Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Most pro ready but unlikely to be the best long term. Though the Giants aren't ready to contend it is probably wise move to support Jones and Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Analysts seemed more impressed with Wills to the Browns

Must watch tape on Thomas in the morning

Night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Overall consensus for me was that he was the cleanest prospect but maybe not the highest ceiling. I would definitely have rather if we had traded back and selected the nest OT available then. We now have pick 37 and not again until the 4th round more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

boccy23 wrote: »
    Overall consensus for me was that he was the cleanest prospect but maybe not the highest ceiling. I would definitely have rather if we had traded back and selected the nest OT available then. We now have pick 37 and not again until the 4th round more or less.

Apparantly the Giants were involved in trade talks while on the clock but nobody bit.
    Anyone else see Gettleman put the mask on !!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm very happy with Thomas, I have to say.

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Apparantly the Giants were involved in trade talks while on the clock but nobody bit.
    Anyone else see Gettleman put the mask on !!?

https://twitter.com/MadelynBurke/status/1253493698190508032

Think the Cowboys got great value for their pick unfortunately

Will be interesting to see what direction Gettleman goes tonight at 36

I think it will be on defence

I would take Yetur Gross-Matos was still there. Or Xavier McKinney.

Personally though, I'd like to trade down for a 3rd round pick. This is deep at certain positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

boccy23 wrote: »
    I would take Yetur Gross-Matos was still there. Or Xavier McKinney.

Personally though, I'd like to trade down for a 3rd round pick. This is deep at certain positions.

Ruiz is gone, so I hope they get Cushenberry in the 2nd to solidify the O-line, and I think he would REALLY solidify the line. Nothing flash, just stop defenders having a bee-line to Jones.

I'd like Gross-Matos but think he will be gone by 36

• Advertisement

So S Xavier McKinney at No 36

Can't really complain

It's a need

So Gettleman doubles down on OTs taking Matt Peart at 99

Not a bad draft at all so far, really.

Would have liked an edge rusher, but when you have as many needs as we do and a young QB and RB, it makes sense to double down on OL if you think the value is there.

Doubt we'll go centre, even if Biadasz is there at our pick now. We have Cam Flemming and Peart as backup tackles and Gates to cover inside, and potentially challenge for centre spot.

We'll probably resign Halapio too, if I had to guess.

We've a bunch of 7th rounders I wouldn't mind seeing packaged together to get a higher pick today, but might be a difficult sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Giants definitely improved at the tackle spot, two great picks imo. Not sure about McKinney though, I think he'll be a decent box safety, but they already have Peppers for that

So we went with Darnay Holmes CB UCLA

Another CB

Seems very small at 5'9 3/4

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    So we went with Darnay Holmes CB UCLA

Another CB

Seems very small at 5'9 3/4

Very good on special teams apparently. Would be close to judges heart

Very good on special teams apparently. Would be close to judges heart

Hmmm maybe

Still think we have bigger issues than ST

No pass rush is going to be a big big issue

Getty definitely going after OLine

5th Round pick

Shane Lemieux G Oregon

Hmmm maybe

Still think we have bigger issues than ST

No pass rush is going to be a big big issue

Resign golden maybe?

Resign golden maybe?
    At present they have 17 million in cap space

• Advertisement

Rest of the draft

Cam Brown OLB Penn State

Carter Coughin OLB Minnesota

TJ Brunson ILB South Carolina

Chris Williamson CB Minnesota

Tae Crowder ILB Georgia

All defence

DeAndre Baker got himself arrested for armed robbery and aggravated assault. I would think that is the end of him as a giant, especially if “culture” is as big a thing as DG makes out

https://www.nfl.com/news/warrant-out-for-baker-dunbar-on-robbery-charges

DeAndre Baker got himself arrested for armed robbery and aggravated assault. I would think that is the end of him as a giant, especially if “culture” is as big a thing as DG makes out

https://www.nfl.com/news/warrant-out-for-baker-dunbar-on-robbery-charges

Absolutely

He's looking at a long tíme in jail

Gettleman and the scouting department definitely seem to have overlooked character issues

We can't afford to wiff on a first rounder

Aldrick Rosas’ arrest: New York Giants’ placekicker allegedly involved in hit-and-run

Accident apparently happened Monday morning

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/6/16/21293183/aldrick-rosas-arrest-new-york-giants-placekicker-allegedly-involved-in-hit-and-run

FFS

Aldrick Rosas’ arrest: New York Giants’ placekicker allegedly involved in hit-and-run

Accident apparently happened Monday morning

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/6/16/21293183/aldrick-rosas-arrest-new-york-giants-placekicker-allegedly-involved-in-hit-and-run

FFS

Culture, culture, culture 🙄

So Baker being charged and Dunbar not (lack of evidence) . Patricia Traina has an interesting podcast up today where she talks to a sports lawyer . One interesting theory about why they are going ahead with the case is face-saving o the part of the prosecutors after some of Baker's lawyer's comments in recent months.

Its still very hard to believe he would be stupid enough to do something like that. I was wondering today if it could have been about him feeling he was cheated/welched out of a bet that evening, if something along those lines did happen.

https://sny.tv/articles/giants-deandre-baker-charged-with-four-counts-of-robbery-with-a-firearm

More on Deandre Baker from NY Daily News, today...Its a fascinating read

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ny-giants-deandre-baker-arrest-20200908-oz3q7vgyyncf7bsjsz2oigtyre-story.html

"The police documents, which include victims and witness testimonies and information obtained from search warrants by cops as well as surveillance and body cam footage and detective notes, allege the now-former Giants cornerback suffered a huge loss in a high-stakes dice game on May 12, tried to steal it back that night — and returned with a firearm the next evening to rob the game’s big winner and three others at a Miramar, Fla., gambling party."

" And Victim 4 acknowledges hearing there was “cheating” going on in the May 12 game at the Quality Inn....Victim 4 says there were rumors Baker believed he’d been cheated out of $60,000 or $70,000 the night before at the Quality Inn, while Victim 3 says there “probably” were loaded dice used in the May 12 hotel room incident. Victim 4 said the players “came back this time ready” for any more cheating — with Baker and Shy both pulling guns."

"Baker “put a gun in the old man’s face” and “took all his money out of his hand,” recounted Victim 3. The “old man” surrendered $600 in cash and Baker grabbed a watch from his wrist, stuffing the stolen property in his pants pocket.

Victim 3 says Victim 1 protested there was no way he could have been cheating because he’d just lost $40,000 himself. And Victim 1 recounts that Dunbar was directing people on what to take from the others at the card game."

“When DeAndre Baker pulled out that gun, he looked like one of the guys in the projects that I see,” recounted Victim 3. “It was like he was playing in a movie or something ... We were — (in) our minds … we’re blown away from the start. Like this fool really pulled out a gun on us. And we’re the gangsters, you know what I mean?”

Same crap different year

Will do a better post tomorrow after work but going to be a long year again going by game 1

You have had a 90 yard drive downfield, why do you not just take the sack and at worst take the field goal? I like jones but man it’s hard at times.
    That secondary tho.....

• Advertisement

You have had a 90 yard drive downfield, why do you not just take the sack and at worst take the field goal? I like jones but man it’s hard at times.
    That secondary tho.....

Just watched the highlights and will watch the game back later. But that interception was woeful. Also, Saquon looked to have no running room whatsoever. There was 3 sacks but it looked like there was more pressure.

Still, I do think the Steelers are one of the better teams that we will face. Some of DJ's throws were perfect. I would take some positives from what I see overall. If we had converted that 19 play drive, if we had......

But I am going to stay positive. We will be better.

Advertisement