Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's a fake channel

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's a fake channel

Cheers. Dirty gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dunno if its been mentioned but IntSys announced a Fire Emblem Expo for May next year.

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1068416871546871808

Going to be more news on a live stream on the 8th, maybe news on Three Houses as it was rumoured to be out early 2019 (but prob just more FE Heroes stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm fairly sure that footage with Reggie was from earlier in the year and I think he was also wearing a Metroid t-shirt underneath.

Lineup for the awards looks good so far, although not a huge fan of getting random presenters just cos they are 'famous' i.e. Christoph Waltz. Some form of Metroid reveal looks almost certain from rumblings online and I'm sure some unexpected ones too, as Nintendo tend to do which no one knows about.

Corholio wrote: »
    Some form of Metroid reveal looks almost certain from rumblings online and I'm sure some unexpected ones too, as Nintendo tend to do which no one knows about.

You can't guarantee anything, remember that Starfox Racer that was all set to be revealed at E3?
    But instead the only Star Fox related thing was Starlink, which I had to Google to make sure I had the right name.
    I expect a Smash character reveal to give the Season Pass a spotlight. The characters are already chosen so it's only a matter of throwing the trailer together.
    Makes more sense for them to reveal Metroid in a direct early next year.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    You can't guarantee anything, remember that Starfox Racer that was all set to be revealed at E3?
    But instead the only Star Fox related thing was Starlink, which I had to Google to make sure I had the right name.
    I expect a Smash character reveal to give the Season Pass a spotlight. The characters are already chosen so it's only a matter of throwing the trailer together.
    Makes more sense for them to reveal Metroid in a direct early next year.

Absolutely, nothing is guaranteed. With Starfox Racer it was more that it existed rather than any set time it was going to be unveiled, there just seems to be a lot of Metroid teases from pretty reliable 'insiders'. The January Direct will be a major one so it'll be an interesting balancing act about what they want to reveal at TGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw Brian Altano raving about Gris on Twitter. Out on December 13th. One for the wishlist....

Assassin’s Creed Compilation is listed for Nintendo Switch in MediaMarkt Germany

Here comes a surprising news related to a recent listing that MediaMarkt Germany has added on its official website. It is a game called Assassin’s Creed Compilation , which is supposedly on its way to Nintendo Switch .

And is that the store has listed a chip with this name for the hybrid console with a release date scheduled for March 29 . Nothing more is shared in it, but the word Compilation is striking , which could be referring to some type of collection of this popular Ubisoft franchise.

http://mobitechinfo.com/assassins-creed-compilation/?fbclid=IwAR38jnNChyTzQyYObOtpgIpthCYS5knWRP0h_xVSaqk_8TjDzfZWEkCR-CA

---

I'd love to play through AC2 and Brotherhood again. The likelihood is for the Wii U games though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Mr E wrote: »
    Assassin’s Creed Compilation is listed for Nintendo Switch in MediaMarkt Germany

Here comes a surprising news related to a recent listing that MediaMarkt Germany has added on its official website. It is a game called Assassin’s Creed Compilation , which is supposedly on its way to Nintendo Switch .

And is that the store has listed a chip with this name for the hybrid console with a release date scheduled for March 29 . Nothing more is shared in it, but the word Compilation is striking , which could be referring to some type of collection of this popular Ubisoft franchise.

http://mobitechinfo.com/assassins-creed-compilation/?fbclid=IwAR38jnNChyTzQyYObOtpgIpthCYS5knWRP0h_xVSaqk_8TjDzfZWEkCR-CA

---

I'd love to play through AC2 and Brotherhood again. The likelihood is for the Wii U games though...

Could be the ezio collection which was released in the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

magnumbud wrote: »

that's 2, Brotherhood and Revelations isn't it? I'd play them all again tbf, not the biggest AC fan but 2 and Brotherhood are a lot of fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

magnumbud wrote: »

I could very much see these as one on the cart, and the rest are download. I think it would be likely to see these as individual downloads, rather than a compilation - AC2 took 8gb on PC, and I know it's not an exact conversion due to lower quality textures, and compression, but 3-4 games at 4+gb a pop, will end up costing a lot in terms of cartridge sizes.

Early impressions and previews of Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom sound fantastic. Review embargo lifts tomorrow and looks like it could be a real gem.

Sundered®: Eldritch Edition Launch Trailer (All systems)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cO43XHr47zc
    Montreal, Canada – December 3, 2018 – Thunder Lotus® has announced that Sundered®: Eldritch Edition will launch worldwide on Nintendo Switch™ and Xbox One on December 21, 2018. The definitive version of the chaotic hand-drawn action-adventure game, Eldritch Edition notably enhances the game with local co-op. Sundered: Eldritch Edition is pre-purchasable today on the Nintendo eShop.
    Sundered: Eldritch Edition will also arrive on the same day as a free update to all existing players on PC and PlayStation®4.

Sundered earned high praise from press and players alike for its unique take on the classic metroidvania genre upon its release on PC and PlayStation®4 in 2017. The new Sundered: Eldritch Edition includes the Magnate of the Gong Update, adding local co-op multiplayer support for up to 4 players, along with a special quest chain through new areas, and a chaotic battle against the new Magnate of the Gong boss.

“We really wanted to bring something special to the table for the launch on the new consoles,” said Will Dubé, President of Thunder Lotus Games in a prepared statement. “Plus, we’d been wanting to bring multiplayer to our games for a long time. It’s cool to see how well the local co-op integrates into the core Sundered experience in Eldritch Edition. It’s a great opportunity for existing players to dive back into the game as well!”

About Sundered®: Eldritch Edition

Sundered® is a chaotic hand-drawn action-adventure game where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers. Confront hordes of terrifying enemies in an ever-changing world inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Sundered is a challenging and unique take on a classic genre from the creators of Jotun, now with local co-op!

Sundered: Eldritch Edition includes the Magnate of the Gong Update, adding local co-op multiplayer support for up to 4 players, along with new areas and a chaotic battle against the new Magnate of the Gong boss!

Sundered: Eldritch Edition will be released on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on December 21, 2018. Sundered was initially released on PC/Mac/Linux and PlayStation®4 in 2017, and Eldritch Edition arrives as a free update on those systems on December 21 as well. The title is priced at $19.99 USD on all platforms.

This looks really good, it's a Metroidvania style game, so that gets my attention. It's from the makers of Jotun, which is another plus. Looking up reviews, its average is around 70%, hopefully they can fix some of the games faults in this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I thought the games still unlocked at 11pm,and was waiting to give it a quick bash, but I was sadly mistaken! :(

Anyone know what time they unlock now? Looks like 3pm from what I was reading!

What game?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom!

Ah right. :)

Not long to wait now!

First review up on Metacritic (90/100)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom

Doom 2016 clone :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Sundered®: Eldritch Edition Launch Trailer (All systems)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cO43XHr47zc

This looks really good, it's a Metroidvania style game, so that gets my attention. It's from the makers of Jotun, which is another plus. Looking up reviews, its average is around 70%, hopefully they can fix some of the games faults in this version.

Is there a physical version?
    My young fella is a massive HP Lovecraft fan, he's get a massive kick out of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

This looks like a decent zelda inspired game coming next year

Edit: cheers for the embed :)

• Advertisement

The Last Story 2 aka Media Markt strikes again

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/a2v9m3/the_last_story_2_aka_media_markt_strikes_again/
    thelaststory2zoom5lc5b.png

It would be nice if this was real but a lot of time these are mistaken listings. Media Markt are a reliable site so you never know. I seen a listing in the last couple of weeks on Amazon.com for a new Kirby game coming in 2019. That had to be an error.
    Last_Story_Box_Art.jpg

If you look at the text in the box art for this new listing, it's a carbon copy of the original.

Thief dupes GameStop clerk to steal Nintendo Switch gaming console
    ec9a2093-e437-4a27-ab04-8f1e7f4f7cc5-SwitchTheft.jpg?width=1080&quality=50

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-breaking/2018/12/04/help-sought-identify-man-gamestop-console-theft-tucson/2203282002/

Someone's just ruined their Christmas and he should be easily identifiable from the photo.

3mStTN5.jpg?1

Hope it's true definitely. The retailer seems to have put up the listing based on the rumour it will be announced though. Apparently the product description in the listing translates as:

'The product is just a rumor but we think it will be announced at the Game Awards with a early launch in feb 2019'

A bit weird for a retailer to do that but I think a lot of them 'accidentally' leak this stuff just for notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If that's true it'll be incredible, pity then that the franchise isn't bigger with non Nintendo fans.
    But that would be a day one purchase for me even though I own them all singly, as a trilogy on the Wii and the trilogy release on the WiiU.

On other news Outrun is out on the Japanese eshop, I'm playing it at the mo, as great as it ever was though I'd prefer to see them port Outrun 2006: Coast2Coast to the Switch.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If that's true it'll be incredible, pity then that the franchise isn't bigger with non Nintendo fans.
    But that would be a day one purchase for me even though I own them all singly, as a trilogy on the Wii and the trilogy release on the WiiU.

I kinda hope it's a "and it's available tonight" announcement but that's an ask if it may not be true :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it was a physical release before Christmas, that would be straight on the Santa list.
    I also own them all 3 times separately, trilogy and Wii U.

The trilogy would be a nicer starter before the 4th in the Prime franchise main course.

I could see Metroid Trilogy as a Feb/March release, soon but still time to market it. Unfortunately Metroid needs more marketing than it should need imo, lesser franchises have sold a good bit more.

It'll be interesting to see who might be porting it. Panic Button already said they have multiple Switch titles upcoming. Tantalus as well could be a possibility.

• Advertisement

Advertisement