Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Odonn777

Congrats, can I ask what county? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

furrybones wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing the interview. I too got an email about garda vetting today. Hopefully that means there'll be offers soon.

Congrats on passing, could I ask if this was for Dublin and if so roughly where are you on OOM I'm in the 500s so I'm not really holding out much hope at the moment! TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭I am me123

I got an email from them saying that I passed the interview and today another one saying that they will send me a link for vetting soon and to have it completed by Thursday 20th

Where did you do the interview PinkLady2016?
    What county?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Got the Garda Vetting invite and have sent it back.

Fingers crossed assignment isn't too far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

I got message to say I will get link to garda vetting form, but no link yet.
    Not even in junk mail. How long after message did you get link?

• Advertisement

For those who recieved their interview result - what county did you interview for?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

I haven’t received the Garda vetting link yet either. I have checked junk folder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

Got my result from interview for longford today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

I am me123 wrote: »
    For those who recieved their interview result - what county did you interview for?

Dublin got result last Friday passed. No Garda vetting as yet OOM 251

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Got result for Wexford today - OOM stays the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Got result for Limerick today :) OOM stays the same but in the 140s so don't think I'll be getting the vetting link any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nomno

passed the interview and order of merit remains the same for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Got result for Limerick today :) OOM stays the same but in the 140s so don't think I'll be getting the vetting link any time soon!

Did you apply for anytime or summer only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Where did you do the interview PinkLady2016?
    What county?

Meath .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Anyone get results for Donegal yet

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Breda123 wrote: »
    I got message to say I will get link to garda vetting form, but no link yet.
    Not even in junk mail. How long after message did you get link?
    I haven’t received the Garda vetting link yet either. I have checked junk folder too.

I got the e-mail saying it'll be sent to me at 9am yesterday and the actual link arrived at 6.15pm.

Got another message at 8am this morning to say it has been passed back to the National Vetting Bureau, so hopefully I'll be done by the end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

I got the e-mail saying it'll be sent to me at 9am yesterday and the actual link arrived at 6.15pm.

Got another message at 8am this morning to say it has been passed back to the National Vetting Bureau, so hopefully I'll be done by the end of today.

Was that for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

Got mine lunchtime, from garda vetting. Filled in and send back.

Passed my Interview for Longford today! 😊
    Do I just wait for the link through email for garda vetting now?
    When should I expect to recieve link for vetting does anyone know?
    Thanks 😊

Btw my oom score was 119 if that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

I got an email to say I passed, but no mention of vetting? What's this? I was a TCO before Christmas and never had this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

Well done to all the folks who passed their interview,still waiting on result here in Donegal,

Just curious about the Garda vetting,

Was this not to be done when you went to the interview,I bought along the Garda vetting form that they said you must complete,

Why are they sending links ?
    What else is required and what must you do ?

Thanks

manus35 wrote: »
    Well done to all the folks who passed their interview,still waiting on result here in Donegal,

Was this not to be done when you went to the interview,I bought along the Garda vetting form that they said you must complete,

Thanks

As far as I know, vetting is done online, through a process known as 'e vetting' (electronic vetting), at interview, interviewees submitted the completed ' e vetting invitation form'. ( included in the requested documentation)
    When this is processed, interviewees are then sent the link to the vetting form to the email address the interviewee provided on the e vetting invitation form, which they then must complete and submit online.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭furrybones

manus35 wrote: »

Thanks

On the day you brought proof of ID and proof of address. The link is to e-vetting where you need to fill out all past addresses that you've lived at, mother's maiden name, etc. It's very quick and painless to fill it out.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

furrybones wrote: »
    On the day you brought proof of ID and proof of address. The link is to e-vetting where you need to fill out all past addresses that you've lived at, mother's maiden name, etc. It's very quick and painless to fill it out.

In Waterford and got message to say I passed interview but no mention of any next step or garda vetting. I Was number 37. Should I be hopeful being no. 37 that I'll get something??impossible to know I guess

As regards garda vetting does one actually have to provide all addresses. I have lived in many many places in Ireland and abroad I think it would Almost be impossible for me to attain all these addresses. What would happen then?

How long after being notified of passing the interview, should one recieve the email with the link to the Garda Vetting?

Thank you 😊

Passed my Interview for Longford today! 😊
    Do I just wait for the link through email for garda vetting now?
    When should I expect to recieve link for vetting does anyone know?
    Thanks 😊

Btw my oom score was 119 if that helps :)

I’m number 96 for Longford and I wouldn’t expect the Garda vetting form for a while as it will probably only be sent to the first 30/40 people in line for positions, depending on how many tco they need in the longford building right away

I’m number 96 for Longford and I wouldn’t expect the Garda vetting form for a while as it will probably only be sent to the first 30/40 people in line for positions, depending on how many tco they need in the longford building right away

Thanks Leonie.
    Would I be correct in assuming that we are in the running for a TCO position for Longford when a vacancy comes up there?
    And then we get the link for the Garda Vetting through our email?

Thanks Leonie.
    Would I be correct in assuming that we are in the running for a TCO position for Longford when a vacancy comes up there?
    And then we get the link for the Garda Vetting through our email?

I’d imagine so ,it could take awhile depending on how busy they are, I was number 102 last year and I didn’t get called for a job until late August. Hopefully they will need people a lot faster this year

I’d imagine so ,it could take awhile depending on how busy they are, I was number 102 last year and I didn’t get called for a job until late August. Hopefully they will need people a lot faster this year

Thanks Leonie.
    Best of luck with everything. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭furrybones

dutchy15 wrote: »
    In Waterford and got message to say I passed interview but no mention of any next step or garda vetting. I Was number 37. Should I be hopeful being no. 37 that I'll get something??impossible to know I guess

As regards garda vetting does one actually have to provide all addresses. I have lived in many many places in Ireland and abroad I think it would Almost be impossible for me to attain all these addresses. What would happen then?

As long you don't leave any gaps in the years I'd say you'll be fine.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement