Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clim01

Any idea if they have started callin Summer only for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭I am me123

Do PAS send out the links to the Garda Vetting to those who passed the interview stage in batches in OOM order on a county by county basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

I am me123 wrote: »
    Do PAS send out the links to the Garda Vetting to those who passed the interview stage in batches in OOM order on a county by county basis?

I'm not 100% certain on this but it appears to be the case.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

E-mailed about Dublin All-Year again today. OOM 258.

Got two responses, one to say there are 50 people ahead of me and then another an hour later to say there are 18 ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭3ke6pn2v0zwsi7

Hi has anyone started a contract from the Galway panel yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Permanent Clerical Officer competition open from today. Go for it!!

Is 00M 119 (Co. Longford) likely to be met?

Are you basically on a 'waiting list' when placed on a Panel?

A candidate receives their OOM after passing the online assessment questionnaire, and it does n't change after passing the interview, so is it just a waiting game to be called for a position if it arises in your chosen county?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

I am me123 wrote: »
    Is 00M 119 (Co. Longford) likely to be met?

Are you basically on a 'waiting list' when placed on a Panel?

A candidate receives their OOM after passing the online assessment questionnaire, and it does n't change after passing the interview, so is it just a waiting game to be called for a position if it arises in your chosen county?

Your basically on a waiting list with no guarantee of being called. It really depends on how busy the offices are for your chosen county or how many permanent staff might be on sick leave/maternity leave.

I’m for Longford too, last year I was number 112 and I got called in August for a 10 week contract. But the year before that I was number 104 and never got called.

Unfortunately it’s just a waiting game which is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Arlened

Has anyone been called for donegal im no 5 and still no word

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

Arlened wrote: »
    Has anyone been called for donegal im no 5 and still no word

I contacted them at start of March and they told me only 1 person had been placed in Donegal so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lh97

Clarkeel wrote: »
    I contacted them at start of March and they told me only 1 person had been placed in Donegal so far

Is this for the all year round panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

Lh97 wrote: »
    Is this for the all year round panel??

Yes I asked them about how many had been placed so far...that was two weeks ago so it may have changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Has anyone been called for interview in Donegal ( summer only) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Any one in Dublin gotten a placement yet? My OOM number is 360 I assume given the corona issues its been slowed down some what?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Yes, I got placed last Friday, I am starting the end of May - I am in the top 10 in Dublin and Summer only. Are you Summer only or all year round?

cvb03 wrote: »
    Yes, I got placed last Friday, I am starting the end of May - I am in the top 10 in Dublin and Summer only. Are you Summer only or all year round?

All year does it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aidan 1

I got call directly from a department today wanting me to start Monday week 23rd March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

I'm curious if people have bad or unlikeable TCO work experiences? Work you've disliked? Or couldn't wait to be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I'm curious if people have bad or unlikeable TCO work experiences? Work you've disliked? Or couldn't wait to be finished?

Phone banks aren’t very popular due to restricted hours and dealing with complaints, esp Illness benefit section.
    Some people don’t like Intreo Offices because you’re dealing with the public and are tied to the office opening times

Aidan 1 wrote: »
    I got call directly from a department today wanting me to start Monday week 23rd March

Same here I'm delighted to finally have a job :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Ultrflat wrote: »

What county?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    What county?

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,734 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ultrflat wrote: »

I suspect Covid-19 means that you'll be thrown in the deep end: departments won't be starting new people in the next few weeks unless they absolutely need people to either cover virus response work, or to back-fill for people who have been redeployed to it.

Good luck, but don't expect that what you experience is typical.

I suspect Covid-19 means that you'll be thrown in the deep end: departments won't be starting new people in the next few weeks unless they absolutely need people to either cover virus response work, or to back-full for people who have been redeployed to it.

Good luck, but don't expect that what you experience is typical.

Truthfully I'm excited, I work better under insane amounts of pressures it where My gears kick in and I start really performing I love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Hated sicial welfare. People resented having to teach TCO. No body spoke to you at lunch. It was the strangest place i have worked. I loved revenue and the council great people,great training etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

jules5417 wrote: »
    Hated sicial welfare. People resented having to teach TCO. No body spoke to you at lunch. It was the strangest place i have worked. I loved revenue and the council great people,great training etc etc

Worked in Social Welfare control office. Lovely people, couldn't have been more friendly, even had a leaving lunch and gave me a gift. Really depends on where you end up, can have a bad experience in any department

With COVID 19, will there be a significant impact on waiting times for garda vetting, & recieving vetting links, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

MLC_biker wrote: »
    Worked in Social Welfare control office. Lovely people, couldn't have been more friendly, even had a leaving lunch and gave me a gift. Really depends on where you end up, can have a bad experience in any department

Thats great,but it must have been bad in my place because the permanent woman who took over from me left it 2 weeks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

Wonder will there be a rush to get us all hired now to help out with the increase in work that must be falling at the feet of offices around the country due to the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

I'm starting 6 April, it would make sense to get us in ASAP. I know that they would have to train us up and they're probably so overwhelmed at the moment it would be the last thing they want to do.They should get at least a 100 of us in ,train us up for a week in Goldsmith house and then send us on our merry way!

Advertisement