Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Scraubed/Skrawbed was a common word in the mideast(Kildare/Offaly border) up till a few years ago. Never heard of scrawled before.

I think the general consensus is that "scrawled" is more of a Cork word, much to my amazement. I thought it was used everywhere!!!

Oh well, I'm proud of my Cork slang and my Cork roots!! :P :P!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Got through the security screening area with Ronan O'Gara right behind us...and realised I was wearing an England rugby woolly hat. How embarrassing...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

"desperate ex`s ive upgraded seriously **** off cry me a river build a bridge and get the **** over it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm friends with a friends sister in America. She's in her 40s, is seriously into surfing and had a cracking body back in the day. She has 4 kids, 4 different baby daddies. Is recently divorced but is now with the love of her life, the most amazing man in the world and constantly updates her Facebook with pictures of this dude on the laptop, getting his hair cut, out of the shower, ect with random lovey dovey messages written over. They're literally together 4 months. Anyway -

Tonight she posts an old pic of her in a bikini, abs, and a tag #beforeihad6kidslol

Someone commented and was like wow I know I've not seen you in a long time but 6 kids? How did I miss that.
    She replies, "well I have four and *boyfriend* has two". Hahahaha it's people like her that makes me love facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

constantly updates her Facebook with pictures of this dude on the laptop, getting his hair cut, out of the shower, ect /quote]

No matter how many times I read the last five words of the above quote I still read it as 'out of the shower erect'

• Advertisement

"You ****ing slut ..... 3 women in less than 3 weeks ..... n god u ay no oil painting .... must be the legs opening .....no wonder ..... God help u when the 'court case' starts you know wot ..... funny enuff I doh stick up for slags......"

and:

"My slut of an ex girlfriend thinks she can rub my nose in everything ..... she is nothing but a cheat, liar, user, money grabber, pikey scum, have to tell her to wash, vile piece of work ....hope she enjoys her new bint, coz true colours always show .... Thank **** she let me off ... or God knows ......... Plus lying about her age... that was not funny ... think that hurt the most ...... tell you people ..never meet people on here coz they certainly aren't who they say they are ......... just lies"

and:

"I've been dissed, laffed at, robbed, took for a fool, ridiculed, all by some lyin little school girl who lied about her age...... Don 't worry she was older than school, shame her brain is still there, but too thick to pass an exam ..... God wot a fool ..... Enjoy ya waste if a life bitch, coz this bitch has moved on twice.... Oh best of both worlds ........... U silly sily bint !!!!!"

and:

"No ****er takes me for a fool again.... Yeah learned the hard way, but the right way ...... U r dead to me bitch, enjoy while u can u coz u will always use n always be damaged ........ Oh doh like that, ****in tough........ U will never marry n never have a baby ...... So as for wot u said to me the other night...... I'm more than half way there................ — feeling great."

All from the same person today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

If he is calling her a tick it's the other way round to be honest :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Tetra wrote: »
    "You ****ing slut ..... 3 women in less than 3 weeks ..... n god u ay no oil painting .... must be the legs opening .....no wonder ..... God help u when the 'court case' starts you know wot ..... funny enuff I doh stick up for slags......"

and:

"My slut of an ex girlfriend thinks she can rub my nose in everything ..... she is nothing but a cheat, liar, user, money grabber, pikey scum, have to tell her to wash, vile piece of work ....hope she enjoys her new bint, coz true colours always show .... Thank **** she let me off ... or God knows ......... Plus lying about her age... that was not funny ... think that hurt the most ...... tell you people ..never meet people on here coz they certainly aren't who they say they are ......... just lies"

and:

"I've been dissed, laffed at, robbed, took for a fool, ridiculed, all by some lyin little school girl who lied about her age...... Don 't worry she was older than school, shame her brain is still there, but too thick to pass an exam ..... God wot a fool ..... Enjoy ya waste if a life bitch, coz this bitch has moved on twice.... Oh best of both worlds ........... U silly sily bint !!!!!"

and:

"No ****er takes me for a fool again.... Yeah learned the hard way, but the right way ...... U r dead to me bitch, enjoy while u can u coz u will always use n always be damaged ........ Oh doh like that, ****in tough........ U will never marry n never have a baby ...... So as for wot u said to me the other night...... I'm more than half way there................ — feeling great."

All from the same person today...

Nothing says "I'm over you" like lambasting your ex multiple times on a public platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

There are a few contenders for this but my own "favourite" has to be: Insert coin to view status

"So I have been thinking about my life the last few days; about what it is that I really want. I've after some deliberation, I have made the following list.

1.) Work with my friends to start a multimillion (billion?) dollar business so that I know that I will be stable and self-sufficient for the remainder of my life.
    2.) Start going to the gym every day until I get my body weight down to 145 again, and have nice tone. (a 65 lb. loss required to achieve)
    3.) Purchase a car within the next 2 months.
    4.) Develop my apartment into a home - fully furnished
    and finally...
    5.) Get MY girl back and be a family with her and her daughter.

Your support and encouragement would be very helpful and appreciated."

• Advertisement

"So I have been thinking about my life the last few days; about what it is that I really want. I've after some deliberation, I have made the following list.

1.) Work with my friends to start a multimillion (billion?) dollar business so that I know that I will be stable and self-sufficient for the remainder of my life.
    2.) Start going to the gym every day until I get my body weight down to 145 again, and have nice tone. (a 65 lb. loss required to achieve)
    and finally...

I like how the one at the top of the list is the least achievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think the general consensus is that "scrawled" is more of a Cork word, much to my amazement. I thought it was used everywhere!!!

Oh well, I'm proud of my Cork slang and my Cork roots!! :P :P!!

Like what in the habitual f*ck?! Scrawled is a real word, used everwywhere in the world. Are y'is on drugs or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

GarIT wrote: »
    My granny was telling me in the 40 in Dublin they said scrabed, but then again they used the wrong words for everything.

I used 'scrabbed' as a child and I'm only 22. Though I had forgotten about that word entirely until reading the scrawled debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Like what in the habitual f*ck?! Scrawled is a real word, used everwywhere in the world. Are y'is on drugs or what? :confused:

Really, where are you from and where do you live, how often do you hear that term of phrase, I now understand what it means, but I never heard it used until this thread, by the way how is it pronounced cause I would love to use it in the future. :) Verbally :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

and finally...

Did you not post this a few weeks back aswell?
    I've definitely seen this before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

SV wrote: »
    Did you not post this a few weeks back aswell?
    I've definitely seen this before
    I was just about to post that! Thought I was having some sort of deja vu! :)

Really, where are you from and where do you live, how often do you hear that term of phrase, I now understand what it means, but I never heard it used until this thread, by the way how is it pronounced cause I would love to use it in the future. :) Verbally :D

Limerick. My old man must've said it umpteen times this Christmas with people sending cards with their scrawl all over it. Google gives a definition so am I missing something? :confused: I didn't read back to see the beginnings of it on this thread .

I was just about to post that! Thought I was having some sort of deja vu! :)

Oops maybe I did sorry :) Am just scrolling down through my newsfeed, haven't been on facebook for a while

Oops maybe I did sorry :) Am just scrolling down through my newsfeed, haven't been on facebook for a while

Was that posted by the same person who announced that they were going to try and get involved in politics, culminating in a bid for US presidency? I remember seeing that before.

• Advertisement

Can I quote all of you, I've never heard of it as a word, so Sorry, but as a world it must exsist, what exactly dose it mean? define it :)

To write something hastily and it ends up looking like sh*te :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Mint Aero wrote: »
    To write something hastily and it ends up looking like sh*te :)

I understand that connection, oh be jayus so is that what scrally means. really now I get it, it likes burning someone it's like scalding someone, (Dublin pharse) regardless of what they say, your allowed scalded them, am I right ?

I understand that connection, oh be jayus so is that what scrally means. really now I get it, it likes burning someone it's like scalding someone, (Dublin pharse) regardless of what they say, your allowed scalded them, am I right ?

Hold on now a sec, I've read back a bit more and it transpires the debate was about scrawled meaning scratched too? Now, I've never heard of that before. If anything having the letter L in a word for scratching is ludicrous, because L is soft sounding and scratching needs to be rough sounding with the -atch or an itch, anywhoo I'm talking nonsense now :)

Was that posted by the same person who announced that they were going to try and get involved in politics, culminating in a bid for US presidency? I remember seeing that before.

Actually yes, you are right :)

Actually yes, you are right :)

Oh dear. Is this person like... Ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

A friend on my fb posted up a picture that had facebook is closed on the 29th,30th and 31st of Febuary please share this and she shared it and wrote oh no :(:(

Safe to say she's been unfriend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Someone I know posted pics of her 16 yr old daughter getting a massive tattoo. She was beside her, watching it being done.

Responsible parenting at its finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Omfg, the amount of posts about some "scrawled" word or some sh1te getting in the way of me reading posts. Will yee give it a rest or take it to private message - no-one cares!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Off to watch the Tennis! sure we might as well seeing as its ten minutes down the road! slightly warm at 39 degrees tho!

This one hardly ever posted until she moved to the promised land of Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

'Okay, team! We need the next big Christmas hit. Gimme your ideas.'
    'Well, there's this great song and it's set in New York.'
    'Good start! What's it about?'
    'It's a love song between two heroin addicts looking back on the choices they made over the years, and all of their broken dreams. And they yell at each other. I think it's gonna be really big, boss.'
    '... Moving swiftly onward. What else do you have?'
    'How about a song about a guy whose lover dumped him on December 26th, and he's still bitter and angry about it a year later?'
    'Guys, I don't think you're quite getting the idea. It's supposed to be happy! A time of celebrations!'
    *consults clipboard*. 'Well, here's one where everyone is reminded to celebrate -'
    'That's what I'm talking about!'
    '-because in some parts of the world people are starving to death. And also it doesn't snow there.'
    'Oh, for the love of - CHRISTMASSY. Give me CHRISTMASSY, people.'
    'Okay... I've got one for you. It's about the quintessential Christmas experience.'
    *pause*. 'Which is...?'
    'Being stuck in endless holiday traffic.'
    'Fine, you win. Run that one with the drug addicts by me again.'

:pac:

To be fair, I think that's a bit of news that's Facebook worthy. It's hardly an everyday occurrence. I'd much rather hear about someone going to tennis rather than "HAAAA so druunk rite now!!!1 :L"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jelly much? Supposed to be 35c+ here in Brisbane today :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I finally get to post one: :P
    Sick of people talking shít about me!! So angry and upset :([Facebook sad face] at least I know I have certain people to set the story straight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Guy I know puts up a "off da drink for gud" post about once a month. Feel like calling him out on it.... Next Friday hell probably post "Where's every1 drinkin tonite?!??"

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting me through tonight guys. True friends, love yee - with John Doe and Jane Doe

I hate that **** posting it and tagging the people. Just ****ing text them saying thanks instead of being attention seeking making it public that something happened tonight that I'm sure you're dying for someone to ask about so you can say 'Mail me hun'.

Jelly much? Supposed to be 35c+ here in Brisbane today :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Jaysus that's fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I think we should all post a link to this thread on our Facebook. Tag the annoying ones that take over your needfeed for addd reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not at all. I'm one of those people who thinks anything over 25c is too much.

Some of the last few status updates from a liked page. Yes, it's a bit of pedantry but these are from our local NEWSPAPER!
    Still quite icy this morning , take are on the roads
    Reports of black ice all over cork guys, if your driving anywhere please be careful !!
    So tell us what's your New Years resolution? Keep it clean please , some comments maybe printed!
    So has anyone lost anything in the storm? A greenhouse, she'd or trampoline maybe ?
    Good morning everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed yesterday.
    Ladies and gents if your driving tonight please be careful. Weather warning is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

cantdecide wrote: »
    Some of the last few status updates from a liked page. Yes, it's a bit of pedantry but these are from our local NEWSPAPER!
    So has anyone lost anything in the storm? A greenhouse, she'd or trampoline maybe ?
    Someone working for a newspaper actually thinks the correct way to spell shed is "she'd"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Someone working for a newspaper actually thinks the correct way to spell shed is "she'd"?

No I'd say it is the phone. But someone working for a newspaper doesn't know how to proof-read and edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

amdublin wrote: »
    No I'd say it is the phone. But someone working for a newspaper doesn't know how to proof-read and edit.
    Yeah, that's even more puzzling - I just read over the quotes again and noticed a few more, the shed one just stood out first time around. I think a platoon of grammar Nazis need to be deployed to their office asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

There's a couple on "my Facebook" that talk to each other though their Facebook statutes.

"had a great weekend darling, I love you so much."

"food luck tomorrow babe xxxx "

You live in the same fcukong house...what are you doing????"

Oh my god, I wonder is it the same people I'm friends with???!!! They do the exact same thing. They live in the same house (not working so with each other all day) and have facebook conversations about dinner, the tv and how much they love each other.

amdublin wrote: »

The organisation is a farce. It's the recently purchased pet-project of the owner of an organisation completely unrelated to media. They had a highly respected editor who hired my cousin, a highly respected journalist but they were both fired within six months, IMO, because both were a threat to the then new "manager" (26yo bookkeeper) who is now the new "editor". We've all worked for organisations where the ego of ambitious and unscrupulous management comes before all else and this is one of these occasions. The "editor" literally laughed in my cousin's face as she handed her her cards just before Christmas.

Trust me, the spelling and grammar errors in the paper are almost as bad as the FB feed. Freaks: 1 Norms: 0

Rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

cantdecide wrote: »
    The organisation is a farce. It's the recently purchased pet-project of the owner of an organisation completely unrelated to media. They had a highly respected editor who hired my cousin, a highly respected journalist but they were both fired within six months, IMO, because both were a threat to the then new "manager" (26yo bookkeeper) who is now the new "editor". We've all worked for organisations where the ego of ambitious and unscrupulous management comes before all else and this is one of these occasions. The "editor" literally laughed in my cousin's face as she handed her her cards just before Christmas.

Trust me, the spelling and grammar errors in the paper are almost as bad as the FB feed. Freaks: 1 Norms: 0

Rant over.

Hmmm, the local newspaper Where the water tastes like wine...

Canaan Wedding Gazette? I need more clues, cantdecide, dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

From a mates page.
    Happy birthday <snip>, from the oldest swinger in town.Nana x

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

"It isn’t easy being a conscious, happy, healthy, masculine, whole man today. We don’t have a lot of support and the stakes couldn’t be higher. If we don’t evolve, we will lose. Our women, our families, our missions in life need us to be BIG. It’s time to get our **** together."

He posts crap like this all the time!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

"It isn’t easy being a conscious, happy, healthy, masculine, whole man today. We don’t have a lot of support and the stakes couldn’t be higher. If we don’t evolve, we will lose. Our women, our families, our missions in life need us to be BIG. It’s time to get our **** together."

He posts crap like this all the time!!

what a ****.............................i bet hes into that trx ****e aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

bet hes into that trx ****e aswell

Had to google that. Thought you were having a go at T-rex. Woundn't stand for that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement