Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

If a whole gameweek moves won’t they just move that gameweeks start date too?

Something to do with the way the game is set up, also there is the FA Cup final in gw36.to factor in.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nice bit of green

WC left. Keeping it for the international break so I have something to play with to distract from the boredom. 2 more subs will see me with a full team for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some guesswork on when Spurs DGW will take place

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1372702400583237632

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Wonder when the TV schedule is due to be announced for the rest of the season?

And will they announce DGWs at that time too - id like to tinker with potential wild card but seems pointless without knowing the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wonder when the TV schedule is due to be announced for the rest of the season?

And will they announce DGWs at that time too - id like to tinker with potential wild card but seems pointless without knowing the fixtures.

We won’t get the rest of the season next by the looks of it, just the rest of April. Probably get May towards the end of April but they may split it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

DGW32 announced. Spurs have a double of Everton away and Southampton at home.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1376905219402039298

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Not sure how I feel about news - still have the wildcard and bench boost and 32 looks like a good week to play BB with a lot of good teams having great fixtures and now a Spurs double as well.

But gameweek 35 might end up having 8 teams double gameweeks according to Crellin..

hmm that gives me a headache on whether to sell Son to get Bruno now or hold Son for the DGW. Would be made easier with an injury update for Son but there doesnt seem to be any news about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've been looking for an excuse to triple captain Kane and i think I'm about to get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ahh feck...I remember half planning to play BB this week (still have Wildcard) but not sure what to do now at all

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I've been looking for an excuse to triple captain Kane and i think I'm about to get it :)

If you have it, it’s probably the time to use it, that League Cup final a couple of days after the Southampton game and Spurs having not won a trophy in donkeys years makes me worry he’ll make a tonne of changes that will lessen the potential returns. Kane might not be one of the prime candidates to be rested but a disjointed lineup probably doesn’t help anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

CSF wrote: »
    If you have it, it’s probably the time to use it, that League Cup final a couple of days after the Southampton game and Spurs having not won a trophy in donkeys years makes me worry he’ll make a tonne of changes that will lessen the potential returns. Kane might not be one of the prime candidates to be rested but a disjointed lineup probably doesn’t help anyway.

Surely Jose knows that they'll probably get a hiding from City in that final anyway... if they continue their good form in the league they might be on the edge of top 4 then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Islander13 wrote: »
    Surely Jose knows that they'll probably get a hiding from City in that final anyway... if they continue their good form in the league they might be on the edge of top 4 then

Winner of FA Cup get group stages of Europe League, and it would represent a trophy for Spurs. Kane might then just stick around as sees the club winning things. Would stop the talk of quadruple for city, and treble including the league cup doesn't have the same ring to it. So all in all i think Spurs will play their strongest team in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Winner of FA Cup get group stages of Europe League, and it would represent a trophy for Spurs. Kane might then just stick around as sees the club winning things. Would stop the talk of quadruple for city, and treble including the league cup doesn't have the same ring to it. So all in all i think Spurs will play their strongest team in the final.

:confused:

Spurs are out of the FA Cup, they are in the final of the League Cup, which has no impact on European football for next season.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    :confused:

Spurs are out of the FA Cup, they are in the final of the League Cup, which has no impact on European football for next season.

Ha i got mixed up there :pac: - League cup qualify for payoff stage of Europa league - so there is still something to play for - the rest still applies as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ha i got mixed up there :pac: - League cup qualify for payoff stage of Europa league - so there is still something to play for - the rest still applies as well

Didn't know that If I'm honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I think it’s the playoffs for the UEFA conference league the winners of the league cup qualify for now

munster87 wrote: »
    I think it’s the playoffs for the UEFA conference league the winners of the league cup qualify for now

I may go back to sleep so - just assumed it was the Europe league - turns out it's the conference is a new competition- a tier 3 so to speak

Spurs won't care about that prize:pac:

Islander13 wrote: »
    I think we're underestimating just how desperate Spurs are to win a trophy. If this Southampton game was a cup final for top 4 I'd kind of understand a bit more, but they could very easily win it and still not get top 4, and very easily fail to win it and still get top 4.

Whereas that City game is their chance to win their first trophy since 2008.

• Advertisement

When has Jose EVER protected a player ?

It won’t happen. Son and Kane play 90 minutes, if available, in all 3 of those matches.

It won’t happen. Son and Kane play 90 minutes, if available, in all 3 of those matches.

For the latter I agree, Son I’d be 50/50 on that. But it’s not just about them being rested anyway. If he rests other players their percentage chance of return diminished significantly anyway.

They don’t appear to be a squad that can rest a few guys and can still carry an attacking threat. They have to be absolutely on it to even have a chance of scoring 2 goals in a game usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

He’s protected Dele Alli from getting an injury for most of the season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Xander10

Possible DGW35 and blank 36.[/QUOTE]

Can we have more free chips please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭onrail

Great. Just when I thought there was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to TC Kane this week...

Would they not just push the games into 36, instead of having it as a blank for FF.

When would all that be finalized? Can't see how it would be fair to have a DGW followed by a BGW when majority of playing have played chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would they not just push the games into 36, instead of having it as a blank for FF.

When would all that be finalized? Can't see how it would be fair to have a DGW followed by a BGW when majority of playing have played chips.

There is only a max of 4 teams blanking. The 2 cup finalists and their opponents. If the final is Chelsea v Leicester they will be the only 2 teams blanking. These blanks go into GW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

onrail wrote: »
    Great. Just when I thought there was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to TC Kane this week...

I think Ben crellin spelled it out on twitter that all these new DGW fixtures are a bit meh. Wilf Zaha will be the best option for your TC then probably ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I think Ben crellin spelled it out on twitter that all these new DGW fixtures are a bit meh. Wilf Zaha will be the best option for your TC then probably ha ha

Wait... so Palace will have a DGW???

Hellooooooooooooo PVA :)

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    There is only a max of 4 teams blanking. The 2 cup finalists and their opponents. If the final is Chelsea v Leicester they will be the only 2 teams blanking. These blanks go into GW35.

Sorry I read that tweet all wrong :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Part of me was hoping Villa V Everton would be rescheduled for GW34, would leave the following doubles:

Villa V EVE eve
    Everton V avl AVL

Still have a free hit chip left which would be perfect for this. Had intended using it for the City and Spurs BGW but reckon it might be better to hold off now

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Not feeling too hot on next GW with 3 City + 3 Spurs having a blank GW

Overly reliant on the super J.Lingard

looking for some differentials if i am to take the -4
    Any recommendations?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Not feeling too hot on next GW with 3 City + 3 Spurs having a blank GW

Overly reliant on the super J.Lingard

looking for some differentials if i am to take the -4
    Any recommendations?!?!
    Greenwood
    Bowen
    Pulisic
    Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Are there any more double game weeks?

I somehow missed that Spurs had a double this week.

I have bench boost, triple captain and 2nd wild card left to use..

Are there any more double game weeks?

I somehow missed that Spurs had a double this week.

I have bench boost, triple captain and 2nd wild card left to use..

GW35 looks like a big double gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

GW35 looks like a big double gameweek.

Nice one. Thanks.

Whats the latest on captain Kane.. With a blank PL gameweek will they just rest him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Whats the latest on captain Kane.. With a blank PL gameweek will they just rest him....

Don't think he'll make it

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1384797807345770496?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Let's pretend that I've been paying very little attention to FPL recently, but am I right in saying there's another unexpected DGW coming up soon? If so, and I haven't completely imagined it, would someone be so kind as to either point me in the direction of what's supposed to be happening or tell me? Please and thanks :)

I've got a WC, TC Chip and a desire to go Full Prodston for the rest of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Let's pretend that I've been paying very little attention to FPL recently, but am I right in saying there's another unexpected DGW coming up soon? If so, and I haven't completely imagined it, would someone be so kind as to either point me in the direction of what's supposed to be happening or tell me? Please and thanks :)

I've got a WC, TC Chip and a desire to go Full Prodston for the rest of the season...
    Ben Crellin's take on it:
    https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1384875719466143745

This DGW/BGW will be tough to navigate. Have 5 players who wouldnt play in 36 if Bens chart proves correct but I dont want to sell any of them.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This DGW/BGW will be tough to navigate. Have 5 players who wouldnt play in 36 if Bens chart proves correct but I dont want to sell any of them.

Yea it's a right pain, where is the Leicester/Chelsea league game going to be played given they are in the cup that weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I’m boarding the Prodston train to nowhere! I’m in the same shape with wildcard and tc so was wondering how I can decimate my fantasy team more in one go!

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I’m boarding the Prodston train to nowhere! I’m in the same shape with wildcard and tc so was wondering how I can decimate my fantasy team more in one go!
    Build your team full of players who will double in 35 (looks like Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal is the list I believe) and then wildcard in 36 to have players that have a game in 36 but will also set up to finish well in 37 and 38.

Not a strong GW. Vardy to play but my team has massive gaps this week

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Surely all the fixture movements will be announced before the deadline this weekend...

• Advertisement

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Surely all the fixture movements will be announced before the deadline this weekend...

I’m thinking tomorrow or Wednesday.

Advertisement