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

If someone does contracts this way, does it count as service given to allow someone climb up along pay scales?

Yes if given a permanent contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Yes if given a permanent contract

Ok, so when on a temporary, your always on point 1, but if you get a permanent contract having done several temporary, you could start on point 2 or 3, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Blanchguy

No, if you have done more than a year in total as a temp, you get the second point of the scale and so on. Even if your experience was years ago it counts. I worked beside a temp who was on the 10th point of the scale because of work he'd done more than 20 years before....

Hi all. Asked for an update on Co. Longford. Was told there are approx 71 candidates ahead of me now.
    Is it likely I am still 'in the running' for a TCO position? My OOM was 119.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

Hi all. Asked for an update on Co. Longford. Was told there are approx 71 candidates ahead of me now.

Reality is nobody knows the answer to that

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Did u ask them how many Tco's were needed last year in Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Donegal panel is moving just got offer but unfortunately it’s not for my area.
    Just wondering anyone that’s done TCO before is there any chance you can be kept on after contact finishes. Allot seem to be 10 week contracts. Is this you finished until you apply for next competition??

• Advertisement
Advertisement