Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In fairness Ben Crelin has mentioned it as well. Some of the FPL people I follow are on the ball with these fixture re-arrangements. (They called the possibility of Fulham Spurs match being moved to this week , last week) So if they can see an opportunity for this to be looked at surely the game schedulers can too. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I was looking at selling Grealish to free up funds. Need to get KDB in. Don't want to lose one of Kane/Son now either with the possibility of Spurs having a double, as remote chance as it may be. Hopefully we get some news before the deadline
    So far, Ben Crellin has mentioned it as one of the possible scenarios (which it unquestionably is), and then reported on the Daily Mail link.

I certainly would not be going as far as to say that the Daily Mail are lying here, in spite of not being the most reliable source. They have no real reason to lie here.

With that said, if none of the Villa journalists with the inside scoop report this by Saturday morning, I would be treating it as if it isn't going to happen (and then I'll obviously have to accept the realities if it happens after that).

Naturally if I see anything from within the Villa social media sphere on this, I will post it here. The likes of Percy and Preece (maybe even Gregg Evans) are the kind of people you would expect to see reporting this first if it starts to come closer to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not knowing which player has/hasnt had it makes this still very risky

That is actually a better double from a Villa perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

CSF wrote: »
    That is actually a better double from a Villa perspective.

Assuming the city game goes ahead

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Assuming the city game goes ahead
    Training ground due to open on Saturday so the City game going ahead is quite likely, albeit never certain in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

you've lads gone from planning Wilson out - to more than likely having to keep him now, this GW is a head wreck - only positive is that the deadline is on Saturday.

I currently have 7 DGW players + Lascelles though i don't think he's ready for two games in a 5 days.

Players with 1 game: Smith Rowe, Son, Adams, Lacazette, Holding and Brewster.

Have 2.7m in the bank and 1 transfer.

Question marks over Adams fitness would lead me to get rid (+ he's done nothing since i got him), Smith Rowe to Grealish/El Ghazi or Maddison/Barnes or Soucek looks to be the most obvious move, Soucek over Grealish may be the deciding factor i think. May see how the Arsenal players get on tonight.

Current team is:

Mendy
    Stones, Cancelo, Lowton
    Bruno, Rashford, KdB, Son, Smith Rowe
    Lacazette, Adams

Johnstone, Holding, Brewster, Lascelles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Villa v Newcastle confirmed in GW19

Yippee

Looking at a -12 to get to a BB of

Martinez/Johnstone
    Stones/Dias/Cancelo/Coufal/Mitchell
    Salah/Bruno/Rashford/Grealish/Smith Rowe
    Kane/Rodrigo/Antonio

Kane, Smith Rowe and Mitchell SGW players

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at a -12 to get to a BB of

Martinez/Johnstone
    Stones/Dias/Cancelo/Coufal/Mitchell
    Salah/Bruno/Rashford/Grealish/Smith Rowe
    Kane/Rodrigo/Antonio

Kane, Smith Rowe and Mitchell SGW players
    Rodrigo aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Question marks over Adams fitness would lead me to get rid (+ he's done nothing since i got him), Smith Rowe to Grealish/El Ghazi....

I would be wary of bringing in Villa players without knowing who has/hasnt got Covid.

CSF wrote: »
    Rodrigo aswell

You’re right

I’m happy getting Stones, Rodrigo and Antonio in medium term

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you've lads gone from planning Wilson out - to more than likely having to keep him now, this GW is a head wreck - only positive is that the deadline is on Saturday.

I currently have 7 DGW players + Lascelles though i don't think he's ready for two games in a 5 days.

Players with 1 game: Smith Rowe, Son, Adams, Lacazette, Holding and Brewster.

Have 2.7m in the bank and 1 transfer.

Question marks over Adams fitness would lead me to get rid (+ he's done nothing since i got him), Smith Rowe to Grealish/El Ghazi or Maddison/Barnes or Soucek looks to be the most obvious move, Soucek over Grealish may be the deciding factor i think. May see how the Arsenal players get on tonight.

Current team is:

Mendy
    Stones, Cancelo, Lowton
    Bruno, Rashford, KdB, Son, Smith Rowe
    Lacazette, Adams

Johnstone, Holding, Brewster, Lascelles.

Id get West Ham players. Antonio as potentially risky but rewarding punt. otherwise Coufal for Lowton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hey Ho! Good stuff getting this Villa game in GW19. one thing to note, Grealish is on 4 bookings so hopefully he behaves v City

Hey Ho! Good stuff getting this Villa game in GW19. one thing to note, Grealish is on 4 bookings so hopefully he behaves v City

Thanks for telling!

Yes delighted also, as a Martinez Grealish owner.

Id get West Ham players. Antonio as potentially risky but rewarding punt. otherwise Coufal for Lowton.

Yea i'm think Soucek is a better shout than Grealish, now especially with the 4 bookings hanging over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Worth noting these are the players currently on 4 bookings.

Grealish AVL 4 (DGW)
    McGinn AVL 4 (DGW)
    Targett AVL 4 (DGW)
    Dunk BHA 4
    Milivojevic CRY 4
    Doucouré EVE 4
    Allan EVE 4
    Reid FUL 4 (DGW)
    Klich LEE 4
    Fuchs LEI 4 (DGW)
    Mendy LEI 4 (DGW)
    Tielemans LEI 4 (DGW)
    Maguire MUN 4 (DGW)
    Fernandes MUN 4 (DGW)
    Shaw MUN 4 (DGW)
    Lewis NEW 4 (DGW)
    Berge SHU 4
    Egan SHU 4
    Bertrand SOU 4
    KWP SOU 4
    Winks TOT 4

Grealish AVL 4 (DGW)
    McGinn AVL 4 (DGW)
    Targett AVL 4 (DGW)
    Dunk BHA 4
    Milivojevic CRY 4
    Doucouré EVE 4
    Allan EVE 4
    Reid FUL 4 (DGW)
    Klich LEE 4
    Fuchs LEI 4 (DGW)
    Mendy LEI 4 (DGW)
    Tielemans LEI 4 (DGW)
    Maguire MUN 4 (DGW)
    Lewis NEW 4 (DGW)
    Berge SHU 4
    Egan SHU 4
    Bertrand SOU 4
    KWP SOU 4
    Winks TOT 4

Bruno and Shaw both on four

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

May take a -4 hit this week, ship out meslier for martinez and adams for antonio.

With Haller gone, do west ham have any other forwards?

The big risk mitigators with Grealish and Bruno are that so many will have them. If you’re furious after a late yellow card for either of them in their first games, at least you’ve the knowledge that countless others will be too, and probably not a huge loss, rather a missed opportunity to gain on those who went without.

• Advertisement

I already have Grealish but I was looking at him as my avenue to KDB. Its either Son & Grealish ----> KDB & Gundongan
    Grealish & Kane ----> KDB & Antonio
    or Son & Kane ----> KDB & Antonio

id probably like to keep one of either Son/Kane for cover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Delighted with the Villa news. Unsure now whether to keep or sell Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Had planned to BB this week but Leeds and Soton are out of doubles which probably puts a stop to that.

However with the FH now burned, I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to ever get more than eleven doublers in one week? Any future big double is going to have to be navigated with keeping in mind a blank close by, so you probably are going to want singlers on your bench (assuming those singlers play in a nearby blank).

I was also hoping to use the BB while I have two starting GKs, because possibly going forward I might want to save funds there and have bench fodder.

Looking at the BB i would be playing it would be: McCarthy (lei), Alioski (BHA), Dallas (BHA), Brewster (TOT).

Would be banking on a Leeds clean sheet, and Brewster's most likely locked in for a 1 pointer, so probably will hold on to the BB. But I am tempted by it in a week where at least I have a playing sub goalie and two players on the bench with a fixture I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Grealish AVL 4 (DGW)
    McGinn AVL 4 (DGW)
    Targett AVL 4 (DGW)
    Dunk BHA 4
    Milivojevic CRY 4
    Doucouré EVE 4
    Allan EVE 4
    Reid FUL 4 (DGW)
    Klich LEE 4
    Fuchs LEI 4 (DGW)
    Mendy LEI 4 (DGW)
    Tielemans LEI 4 (DGW)
    Maguire MUN 4 (DGW)
    Fernandes MUN 4 (DGW)
    Shaw MUN 4 (DGW)
    Lewis NEW 4 (DGW)
    Berge SHU 4
    Egan SHU 4
    Bertrand SOU 4
    KWP SOU 4
    Winks TOT 4
    The 5th booking only counts until the 19th game, for most teams (Bruno), that's only 2 games to go and we're clear. Bruno won't have to worry about it again one way or another after this gameweek.

Villa with all their postponements are a different story - they've only played 15 so Jack has to be a good boy for 4 games to avoid the suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TC Antonio. I'm considering it

Morzadec wrote: »
    Had planned to BB this week but Leeds and Soton are out of doubles which probably puts a stop to that.

However with the FH now burned, I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to ever get more than eleven doublers in one week? Any future big double is going to have to be navigated with keeping in mind a blank close by, so you probably are going to want singlers on your bench (assuming those singlers play in a nearby blank).

I was also hoping to use the BB while I have two starting GKs, because possibly going forward I might want to save funds there and have bench fodder.

Looking at the BB i would be playing it would be: McCarthy (lei), Alioski (BHA), Dallas (BHA), Brewster (TOT).

Would be banking on a Leeds clean sheet, and Brewster's most likely locked in for a 1 pointer, so probably will hold on to the BB. But I am tempted by it in a week where at least I have a playing sub goalie and two players on the bench with a fixture I like.

Im in a similar situation and will be playing it just so its not in my thoughts over the remainder of the season and the 2nd Wildcard. I never really get a haul out of it towards the end of season anyway.

I will be going with Johnstone, Coufal, KWP, Brewster. 10DGW Players total for now. (will Prob do Kane to Antonio so will be up to 11 then)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I could be (and probably will be) completely wrong here but I’m not sure about De Bruyne. Everyone seems to be making changes the last few weeks to get him in but I’m not sure he’s worth it. Granted they have an appealing looking double fixture, but last night was my first time watching them properly this season. Now I can understand why he hasn’t been clocking up points like previous seasons - they’ve no threat up front! They are basically playing without a striker, Jesus came on and looked pathetic, Sterling - well that penalty was a disgrace and Aguero seems to be out for another bit again. They made Brighton look very good last night. I’d nearly be favouring 2 City defenders and no KDB.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The 5th booking only counts until the 19th game, for most teams (Bruno), that's only 2 games to go and we're clear. Bruno won't have to worry about it again one way or another after this gameweek.

Villa with all their postponements are a different story - they've only played 15 so Jack has to be a good boy for 4 games to avoid the suspension

Yea but the problem for the Man U lads, or any player with a DGW, if they get booked in the first game they'll miss the second, a factor to consider if your transferring in a player or making captain. Would you put in on Bruno knowing that he might only get one game?

manual_man wrote: »
    TC Antonio. I'm considering it

I am thinking of captaining him.... Have a bad feeling Salah may blank at least 1 of his games :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Newbie20 wrote: »
    I could be (and probably will be) completely wrong here but I’m not sure about De Bruyne. Everyone seems to be making changes the last few weeks to get him in but I’m not sure he’s worth it. Granted they have an appealing looking double fixture, but last night was my first time watching them properly this season. Now I can understand why he hasn’t been clocking up points like previous seasons - they’ve no threat up front! They are basically playing without a striker, Jesus came on and looked pathetic, Sterling - well that penalty was a disgrace and Aguero seems to be out for another bit again. They made Brighton look very good last night. I’d nearly be favouring 2 City defenders and no KDB.

He had a bag of chances though playing higher up. Granted he's not a goalscorer by nature, but looks like he'll keep getting chances for the next few games at least.

Advertisement