Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Newbie20 wrote: »
    I could be (and probably will be) completely wrong here but I’m not sure about De Bruyne. Everyone seems to be making changes the last few weeks to get him in but I’m not sure he’s worth it. Granted they have an appealing looking double fixture, but last night was my first time watching them properly this season. Now I can understand why he hasn’t been clocking up points like previous seasons - they’ve no threat up front! They are basically playing without a striker, Jesus came on and looked pathetic, Sterling - well that penalty was a disgrace and Aguero seems to be out for another bit again. They made Brighton look very good last night. I’d nearly be favouring 2 City defenders and no KDB.

KdB to be fair did have a number of shots saved, but yea lack of striker is a major problem - lack of tap-in's etc.

Salah/Bruno are probably the only two premium/high priced players who could easily score 2/3 goals a game - no other premium player and/or team really showing like scoring bucket loads.

Since spurs threw away the 3 goal lead against West Ham, Kane and Spurs have been more defensive minded imo, to the extent that Kane plays so deep - and rarely looks like scoring one, yet alone two goals in a game. Son is by far their most dangerous player - and he's priced at sub 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

On the KdB issue, city's next 4 GW's

Palace, Villa (DGW), West Brom, Sheffield United, Burnley.

What would you be expecting points wise from these games in total on the assumption he plays 90 mins in all 5 games, fair chance many would consider he a captain choice for all of them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Captain KDB for me. 2 home games and he will defo be back on pens

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

How many more conventional DGWs will there be? Usually one around GW33 and 35 is it?

Just trying to plan out when to use the chips. I have all available but currently have 8 DGW players along with 2 arsenal, 3 spurs who both have decent fixtures. I’m wondering is the bench boost worth using now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

de Bruyne treble captain for me... am i crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

bangkok wrote: »
    de Bruyne treble captain for me... am i crazy?

It'll be a popular choice I'd say. I'm all for it, but him playing 90 mins last night and being "too tired" to take a penalty has me really doubting it now. I wonder will his minutes be managed. Jesus could slot in for him. Anyone else feel the same or am I overthinking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

sheroman01 wrote: »
    It'll be a popular choice I'd say. I'm all for it, but him playing 90 mins last night and being "too tired" to take a penalty has me really doubting it now. I wonder will his minutes be managed. Jesus could slot in for him. Anyone else feel the same or am I overthinking it?

No question he'll start both games, but if City are 3 up on 65 minutes he could be subbed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

JPA wrote: »
    No question he'll start both games, but if City are 3 up on 65 minutes he could be subbed off.

He's rarely been subbed off in the league regardless of how the game has going

sheroman01 wrote: »

double gameweek, and 2 home fixtures and he will surely start both game. even a goal and an assist in 2 games with 2 clean sheets will be 42 points and that without any bonus.

He's rarely been subbed off in the league regardless of how the game has going

True but he's actually complaining about being tired now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Am I the only 1 going without KDB into this DGW? Or any City players altogether?

1 goal from open play and we are gw 19.. I love KDB dont get me wrong but I have a funny feeling that if he had 3 more shots vs Brighton he still wouldnt have scored.

He ll be up against Guaita and Martinez who are very good goalkeepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If he was that tired Pep would have taken him off, it was the 90th minute and he didn't want the peno. I wouldn't be reading too much into Pep's tired comments. he is mainly playing only league games and City need him on the pitch. Just my opinion

Am I the only 1 going without KDB into this DGW? Or any City players altogether?

1 goal from open play and we are gw 19.. I love KDB dont get me wrong but I have a funny feeling that if he had 3 more shots vs Brighton he still wouldnt have scored.

No defenders is a mistake since they've only conceded 2 goals in 9 games.

No defenders is a mistake since they've only conceded 2 goals in 9 games.

But I have Dallas, Robertson & Coufal. Cant possibly change any of them for a City defender.

But the issue I actually have with City defenders is that goal contributions is non existent, I think between Cancelo/Dias/Stones there is only 1 assist.

If I was to change any of the 3 of mine I'd go for Justin..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Imagine the deadline was tomorrow night!

He has been complaining since internationals when he said he didn’t have time to go back to the Ethihad for juice :)

TC Salah anyone?

Pen against United and then a goal & assist in next game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

TimesArrow wrote: »
    So I’m not sure whether to play the BB for next game week. Leeds postponement has scuppered plans. I still have 2nd wildcard so could activate that before the weekend. Any thoughts? Number of games in brackets

Martinez (2)
    Justin (2)
    Robertson ( 2)
    Chilwell (2)
    ESR ( 1)
    Soucek ( 2)
    Fernandez ( 2)
    Salah (2)
    Son (1)
    Vardy 2
    Bamford (1)

McCarthy ( 1)
    Adams ( 1)
    KWP ( 1)
    Dallas ( 1)

Now thinking i might TC salah and save BB for another time? Help! Very good chance I’ll panic come saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I only have Cancelo, get him, DIas or Stones I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Im going without City players... aside from the roulette and the coulda/woulda/shoulda points performances from them Id have to take hits to get them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

COH wrote: »
    Im going without City players... aside from the roulette and the coulda/woulda/shoulda points performances from them Id have to take hits to get them in.

You could be burnt by city players

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    You could be burnt by city players

I'd say he is more likely to be burnt without Vardy, Salah and potentially even Antonio.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    TC Salah anyone?

Pen against United and then a goal & assist in next game ?

yea he is always a threat. its either him or de bruyne for treble captain, was going to use bench boost but not all my players playing so will be wasted.

last year when i used treble captain, i got 3 pts total for 2 games :(

think it was kane, played the first game and got booked, never played 2nd game at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

think it was kane, played the first game and got booked, never played 2nd game at all

This is why I'm strongly considering going Bruno - KdB.
    Also have no other way of getting him without hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

yea he is always a threat. its either him or de bruyne for treble captain, was going to use bench boost but not all my players playing so will be wasted.

Mane right?

CSF wrote: »
    Mane right?

could have been... all i know is i got 3pts

CSF wrote: »
    Mane right?

Think Mane got injured rather than booked? If memory serves correct. Rival in my ML had him TC'ed that same dgw.

This is why I'm strongly considering going Bruno - KdB.
    Also have no other way of getting him without hits.

i can see bruno getting booked v liverpool and suspended for the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I got the same first year of triple captain. Lukaku in a dgw, didn't play one game and got booked in the second. 3 points for 2 games. I was expecting s real haul.

• Advertisement

i can see bruno getting booked v liverpool and suspended for the next game

That's my big worry. Also having no City attack would be insanity so I think I've made my mind up.

Advertisement