Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any love for Abraham? Have 7.7m to spend on a FW. Can't get Antonio as already have 3 WHM.

It's for a -4, otherwise I'll play Lowton. But Burnley's DGW fixtures aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any love for Abraham? Have 7.7m to spend on a FW. Can't get Antonio as already have 3 WHM.

It's for a -4, otherwise I'll play Lowton. But Burnley's DGW fixtures aren't great.

Can’t trust Abraham to play twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Dr. Bre wrote: »

You're probably right, just don't see any great alternative. Wish I'd got rid of DCL weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Can't really trust anyone to play twice is the huge problem for the DGW.

Martial appeared to pull something towards end of last game - whether he did or didn't, i can't see united playing both him and Cavani against Pool - so that's an issue for either of them.

Giroud/Abraham - who knows who will play - assuming Werner plays both games.

Antonia - hasn't played 90 mins in the PL since 19th September - but that hasn't stopped lads expected him to play two games in three days.

City - There are no forwards really worth considering due to rotation/form etc

Vardy - has some sort of hip injury which they need to mind, will he play 2 games in 3 days - who knows

Watkins - does he or doesn't he have Covid - no one knows - so that's a huge risk

Wood/Barnes - not great fixtures nor is there any form

Wilson - probably the safest bet out of any to play both games - but it's Newcastle....

All in all, taking hits to get any of the above carries risks, we saw what happened with going in big on the FH - the value was in the defenders. The likes of Chilwell for instance is cheaper and probably better shout than any of Chelsea strikers. Likewise for City - Cancelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Generally follow that principle but I have to say I am very tempted to captain either Cancelo or Dias this week

Yea I wouldn't follow that never captain defender rule. Cresswell couldn't really ask for 2 better fixtures and he has 6 assists this season. He's a good differential captain this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

You're probably right, just don't see any great alternative. Wish I'd got rid of DCL weeks ago.

The striker pool feels like it’s shrinking. I replaced DCL with Martial a few weeks ago and regret it. I also have Adams who I want rid of.
    My solution is to do Martial to Vardy and Adams to Davis (3rd sub fodder) and move to a 3-5-2 playing Soucek every week.
    I have a sub keeper with KWP and Dallas as subs so feel fine having 1 fodder sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Dice75 wrote: »
    30 possible playing games with BB. Giving serious consideration to captaining Cresswell.

I've seen a couple of people captaining Soucek on Twitter!
    I think I'm going for one of the City defenders

I've the fear that either Bruno misses the second game or KDB gets a rest for his second game. (And I don't have Salah at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Antonio - hasn't played 90 mins in the PL since 19th September - but that hasn't stopped lads expected him to play two games in three days.

What's important is that he played 90mins in the FA cup last week, and West Ham just sold their only striker. But yes, always a fear he'll get injured but I think it's worth the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What's important is that he played 90mins in the FA cup last week, and West Ham just sold their only striker. But yes, always a fear he'll get injured but I think it's worth the chance.

He actually needs to play to build up his fitness. 2 games in 3 days when have been chillin for few months isnt actually terrible high risk territory. we just say it cus we are FF managers...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've the fear that either Bruno misses the second game or KDB gets a rest for his second game. (And I don't have Salah at the moment)
    I would guarantee 90% of them won't do it. The other 10% will probably finish out of the top 2 million.

The same lads that will shout at the top of their voice when one of these punts in the dark comes off, but are usually much quieter when it comes to discussing end of season ranking.

IMO, it is Salah or De Bruyne for captaincy. Yes, there are some concerns about De Bruyne's tiredness, but you'd still have to be backing him to play 120 minutes minimum right, even if Pep does rest him a bit more than he tends to?

Salah is off form at the moment, but is right up there with Bruno in terms of being the most reliable assets in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I currently have 7 dgw players and Kane, son , Bamford and saka as the other 4. Happy the 7 dgw aren't dead weight...
    Would it be madness to us my free hit to get vardy and salah in and 2 other dgw players ??

I think I'd end up with about 20-30 extra points with a free hit and I won't be taking a points hit or loosing team value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I currently have 7 dgw players and Kane, son , Bamford and saka as the other 4. Happy the 7 dgw aren't dead weight...
    Would it be madness to us my free hit to get vardy and salah in and 2 other dgw players ??

I think I'd end up with about 20-30 extra points with a free hit and I won't be taking a points hit or loosing team value

Considering what's coming down the line with rearranged games and blanks and doubles etc. yes it would be a terrible waste

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Considering what's coming down the line with rearranged games and blanks and doubles etc. yes it would be a terrible waste

Thinking that alright. Its not as if everyone around me will have full teams of dgw players . I think I'll take a hit to get salah in . He's the one player this week that will cause me to loose ground

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This must be on the back of the headed goal statistic bandied about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Never captain a defender

That’s nonsense. Traditionally defenders do best in DGWs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm moving away from a -4 or -8 to BB and now instead I'm actually thinking of TC on Sterling. Madness, but after the horror show of BGW, I need something out of the ordinary. He should be starting both after getting his rest the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s nonsense. Traditionally defenders do best in DGWs

Thinking of captaining Cancelo myself, been very overdue attacking returns, 2 home fixtures V Palace and Villa. Pep rotation the obvious problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Son and Kane or salah and antonio -4 . Id be captaining kdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Thinking of captaining Cancelo myself, been very overdue attacking returns, 2 home fixtures V Palace and Villa. Pep rotation the obvious problem

Yeah, I was set to do the same and then got worried with this:
    https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1350078136445239298

Trying to get meaning from Pep in a presser is a recipe for disaster at the best of times though

Shedite27 wrote: »

It’s a huge issue

I’m on Salah because he has two home games and Liverpool haven’t lost at home in 46 years. IF matip is back V United it’ll be massive, allow Henderson back to midfield

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was set to do the same and then got worried with this:
    https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1350078136445239298

Trying to get meaning from Pep in a presser is a recipe for disaster at the best of times though

I’d take it from that he means Cancelo is playing the best out of his outfield players. He genuinely seems to love him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Went out for a run there at lunchtime and came back convinced to throw the triple captain on Salah.

No concrete logical reason....I red arrowed on FH this week so I guess the TC offers a chance of immediate redemption.

Liverpool have had a week without a game and will have a point to prove. I'm expecting an early blitz....if they don't score in the first 20 mins then it'll probably play out as a cagey draw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Went out for a run there at lunchtime and came back convinced to throw the triple captain on Salah.

No concrete logical reason....I red arrowed on FH this week so I guess the TC offers a chance of immediate redemption.

Liverpool have had a week without a game and will have a point to prove. I'm expecting an early blitz....if they don't score in the first 20 mins then it'll probably play out as a cagey draw

Imagine he scores within 5 minutes in the first game. Lips would be licked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Green&Red wrote: »
    It’s a huge issue

I’m on Salah because he has two home games and Liverpool haven’t lost at home in 46 years. IF matip is back V United it’ll be massive, allow Henderson back to midfield

I remember Norwich winning 3-1 there in 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

dsmythy wrote: »
    Imagine he scores within 5 minutes in the first game. Lips would be licked.

That's the plan... although given the way this season is going I fully expect him to miss a penalty and get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

sheroman01 wrote: »

I didn't see their FA cup game so have no eye test for Antonio's 90 minutes.
    His previous minutes were uninspiring.
    I've Martial and his tight hammy to worry about so I'm still tempted. He's emerging as a bandwagon of sorts for this forum and I'd hate to miss out if he goes big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Seriously considering a Soucek captain just because they get their games done fast compared to everyone else and with all this Covid nonsense that could be pivotal. He's done and dusted by Tuesday, can't say that about any other candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm moving away from a -4 or -8 to BB and now instead I'm actually thinking of TC on Sterling. Madness, but after the horror show of BGW, I need something out of the ordinary. He should be starting both after getting his rest the other night.
    Yes, yes and yes again! Sterling hit me with a nasty -2 the other night but how often have we seen players bounce back immediately with a goal or two after a horror show. In my head he owes me big and I think he's a good guy so am quietly confident he will deliver for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Right here goes the 1st draft of a FH team. 11 DGW starters with a weak bench but most of them will play besides the GK if any first 11 get covid.
    Ederson
    Targett Stones Coufal
    Salah Tielemans KDB(c) Bruno Soucek
    Antonio Vardy

Langley Struijk Lowton Robinson

Thoughts please? Might even switch captain to Vardy yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

Ralph Hasenhuttl just said they could be prepared to face Leeds if Shrewsbury game gets called off. I'm holding my chips until I know what is going on before deadline.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/january/ralph-hasenhuttl-we-must-be-ready-to-face-leeds-if-cup-tie-is-called-off-again

Would be unreal if people transferred out Leeds players already and the Sou-Leeds match went ahead for the DGW.

Advertisement