Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm thinking about bringing in Antonio for the DGW

Stupid or Stupider like a fox ?

They have no other actual striker now that Haller is gone and the fixtures are super

I think he is a good punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Muahahaha wrote:
    Thinking of benching Son and starting Foden as he has a DGW. If Foden doesnt start the first game and Son comes on what happens Fodens second game if he starts? Is it no points as Son stays in place and has no second game?

You get fodens total points for the game week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Who are you taking out for him ?

DCL - injured and not performing

Rikand wrote:
    DCL - injured and not performing

Not many other strikers with a double game week ,martial ,firmino or Vardy. Looks a good move for you

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

If drafted in cavani, do you think he will get gametime in the pool match?
    Im hoping he starts the midweek clash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    You get fodens total points for the game week

cheers that makes sense. Think I'll risk Foden over two games rather than Son over one. Might be egg on my face if Pep doesnt start him but he is on good form

Muahahaha wrote:
    cheers that makes sense. Think I'll risk Foden over two games rather than Son over one. Might be egg on my face if Pep doesnt start him but he is on good form

Subs don't kick in until the end of the gameweek so if Foden plays one minute of either game youre on him .
    I've had Foden the last few games ,city have been better with him playing ,im thinking of a speculative captaincy on him too .

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Current team is

Martinez
    Cancelo, Dias, Robertson
    Salah (c), Bruno, Son, Grealish, Soucek
    Bamford, Martial

Subs: Johnstone, Dallas, KWP, Adams

Would the below minus 8 be worth it to play BB?

KWP to Stones (triple city defence)
    Adams to Antonio (fun punt)
    Martial to Wilson (not sure on this, I have 8.1 ITB for this spot)

Or just play that 11 with Salah triple captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    If drafted in cavani, do you think he will get gametime in the pool match?
    Im hoping he starts the midweek clash

I can’t answer but I’m wondering (as a Martial owner) something similar!
    Will United be playing with Cavani up top with Martial, Bruno and Rashford behind him??

Any united fans have an insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I can’t answer but I’m wondering (as a Martial owner) something similar!
    Will United be playing with Cavani up top with Martial, Bruno and Rashford behind him??

Any united fans have an insight?

It is the strongest front line they have, and with sights set on extending there lead at the top on Sunday it will probably be Martial in that fwd position.
    Ive Captained Bruno for the clash and am doubtful now of my decision to bring in Edinson.
    He will probably play in the FA cup the following weekend but thats of no use to my FPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm thinking about bringing in Antonio for the DGW

Stupid or Stupider like a fox ?

They have no other actual striker now that Haller is gone and the fixtures are super

I'm bringing him in, just hoping they glue him together

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Decided against the bench boost

Johnstone

Robbo, Dias, Targett, Chilwell

KBD (in for Son), Salah, Fernandes, Grealish, Soucek

Antonio (in for DCL)

Bench

McCarthy, Bamford, Dallas, Davis (the reason for no BB - no 5.1 strikers I can get to)

Debating Dallas to Stones for another minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Does Bamford to Antonio for a hit a seem like a reasonable transfer? I don't think I'll pull the trigger but very tempted.

I was always planning to sell Watkins for Antonio for the DGW but I don't think I can justify that now either as Watkins has a DGW too.

Klonker wrote: »
    Does Bamford to Antonio for a hit a seem like a reasonable transfer? I don't think I'll pull the trigger but very tempted.

I was always planning to sell Watkins for Antonio for the DGW but I don't think I can justify that now either as Watkins has a DGW too.

It’s not

Bamford looks like a season keeper, they have a decent fixture. Antonio might only get one game. Bamford could easily outscore him.

You have Watkins and it’s hard to justify ditching him but even as a Grealish owner I despise him

Surprisingly Bamford is the top most transferred player in for this game week as of now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I've hit the triple captain button on Salah, am I mad with his form? I'm thinking 2 home games were Liverpool have been excellent all season except West Brom and a game against their biggest rivals to go top is perfect to get Salah back up and running, also hoping for a dodgy pen :)

I was planning in using the bench boost but southampton/Leeds game being off has ruined that plan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

hawaii501 wrote: »
    I've hit the triple captain button on Salah, am I mad with his form? I'm thinking 2 home games were Liverpool have been excellent all season except West Brom and a game against their biggest rivals to go top is perfect to get Salah back up and running, also hoping for a dodgy pen :)

I was planning in using the bench boost but southampton/Leeds game being off has ruined that plan.

I'm contemplating Salah as tc or use BB. Salah has two home games, even if they are difficult. You'd also be hoping his bad patch is behind him.

Bench boost is hard to call as I never know when I will have all my subs available again.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I had been thinking BB but with the fixtures a little up in the air thinking it might be wasted. Now I'm thinking KDB has 2 decent home games (Palace/Villa) so maybe I could take a punt on TC. Palace defense seems to be solid since Mitchell got back in but city always have the ability to run riot and hopefully Kev would be in the middle of it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I had been thinking BB but with the fixtures a little up in the air thinking it might be wasted. Now I'm thinking KDB has 2 decent home games (Palace/Villa) so maybe I could take a punt on TC.

I’d be a little anxious about the comments that he was too tired to take a peno. Not saying I’m terrified by the comments either, but maybe enough to suggest he is not literally the best captain option we’ll get over the 38 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

CSF wrote: »
    I’d be a little anxious about the comments that he was too tired to take a peno. Not saying I’m terrified by the comments either, but maybe enough to suggest he is not literally the best captain option we’ll get over the 38 gameweeks.

Good point, I'II think it over but still leaning towards it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I had been thinking BB but with the fixtures a little up in the air thinking it might be wasted. Now I'm thinking KDB has 2 decent home games (Palace/Villa) so maybe I could take a punt on TC. Palace defense seems to be solid since Mitchell got back in but city always have the ability to run riot and hopefully Kev would be in the middle of it somewhere.

Not this season.

Only scored more than 2 in the league on 3 occasions. 2 of those they scored exactly 3.

If City were gonna run riot they wouldve ran riot vs Fulham, Newcastle, WBA. Palace have got the battering from Roy over 7 - 0, its unlikely to re occur. even 3-0 is unlikely to re occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

TC is very appealing. But I think we are in the height of the covid infections. The likelihood of DGW being ruined mid GW is quite high. Ill wait until later tbh, as there is a massive risk of blowing it on this GW I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I'm contemplating Salah as tc or use BB. Salah has two home games, even if they are difficult. You'd also be hoping his bad patch is behind him.

Bench boost is hard to call as I never know when I will have all my subs available again.

Yeah I've decided I'm leaving him on triple captain so cue 2 4 pointers :)
    Reasoning is 9 days rest since last game so should play both anyway once no covid cancellations...

Yeah the bench boost was an option but have a couple of single week players that I don't want to transfer out as Bamford, Son & kane have decent fixtures so they are in the 1st 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭skinny90

used 4 transfers last week to get me ready for last week(had 2 free), Think its time for my FH:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Yeah I've decided I'm leaving him on triple captain so cue 2 4 pointers :)
    Reasoning is 9 days rest since last game so should play both anyway once no covid cancellations...

Yeah the bench boost was an option but have a couple of single week players that I don't want to transfer out as Bamford, Son & kane have decent fixtures so they are in the 1st 11

If you had Vardy would you captain him?

Thats my choice currently, Salah or Vardy. And I just keep remember all those dull 1-0 1-1 0-0 games between UTD and Liverpool as of late and how UTD got their number... cant decide with that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Had a look at the FH team I was going with before they scheduled Spurs Fulham instead of just cancelling it.

Jesus, this was not a week for the FH template team.
    My team was fairly template, 48 points. My non-FH team was 10 points, so I'll take it as a win. I'm nicely setup for the DGW too. Moved from 700k - 500k overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

lads who is BB? Racking my brain here!

Thinking of using bench boost as I've 12 DWP and may spend 4 on bringing in Shaw for Dier, thinking Spurs look a bit ropy and Utd have a decent run

Looking down the barrel of a -16

Steele -> Johnstone
    Mitchell -> Stones
    Kane -> Vardy
    DCL -> Antonio
    Brewster -> Rodrigo

Individually they all look like solid moves and I can see myself being up at least 4 points on each

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking down the barrel of a -16

Steele -> Johnstone
    Mitchell -> Stones
    Kane -> Vardy
    DCL -> Antonio
    Brewster -> Rodrigo

Individually they all look like solid moves and I can see myself being up at least 4 points on each

Is Rodrigo going to score 5 points or more and do you plan to keep him long-term? Is Johnstone going to cover the hit? I have him myself so I hope he does. The others look like sound moves.

I currently weighting up selling Kane & Grealish. Doesn't feel right and I have Kane since he was 10.5 so no going back if I sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

trigger26 wrote: »
    lads who is BB? Racking my brain here!

Thinking of using bench boost as I've 12 DWP and may spend 4 on bringing in Shaw for Dier, thinking Spurs look a bit ropy and Utd have a decent run

BB = Bench Boost :pac:

Advertisement