Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

I had a verbal offer for 6 April, no contract yet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Anyone hear of movement on the Cork, April - September panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dublingal123

cvb03 wrote: »
    I have had an offer for Dublin. I am starting the end of May.

Awh congrats, do you mind me asking what your oom is?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

I have had an offer for Dublin. I am starting the end of May.

Hi do you mind me asking are you on the all year round panel or Summer only? I opted for Summer only and just wondering are they starting to make offers now, thanks😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Have n't recieved any communication from PAS since I was told I passed the interview on 18th February last.
    Anyone else in same boat?
    I am on the 'All Year Round' panel for Co. Longford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Awh congrats, do you mind me asking what your oom is?

I am in the top 10 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

abbeybella wrote: »
    Hi do you mind me asking are you on the all year round panel or Summer only? I opted for Summer only and just wondering are they starting to make offers now, thanks😊

I am Summer only 😀

Would I be correct in saying that those who opted for 'Summer only' positions are being vetted first?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Emailed and was told 95 ahead of me in Donegal. I was 133. I hope to god they move fast..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moranm3

Janas wrote: »
    Am currently a TCO no 47 for Offaly for 2020 competition, have interview 21st Jan. There is no guarantee you will be kept on in a position. I am covering a 6 month maternity leave, and the person is coming back. Another TCO working in same dept as me got a 6 month contract, and hers has just been extended by another 6 months. It's all the luck of the draw
    Hi there, I was womdering if they've offered you anything yet? They are hardly going to run interviews during this crisis, so I'd imagine everything is on hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

I got an offer from the department of Justice but they can't give me a start date due to the virus. Said it will be a couple of weeks.

Hi Pink lady,
    Are you also Co. Meath? What order of merit? If you don't mind me asking as I am early 40's just wondering. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Breda123 wrote: »
    Hi Pink lady,
    Are you also Co. Meath? What order of merit? If you don't mind me asking as I am early 40's just wondering. TIA

Im at OOM 12. Yes Im Meath also

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

Im at OOM 12. Yes Im Meath also[/quo
    Thanks, and good luck.

I am Summer only 😀
    Thanks, best of luckðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Board_house20

Congratulations everyone who has been offered a place!

Has anyone here applied for Limerick (all year)?
    My OOM is 67 and my last correspondence with anyone from PAS was the 20/03 stating that there was 38 people ahead of my OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Congratulations everyone who has been offered a place!

Has anyone here applied for Limerick (all year)?
    My OOM is 67 and my last correspondence with anyone from PAS was the 20/03 stating that there was 38 people ahead of my OOM.

Im number 57 for all year. Not sure if i will take post if it is in the next few weeks. I have a partner with high risk illness so im not going ou too much.

I'd imagine that assignments to positions is slowed down at present. ( I could be wrong)

Have heard nothing from PAS since I was informed I passed stage 2, that was well over a month ago. No mention of Garda Vetting or anything else.

Anybody else in same position?

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Given the fact most of us are interviewed, accepted, garda vetted & ready to rock the HSE could use us now . Suited & booted & ready to go Simon ! as many of us are just awaiting placement it would make sense ..

Seperate campaign. Ive been contacted to say they will call me next week. Nothing to do with TCO comp

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

PLUMPTIOUS wrote: »
    Emailed and was told 95 ahead of me in Donegal. I was 133. I hope to god they move fast..

Thanks for the update on Donegal . Are you registered for all year or summer only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Board_house20

jules5417 wrote: »
    Im number 57 for all year. Not sure if i will take post if it is in the next few weeks. I have a partner with high risk illness so im not going ou too much.

Stay safe ðŸ™

• Advertisement

Sorry does anybody know if we can turn down a post because of current circumstances and still remain on panel.

Does anyone know if we turn down post because of covid 19 concerns if we will remain on panel.

Sorry does anybody know if we can turn down a post because of current circumstances and still remain on panel.

My friend was on the panel for all year but circumstances changed and would only be available for Summer. They were very reasonable about it and changed her to Summer only. I would say under circumstances they will be understanding as extenuating circumstances. Send them an email, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

You can defer a position once as far as I am aware. We were told this at interview stage. PAS will confirm for you, they are very easy to deal with. I deferred mine a few weeks ago, I am currently on an open contract and was offered another open contract (same department but a different section), PAS were very helpful, I had to email them a copy of my contract & they gave me in writing that I would be put back on the panel when I would contact them to say my current contract had ended & I would retain my order of merit (next in line for a vacancy) should a position come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

It stated on news today that over 100 temporary clerical officers have been hired since March 2nd in the Department of Social Affairs and Social Protection to deal with huge amount of welfare claims. Where would these be based?? Dublin most likely?? Anyone here get one of those posts???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

dutchy15 wrote: »
    It stated on news today that over 100 temporary clerical officers have been hired since March 2nd in the Department of Social Affairs and Social Protection to deal with huge amount of welfare claims. Where would these be based?? Dublin most likely?? Anyone here get one of those posts???

I know a few people have been taken on in Sligo. I am hoping to be offered a position over the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

I was offered DFA in feb, they came back yo say the had placed a hold on recruitmentand would send my details back to PAS. I was told I would keep my order of merit number which was 82 for Dublin, but haven't heard a thing since the 15/03/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I was offered DFA in feb, they came back yo say the had placed a hold on recruitmentand would send my details back to PAS. I was told I would keep my order of merit number which was 82 for Dublin, but haven't heard a thing since the 15/03/20.

You should contact PAS by email about that to ensure you were put back on the panel, I'm not suggesting they forgot about you but alot is changing in such a short period of time - with staff working from home / staggered hours etc, you could fall through the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 coolshoes47

Anything happening in Offaly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 aoifedu

Has anyone been placed in Laois yet or heard anything?

Advertisement