Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

cex is second-hand store but at least they are great ones the device has be in working to accept, i know gamestop is more expensive or smiths but i rather take my chances at least it would be brand new, second hand that means someone hand it before you did

60€ or 70€ isn't a lot for game for switch its cost Nintendo money to make to them this cheap. Hd Cartridges are expensive to produce more then bluray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 yyt

nix wrote: »
    Yeah, honestly i dont mind kicking up the 340 for the console and game, but whats worrying me is the games aint going down in value much. With the PS4 or PC, a few months later and you can get a game for half the price or less than what it was on release.

I dont mind paying full over priced whack for things the odd time as long as i can get a bargain here or there.. Just not seeing many on the switch end of things... which is a first in all the consoles i have had over the years tbh

Tell me about it, if this was PS4 id have DK and Mario tennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

tony1980 wrote: »
    Warframe is available to play now.

Have you tried it? Any good?
    I see Brawlhalla is available as a free download too if anyone needs to scratch that Smash itch before next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just seen this week's Japanese sales, "monstrous" :eek: is how I'd describe them. The Switch sold a little over 200,000 :eek: units and Pokemon Poochu and Peevee sold a combined 660,000 :eek: copies. Japan really love Pokemon.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-46-2018-nov-12-nov-18.82357/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

sligeach wrote: »
    Just seen this week's Japanese sales, "monstrous" :eek: is how I'd describe them. The Switch sold a little over 200,000 :eek: units and Pokemon Poochu and Peevee sold a combined 660,000 :eek: copies. Japan really love Pokemon.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-46-2018-nov-12-nov-18.82357/

Holy crap. That's nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Holy crap. That's nuts.

Imagine how many the main Pokémon game will sell when it's released!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Have you tried it? Any good?.

I've not played the Switch version but Warframe itself is a brilliant game. After the first few missions when you're left to your own devices, it can be a little confusing/overwhelming with what to do next - I suggest watching some videos from iFlynn or TacticalPotato on YT for guidance. Stick with it and it all makes sense.

Also, be careful if you want to use your PC Warframe account on Switch, sounds like it's a one way ticket according to this link - https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/21/18107088/warframe-nintendo-switch-pc-cross-platform-play-progress.

FIRST LOOK Gameplay of World of Light, Classic Mode, & Spirit Board! | Super Smash Bros Ultimate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrMn60VCDQ

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The new Japanese Switch ads are great fun. Nintendo really do a great job with these....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

pokemon lets go pikachu and eevee on nintendo switch are the 1st ever pokemon rpg game to feature pokemon mew because You can't legitimately catch a Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. ....

Saw this site on Reddit, seems pretty cool. One to bookmark anyway. He has apps for Android and Apple too (though they are just wrappers for the site)

https://switchlist.app

Mario Tennis Aces - Pauline, Luma and Boom Boom (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WcVcroDHc

RUMOR: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword For Nintendo Switch Teased by Eiji Aonuma
    Could this be the next Zelda game for the Nintendo Switch?

sword-1140x641.jpg

https://www.thenerdmag.com/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-for-nintendo-switch/

Add this to the Game Informer comments in the past couple of days and it starts to make so much sense. Couple that with the Switch being able to handle motion controls and that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess got the HD treatment on Wii U, it only seems logical that Skyward Sword HD on Switch would be next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As long as I can turn off the gods-awful motion controls, this would be a day one purchase for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not for me. Skyward sword isn't a game I'd play through again. I'd class it as the weakest of all the zelda's. Far too much talking, far too many text boxes and way too much hand holding.

They knew it too because look at the difference between it and breath of the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is that not the worst mainline 3D Zelda game?
    Just do a HD twin pack with Wind Waker & Twilight Princess instead.
    I'm pretty sure I've heard more than once that the switch struggled with motion control for the Pokemon game so I assume they won't make motion mandatory for it.

If they HD it, they'll make quality of life changes like they did with Windwaker.

The flaws of SS can be fixed easily enough if they put the resources behind it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is that not the worst mainline 3D Zelda game?
    Just do a HD twin pack with Wind Waker & Twilight Princess instead.
    I'm pretty sure I've heard more than once that the switch struggled with motion control for the Pokemon game so I assume they won't make motion mandatory for it.

I already have Twilight Princess on Gamecube, Wii and WiiU!
    I don't think I could cope with another version of it!

Ah, who am I kidding, I have Ocarina of Time on every format it was released for!

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    If they HD it, they'll make quality of life changes like they did with Windwaker.

The flaws of SS can be fixed easily enough if they put the resources behind it.

Skyward Sword is beyond redemption. It's flawed right down to the minutiae. If I start going on its problems I'd never stop. It's easily the worst and more specifically the only bad mainline Zelda game there is. If someone really wants to hear the problems, ask and I might list them later. Ironically, the motion controls that some people don't like are about the only redeeming feature of SS, apart from the infinite recalibration. Motion controls have improved since then it may not be an issue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ERG89 wrote: »

The motion controls for Pokemon work really well as all thats involved is a throwing motion. You flick it forward to throw the ball and thats it. It works really well surprisingly.

As for "fixing" skyward sword, quality of life changes wouldn't help or solve with the basic design of the game. It's not a "terrible" game in it's own rights by any means....it's just not a good one. And by Zelda's high standards its really quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    If someone really wants to hear the problems, ask and I might list them later.

You're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's a very vague and loose tease by Aonuma, it's probably not even one at all. He was asked why SS wasn't on Switch yet and he said 'You want Skyward Sword' on Switch? That was it.

If they do, hopefully they keep the motion controls, really liked them. It's not the greatest Zelda game, but it's still a good game. It chugs along too slow at the start but it turns into a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turning off the constant Fi nagging would be the main thing I would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Loved the game personally, in spite of the motion controls. Give it a standard control layout and I'll buy it and play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Do a demaster of it and have it as a top down snes Zelda game. Demaster everything.

What Skyward Sword HD Needs to Do on Switch - DISCUSSION (Controls, HD Rumble, Voice Acting?!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xeAS5k-6hXE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'll buy skyward sword on switch once I don't have to use the motion controls. It's the only zelda game I started that I didn't finish due to me being to lazy to use the motion stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've never played skyward sword and I'd still prefer another game, like WW, TP or OoT.

If they're gonna go all out and do a proper remaster, I think the dream is if they used the BotW Hyrule map for an OoT remaster. Just fix up the church and you'd be grand!! ;)

Advertisement