Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

beenhad wrote: »
    I'm starting 6 April, it would make sense to get us in ASAP. I know that they would have to train us up and they're probably so overwhelmed at the moment it would be the last thing they want to do.They should get at least a 100 of us in ,train us up for a week in Goldsmith house and then send us on our merry way!

Although there is plenty work, gov depts have been told to implement social distancing where possible which means some staff being redeployed, working from home (higher grades) and other staff need to spread out more and stagger start/finish times and breaks - its hard enough doing that with normal staff numbers, bringing in more staff would make the situation worst.

Some departments are looking at new office space / buildings where staff could work from but thats likely a few days/weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I am me123 wrote: »
    With COVID 19, will there be a significant impact on waiting times for garda vetting, & recieving vetting links, etc?

I think there will be a big impact maybe when its all over they will be recruiting staff then

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary851

Hi all. Congrats to those who have been placed so far. Im in the 180's for Dublin all year. Just wondering those of you who were called last week, where were ye on the panel?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Hi everyone, the HSE have opened a registration facility for placements to alleviate overstretched healthcare. Although they are looking for those with medical and healthcare qualifications, they will need a lot of new workers in support and admin roes . So clerical skills would qualify but maybe also have other skills you think you could offer?
    The sign up process is simple , the website is https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/oncall/be-on-call-for-ireland.html.
    Saw that face to face interviews suspended in public sector appointments for now, they are all working how to deal with social distancing etc on top of they other pressures right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Hi everyone, the HSE have opened a registration facility for placements to alleviate overstretched healthcare. Although they are looking for those with medical and healthcare qualifications, they will need a lot of new workers in support and admin roes . So clerical skills would qualify but maybe also have other skills you think you could offer?
    The sign up process is simple , the website is https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/oncall/be-on-call-for-ireland.html.
    Saw that face to face interviews suspended in public sector appointments for now, they are all working how to deal with social distancing etc on top of they other pressures right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi all,

Just spotted a new thread on Boards about 'Temporary Clerical Officer 2020' apparently it's a new nationwide campaign for TCO which went live last week..
    Clerical Officer 2020

Just went live - nationwide incl Dublin. Looks like no aptitude tests.

https://publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?o...aignId=2037907

I'm confused now..

I thought the 2020 TCO campaign was launched last November, and assignments to positions was already in progress?
    Anybody able to clear this confusion up?

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

Hi all,

Just spotted a new thread on Boards about 'Temporary Clerical Officer 2020' apparently it's a new nationwide campaign for TCO which went live last week..
    Clerical Officer 2020

I'm confused now..

I thought the 2020 TCO campaign was launched last November, and assignments to positions was already in progress?

Thanks!!

AFAIK, the 2020 TCO campaign is closed but the 2020 permanent CO campaign is open for another week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bibi91

They are two different campains. The one in November was for TCO, temporary position. The one from last week is for CO, permanent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Hi all,

Clerical Officer 2020

I'm confused now..

Thanks!!

They are two different campaigns. The new one, which is still open until March 24th, is for permanent positions.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks guys! Was getting worried there for awhile!

Out of interest, has anyone who applied for the 2020 TCO campaign which is in progress, applied for new campaign too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Out of interest, has anyone who applied for the 2020 TCO campaign which is in progress, applied for new campaign too?

I'm sure the majority have applied for it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

I've applied for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Given the fact most of us are interviewed, accepted, garda vetted & ready to rock the HSE could use us now . Suited & booted & ready to go Simon ! as many of us are just awaiting placement it would make sense ..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Given the fact most of us are interviewed, accepted, garda vetted & ready to rock the HSE could use us now . Suited & booted & ready to go Simon ! as many of us are just awaiting placement it would make sense ..

Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately they never do the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

lucy2010 wrote: »

Yes great suggestion , could we email them and see ?

Yes great suggestion , could we email them and see ?

Are you still waiting on a vetting link?
    Have n't recieved anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Are you still waiting on a vetting link?
    Have n't recieved anything yet

No haven't received it yet ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Was just told in response to a query I sent yesterday that my details have been sent to a department and that I should hear from them in the next three weeks.

I was 258 All Year Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

2 Questions.

1. I am no.4 on the Cork Summer Panel - has anyone been assigned positions recently???

2. Do people think with the covid-19 outbreak there'll be a lot of positions available?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary851

Has anyone any experience in declining an offer? How long does it take to get re assigned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

If you decline an offer, you are taken off the panel and you can't reapply till next year.
    However, if you do have issues discuss it with PAS/HR dept maybe. I have heard people being offered contracts and asking can the start date being moved around to suit them... They generally are flexible moving start dates as they just want someone to come in and clear the backlog whenever

Mary851 wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience in declining an offer? How long does it take to get re assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calathea

Mary851 wrote: »
    At interview they stated that you can decline one offer and still stay on the panel. No guarantee of what second offer would be though! No possibility of declining second offer and remaining on panel

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Calathea wrote: »
    At interview they stated that you can decline one offer and still stay on the panel. No guarantee of what second offer would be though! No possibility of declining second offer and remaining on panel

This, other post is incorrect. Interviewers clearly stated I may decline one offer and stay on the panel if the need was there.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    This, other post is incorrect. Interviewers clearly stated I may decline one offer and stay on the panel if the need was there.

This is from the 2020 information booklet:
    Declining an Offer of Appointment
    Should the person recommended for appointment decline, or having accepted it, relinquish it, PAS or the employing organisation may at its discretion, select and recommend another person for appointment on the results of this selection process.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭HartsHat

ge_ch wrote: »
    Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately they never do the obvious.

DPER have been very proactive and are redeploying people from other Government Depts.

HartsHat wrote: »
    DPER have been very proactive and are redeploying people from other Government Depts.

I emailed the suggestion to my local FG Cllr and he forwarded it to the Department of Health. Said it would make sense.

DEASP are redeploying internally but they don’t seem to start anyone from the 2020 panel in my county. My friends’s details were forwarded to them by PAS (2-4 weeks ago) and none of them have been called yet. They all worked in the department before and wouldn’t even need training.
    I’m guessing they’re afraid to bring in new people because of the virus.

Hi.
    Just wondering when are referees contacted as part of the process?
    Do they only contact those two employers that a written reference was requested for at the interview stage (one if them being the most recent employer)?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I got an offer from the department of Justice but they can't give me a start date due to the virus. Said it will be a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dublingal123

Anyone know of offers yet for April-September for Dublin? Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Anyone know of offers yet for April-September for Dublin? Thanks in advance :)

I have had an offer for Dublin. I am starting the end of May.

Advertisement