Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Playing Dead Island at the moment and so far I'm loving it. Have to get more into it but what a great game.

Great game. Riptide is pretty good to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ant695 wrote: »
    Great game. Riptide is pretty good to.

Yeah I'm going to move to that as soon as I finish this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Started Infinifactory yesterday. It is really very good. Can hurt your brain trying to come up with solutions but once you see them working it is great. Storyline is not amazing but covers the bases and gives you a reason to push on through it.

The mechanics of it are brilliant. It's block building but very targeted, not a minecraft clone. The puzzles are all related to creating a production line to make specific outputs. Sounds pretty dry but it is a great puzzler! Bonus is the price of only 22 euros.

If you're looking for someone to do some co op with give me a shout. Have both of them on pc but haven't touched them yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ant695 wrote: »
    If you're looking for someone to do some co op with give me a shout. Have both of them on pc but haven't touched them yet.

Cool add me on steam and when I'm online playing pop on and join a game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

And when you finish those two you get Dying Light :D

I loved Dead Island as well but Dying Light trumps it.

Cravez wrote: »

I have Dying light there aswell...... way too many games with not enough time to play them haha

Cravez wrote: »

I only actually found out recently they're from the same people so will definitely be grabbing it. Looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

Witcher 3 and GTA V (PC) on a 92" screen shiiiiieet

I stopped playing CSGO for a week so I've decided to tackle my backlog. Managed to finish GTAV and Dishonoured!

Both are great, especially Dishonoured.

I've started Borderlands 2 but I'm not liking it at all. All the guns feel the same. The aim punch and recoil is insane when you fire weapons. I can't stand it. I have no interest in a loot simulator which seems to be a big aspect of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Witcher 3 and GTA V (PC) on a 92" screen shiiiiieet

92" screen, pixels must be massive.
    I've started Borderlands 2 but I'm not liking it at all. All the guns feel the same. The aim punch and recoil is insane when you fire weapons. I can't stand it. I have no interest in a loot simulator which seems to be a big aspect of the game.

The whole Borderland series is up there in my favourite games of all time.

So I keep hearing, it got rave reviews. I just don't think it works for me. I couldn't stand diablo 2 as it was all about getting better loot all the time. This seems no different. The fps element seems tedious already.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

getting into battlefield 4 a lot again lately still very good

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

despite early complaint I think the game has held up for a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've got 170+ hours in Borderlands 2, that game was just all sorts of awesome. There's still a load of DLC I've never finished on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

Yeah they are fairly big but not noticible from far away, saying that as expected they do look better on an pc screen

Links234 wrote: »
    I've got 170+ hours in Borderlands 2, that game was just all sorts of awesome. There's still a load of DLC I've never finished on it too.

Could you elaborate on what you liked so much about it?

Could you elaborate on what you liked so much about it?

It was just ridiculous amounts of fun, the humour hit the right spot for me too, the storyline and setting were great, and it had just about the perfect blend of FPS and RPG elements.

It was just ridiculous amounts of fun, the humour hit the right spot for me too, the storyline and setting were great, and it had just about the perfect blend of FPS and RPG elements.

I'm the same they are just such good games. And the longevity as well adds to it.

I'm the same they are just such good games. And the longevity as well adds to it.

Also, Handsome Jack was just one of the best villains ever

• Advertisement

Hmmm. I think it has the worst parts of FPS and RPG elements put together.

ClapTr4p was another fun character as well.

I don't know what you don't like about it. It won game of the year with the first and second. Did you play the first including the DLC's?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I never got into it.

I thought Borderlands 1 was pretty good to begin with but it was a serious struggle to eventually get through to the end.

Got bored of B2 inside 3 hours or so.

I like the art style and the humour's grand and all that, but the loot isn't interesting enough to keep me playing the fairly repetetive gameplay.
    There was a bunch of good ideas there but they didn't quite take them far enough to hold my attention.

It would've probably helped to have played with someone but as a singleplayer experience, it certainly didn't quite have enough for me.

I really felt like I should have loved the game - I was on the look out for a FPS loot-whore game before I found Borderlands. It just didn't seem to be the one.

Hopefully I've put my hard and software problems behind me now.
    Hardwares all up and running (r9 Fury) and I seem to have successfully done a clean install of Windows 10, which sidestepped a lot of issues I was starting to have from my messy C drive (most with GPU drivers).

Currently have Wolfenstein: Old Blood installing, which I'm going to play before the New Order for chronologicicity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Playing GTA V and Arkham Knight now that I've got a 970 and my machine runs them both :D

Nah I've played around 2 hours of the second one. Repetitive generic shooter with added Diablo 2 loot system. Not my cup of tea. The game is slightly humorous though.

I'm with you on this one. I played a fair chunk of the first one based on numerous friends raving about it and telling me I "had" to play it.

Didn't do anything for me no enjoyment from it at all. i think it was largely down to the visual style for me it just didn't interest me.

However that is what makes the industry so big everyone likes different things. I love all the dead island games yes including escape in that but I know plenty of people who hate them with a passion.

I played borderlands on the 360 a few years ago and i only found it ok, have 1 & 2 on the PC so will revisit them after the Dead Island franchise.

My current play list

Dead Island
    Dead Island Riptide
    H1Z1
    Orion - Prelude
    Van Helsing 1 - 2 - 3
    Borderlands 1 & 2
    Left 4 Dead 2

I kind of dip in and out of the following from time to time:

The Witcher 2
    Dayz mod
    Don't Starve

I have a grand total of over 330 games and really need to start working through them, winter cant come quick enough haha

For the laugh i had a look at how much my steam account is valued at:

https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561197994152536/?cc=de

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

back to bed

you have to guide a sleep walking man around a level towards his bed. puzzler, quite short.. you do two sets of 15 levels and then there's a 'nightmare' mode with added complications.

fairly straightworward most of the time but some of them are right head scratchers. http://store.steampowered.com/app/308040/ worth 6 quid anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just finished Wolfenstein: Old Blood.

Entertaining.

I do love the feel of Id games. The guns always have plenty of punch (Doom 3 notwithstanding). Lots of enjoyable bits of head explosions and stuff like that.

Can't say I was expecting that last hour or so, but I've never played a Wolfenstein game before, and it's not like it was against the tone - what with the dual wielding shotguns, mecha-nazis and gaining extra health the more med kits you use.

It took it's stylised version of reality, made no apologies and just ran with it.
    Nice for a change in an age of predominately cover-based, health regenerating, only carrying 2 weapons sort of shooters.

Now, on to the main event - the New Order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played the first few hours of The Talos Principle today. It has been a while since a game made me feel so dumb, then clever, then dumb, then clever etc. in such a short space of time. Definitely one of my favourite games this year.

Advertisement