Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

I am me123 wrote: »
    I too recieved results on Tuesday of this week..
    OOM 119 & passed the interview. (Co. Longford)
    Do I just wait to recieve link to Garda Vetting now?
    Do you recieve link through your email or through MessageBoard?

Ya I am wondering the same thing , it's a bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Ya I am wondering the same thing , it's a bit confusing

I got the message on public jobs to say that I would be getting a vetting link, then I got the vetting link through my email.

Hope that helps.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

I received email to say I passed interview but nothing as regards garda vetting. I'm number 37 in Waterford?

For the people who get garda vetting link does that mean they will get job pretty soon?

dutchy15 wrote: »
    I received email to say I passed interview but nothing as regards garda vetting. I'm number 37 in Waterford?

For the people who get garda vetting link does that mean they will get job pretty soon?

At the bottom of the message, re getting a vetting link, it stated "Please note that this invitation to complete vetting is not indicative of an immediate offer of employment."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I too recieved results on Tuesday of this week..
    OOM 119 & passed the interview. (Co. Longford)
    Do I just wait to recieve link to Garda Vetting now?
    Do you recieve link through your email or through MessageBoard?

My friends passed interviews too but haven’t all received the link yet. Im guessing they’re doing it in batches as positions arise. Getting everybody vetted at the same time would just cause delays.
    I received an email and a txt in the morning saying I have a new message and to log in. The message was only telling me that I’ll be getting the link sent in an email that day. Email from evetting came in the afternoon.
    Once you have it submitted you can can track the process on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Hi , just discovered this thread . I have passed the interview stage and am on the panel ,I have not received a link for the gcardai clearance is that common ? Or should I contact them . Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Me too, no mention of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

I emailed PAS today as I haven't yet received an email about vetting and they said it was because my OOM has not been met yet for that stage of the process.

furrybones wrote: »
    I got the message on public jobs to say that I would be getting a vetting link, then I got the vetting link through my email.

Hope that helps.

That's great thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭I am me123

furrybones wrote: »

Hope that helps.

Was that a separate notification on PublicJobs, separate from the notification that you passed the interview stage?
    How long after getting the notification that you passed the interview did you recieve email with link to Garda Vetting form?

Was that a separate notification on PublicJobs, separate from the notification that you passed the interview stage?
    How long after getting the notification that you passed the interview did you recieve email with link to Garda Vetting form?

Yes, they were separate. I got the notification to tell me I passed the interview and a few days later I got the notification to say I would be sent an e-vetting link. A couple of days after that I got the e-vetting link via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

In relation to the Dublin panel, I emailed them today and they have reached 40 on the panel. I'm 61 on panel for Dublin. I filled in Gardai vetting but not sure if its completed on their end yet.Just finished a 14 week contract so hopefully get a longer one this time as I'm down for all year availability.

Thanks all.
    My OOM was 119 and was notified I passed the interview on Tuesday last.
    Co. Longford.
    Just wondering is it likely to be appointed to a position with OOM 119?

Thank you. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

beenhad wrote: »
    In relation to the Dublin panel, I emailed them today and they have reached 40 on the panel. I'm 61 on panel for Dublin. I filled in Gardai vetting but not sure if its completed on their end yet.Just finished a 14 week contract so hopefully get a longer one this time as I'm down for all year availability.

Interesting. I'm down at 258. But I've already got confirmation my garda vetting is complete. Well NVB said it's complete, haven't heard from PAS since Monday.

Hopefully they continue at that rate of assigning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Hi everyone, just wondering I interviewed in dublin just wondering is there a way to request maybe working in a different part of the country? My circumstances have changed some what.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just wondering I interviewed in dublin just wondering is there a way to request maybe working in a different part of the country? My circumstances have changed some what.

Not usually however you could ring them and explain your situation to them. They may make an exception.

Emailed today and asked what stage they were at in Dublin All Year.

I'm OOM 258 and was told there are "140 people ahead of you in the panel". Assume that means 140 unassigned people which would put them at about (obviously people have dropped out or whatever) 118 on the OOM list now?

Emailed today and asked what stage they were at in Dublin All Year.

I'm OOM 258 and was told there are "140 people ahead of you in the panel". Assume that means 140 unassigned people which would put them at about (obviously people have dropped out or whatever) 118 on the OOM list now?

Thanks for that

What email address did you query that with?

dutchy15 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

What email address did you query that with?

The TCO Clearance one, purely because a reply I got from it last week was from someone who worked in assignments per his signature. But someone else replied this time.

Just wanted to ask about the OOM.
    Does the OOM go in number order on a county by county basis or in number order for all of Ireland?

Thanks.

Just wanted to ask about the OOM.
    Does the OOM go in number order on a county by county basis or in number order for all of Ireland?

Thanks.
    I emailed them before and they said it's by county not the whole country

• Advertisement

I emailed them before and they said it's by county not the whole country

Thanks
    I read that a candidate can be placed on a panel for 18 months.
    My OOM is 119 and passed the interview so does that mean I could still be offered a position as a TCO down along the line?

Thanks
    I read that a candidate can be placed on a panel for 18 months.
    My OOM is 119 and passed the interview so does that mean I could still be offered a position as a TCO down along the line?

Ya I'm 118 so I'm in the same boat, I emailed and asked where they were and they hadn't even started on my area but I have moved up to 106 as people had dropped out etc . Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

I was placed OOM 50 (summer) Donegal. Not heard anything from PAS since then. When you are called for interview how is that done? . is it phone, text, email, PAS message ....?
    My first time applying so don't know what to expect. Anyone else been interviewed for summer only Donegal positions ?

Number 37 for Waterford All Year.

Emailed them to me today and they told me there are 15 people ahead of me.

Hard to know but hopefully something will come up shortly

Scouseouse wrote: »
    I was placed OOM 50 (summer) Donegal. Not heard anything from PAS since then. When you are called for interview how is that done? . is it phone, text, email, PAS message ....?
    My first time applying so don't know what to expect. Anyone else been interviewed for summer only Donegal positions ?

You are notified of the interview location, date & time through your MessageBoard on PublicJobs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Im number 19 in Kildare and was told there are ten jobs immediately available to fill when I called the other day. I find it amazing that the placings do not change after interview if it is only for a temporary position. Anyone could fill out the questionnaire and just saying what they think the PAS will want to hear. Or they could have anyone do it for them. My interview could not have went better and im not saying that in an arrogant way. Its amazing that someone in place 18 for example could barely scrape by in the interview but remain ahead of 19 who absolutely flew it. Laziness on their part as with permanent roles they make you go in and take a test in an exam setting. Venting over haha. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

I had my interview in Donegal on the 31st January. You will receive message on PAS. I'm all year. Received email last week saying I passed interview haven't received anything since.

pj12332 wrote: »
    Im number 19 in Kildare and was told there are ten jobs immediately available to fill when I called the other day. I find it amazing that the placings do not change after interview if it is only for a temporary position. Anyone could fill out the questionnaire and just saying what they think the PAS will want to hear. Or they could have anyone do it for them. My interview could not have went better and im not saying that in an arrogant way. Its amazing that someone in place 18 for example could barely scrape by in the interview but remain ahead of 19 who absolutely flew it. Laziness on their part as with permanent roles they make you go in and take a test in an exam setting. Venting over haha. Good luck to all.

Im OOM 119 (Longford) & was notified I passed the interview stage on Tuesday 18th February last.
    No Garda Vetting email for me yet but heard someone else who passed the interview recently for same county has recieved their's. Not sure of their OOM though..so don't know if I should worry or not just yet.
    What does everyone think?.should I be worried?

I had my interview in Donegal on the 31st January. You will receive message on PAS. I'm all year. Received email last week saying I passed interview haven't received anything since.

Same here. (Co. Longford)
    What was your OOM? (if you don't mind me asking)
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Getting the Garda vetting link will depend on the department that you are being assigned to

Advertisement