Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

trigger26 wrote: »
    lads who is BB? Racking my brain here!

Bench Boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Johnstone will definitely break even plus it wouldn’t be a BB without a second goalie. I’d be open to other suggestions

Rodrigo mightn’t but I’m happy long term with him. I can’t see an alternative, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

BB looking less appealing for me by the minute.

Thinking now about throwing the TC armband on Salah for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

trigger26 wrote: »
    lads who is BB? Racking my brain here!

Leicester striker, the new Vardy

Get on him early

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Cartman78 wrote: »

How you fixed bench wise? Mine are all SGW players and at present and my starting 11 are all DGWers apart from Kane who I may move on yet and need funds for a MF upgrade.

Would be more confident WC into a BB on another DGW / TGW.

Are many more backing out of BB now after WCing in 16 and plans since going to ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

shmeee wrote: »
    How you fixed bench wise? Mine are all SGW players and at present and my starting 11 are all DGWers apart from Kane who I may move on yet and need funds for a MF upgrade.

Are many more backing out of BB now after WCing in 16 and plans since going to ****?

There are 2 things that are certain - theres a lot of covid in PL currently and there will be more DGW in GW 29 / 32 or something.

At which stage there should be plenty of vaccines going around and covid may be thing of the past (for PL disruptions anyways)

Saving BB until then makes solid sense, as with BB you are basically saying all 15 players gonna play which well just may not happen currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Same, I'm actually tempted to bench Taylor with his two games and even Wilson if I hold him.

I've quite a strong starting XI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

My team -
    Martinez chilwell Dias ogbonna
    KDB soucek salah fernandes
    Watkins Kane bamford
    Bench - smithr walkerp Mitchell

Only Kane bamford not playing twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭sully123

Trying to decide on who to play.
    Saka (new)
    Or Hendrick (ars, villa)
    Who ever I don't field I'll be trading for Foden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

Played the second wildcard to set up to bench boost this week which is a bit less appealing with the game postponement already announced hitting my Southampton and Leeds players. Still probably going to play it as I have a couple of players currently on the bench with two games but going to leave it until close to the deadline in case there are any more game postponements announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

I would hold the TC armband for a week Kane has another double game week against Fulham.

Am wavering back and forward on the Bench Boost. I'll have Leeds attackers on my bench and they have a good game against Brighton. BUT with Covid a game could easily be cancelled so I might not get the full benefit of the boost. BUT will I have 15 potential starters (covid excepted) later in the season. I probably won't decide until tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'm still planning to use my BB. I'll have 3 Leeds players and whichever goalie I bring in who'll have 2 games.

I was planning to BB this DGW for the last few weeks so I just want to get it out of the way now and not having to worry as much about future transfers and wildcards with BB planning in the back of my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm actually incredibly unhappy with my team now. Saved the last WC until the last day cos I was actually happy, made about 4 transfers but I certainly can't BB now

Debating selling both Kane and Son (for KdB), along with Adams which would bring me up to -8

No City defender and it feels bad to not get one but -12 is too far for Stones even if he is "nailed" on.... (trusting Pep there is hard to do)

Johnstone
    Justin - Coufal - Lowton
    Salah - Bruno - Grealish - Soucek - (Son)
    (Kane - Bamford)

(McCarthy: Dallas - Adams - Bednarek)
    Brackets indicating 1 game rather than 2

I feel like I'm gonna end up with Werner again too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Is anyone worried about Villa players? We don't know who had Covid and if they will even be fit for this DGW given their first game isn't until Wednesday, that's a long way away from the deadline of tomorrow morning.

This is mainly in relation to Watkins for me personally.

PS. anyone hopping for Balbuena to play, Covid related and ruled out according to Ben. He's my last sub anyway so may sit there unless drop in prices but he has been hovering around a drop a few days now and yet to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is anyone worried about Villa players? We don't know who had Covid and if they will even be fit for this DGW given their first game isn't until Wednesday, that's a long way away from the deadline of tomorrow morning.

No way of knowing, but I wouldn’t transfer them out. Maybe different if someone was absolutely determined to bench boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Charlie Taylor is the annoyance for me this week, I can stomach Bamford and Dallas having a single game and still BB if Taylor is fit I think, that will give me 13 DGW's once I switch Brewster out for Wood.

Would rather use it up now given I've set up for it so I can downgrade the bench a bit for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it a waste of a bench boost to only go with 14 players? have Davis, and I cant be bother transferring him out for one week

Is it a waste of a bench boost to only go with 14 players? have Davis, and I cant be bother transferring him out for one week

Means the rest of your bench have to do better than the full bench would in any other week this season.

Your starting 11 has no bearing on the quality of the bench boost. If you think your weakest 3 guys are gonna do the business then go right ahead.

Can be difficult to get 4 strong starting guys in a week for the bench, so 3 strong players might be better than 4 single gameweek duds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

30 possible playing games with BB. Giving serious consideration to captaining Cresswell.

CSF wrote: »
    Means the rest of your bench have to do better than the full bench would in any other week this season.

Your starting 11 has no bearing on the quality of the bench boost. If you think your weakest 3 guys are gonna do the business then go right ahead.

Can be difficult to get 4 strong starting guys in a week for the bench, so 3 strong players might be better than 4 single gameweek duds later.

Likely McCarthy, Dallas (or Targett) and Bamford

Feels like I could get 14 points from them (which means no minus 4 for Davis as well)

I like to run with one very low price striker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

PS. anyone hopping for Balbuena to play, Covid related and ruled out according to Ben. He's my last sub anyway so may sit there unless drop in prices but he has been hovering around a drop a few days now and yet to happen.

I'm worried about villa players and matches being cancelled.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Likely McCarthy, Dallas (or Targett) and Bamford

Feels like I could get 14 points from them (which means no minus 4 for Davis as well)

I like to run with one very low price striker

14 is ok really, neither good nor bad I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dice75 wrote: »
    30 possible playing games with BB. Giving serious consideration to captaining Cresswell.

Never captain a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

If you had Vardy would you captain him?

Thats my choice currently, Salah or Vardy. And I just keep remember all those dull 1-0 1-1 0-0 games between UTD and Liverpool as of late and how UTD got their number... cant decide with that in mind

No I'd be on Salah still, I'm just thinking he's due a couple of goals(3 league blanks is unheard of)
    If I had KDB I'd probably triple captain him instead but even he's not as reliable this season.

Vardy will suit playing against both teams hitting them on the counter but I can never trust Leicester at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi there

I've taken a -4 to get to this team for the DGW. At the moment, none of us are sure who the circa 40 extra people were who tested positive for Covid a few days ago but it's probably safe to assume it might include some Villa players and/or they might not recover as quickly from Covid.

Would you bench Boost with the below 14 players this week ? Or is it too poor a bench/too risky this week ?

Fo1azP4.jpg

Thanks for any thoughts on it.

Colking wrote: »
    Hi there

I've taken a -4 to get to this team for the DGW. At the moment, none of us are sure who the circa 40 extra people were who tested positive for Covid a few days ago but it's probably safe to assume it might include some Villa players and/or they might not recover as quickly from Covid.

Would you bench Boost with the below 14 players this week ? Or is it too poor a bench/too risky this week ?

Fo1azP4.jpg

I wouldn't if I were you, and that's from someone considering similar.

3/4 might not play

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Colking wrote: »
    Hi there

Fo1azP4.jpg

Is Antonio fully fit would be one thought looking at that team, I'm very similar team to yours, gonna make 3 transfers (have 2 banked) to get in 13 DGW players + Bamford/Son. I'd be thinking of of either Watkins upfront or taking a long term view on Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Never captain a defender

Generally follow that principle but I have to say I am very tempted to captain either Cancelo or Dias this week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I understand the reluctance on Antonio but I think having one high risk high reward punt in a dgwk is reasonable. He's a definite for me. Think I will move Holding on again for a West Ham defender, their fixtures after Newcastle are awful. Trying to decide if Cresswell is worth the extra 0.7 over Coufal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

There are 2 things that are certain - theres a lot of covid in PL currently and there will be more DGW in GW 29 / 32 or something.

At which stage there should be plenty of vaccines going around and covid may be thing of the past (for PL disruptions anyways)

Saving BB until then makes solid sense, as with BB you are basically saying all 15 players gonna play which well just may not happen currently.

The voice of reason I needed, cheers

Advertisement