Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ MOD WARNING POST #1 BEFORE POSTING- Joshua Vs Klitschko

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Klitschko Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    If he caught Wlad flush in Germany he could've rocked him, he can rock Joshua. I've no doubt about both those facts.

This is where i disagree with you. Fury is a relatively modest puncher at heavyweight. I don't see him having the power to really hurt Joshua. As good as Fury is at being elusive, Joshua will surely land something half decent during the fight, if he does I'm not confident Fury can take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Klitschko Points
    If Dillian Whyte was able to stun Joshua then Fury is more than capable of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Klitschko Points
    section4 wrote: »
    Wlad was never a one punch knockout artist, hejust kept pecking till you were vulnerable and then finished you off, I was surprised how badly he hurt Joshua that early in the fight especially when you consider Joshua had him down in the previous round and wlad is 41years of age, the most significant factors in this fight.
    It was plain to see he was fighting well for a 41 year old but looking slow and laboured, that he was ab,e to hurt Joshua at all dies not bode well.
    The only time Joshua looked effective was when he came forwRd and threw bursts of punches but he couldn't sustain then over a minute if he could he should have had wlad out in the first but he wasn't able to.

You could argue Joshua's physique was nearly his undoing in the fifth round.
    He may have stamina issues due to it.

I have watched the fight again, maybe a younger Wlad would not have been caught by that upper cut in the eleventh round. Still I thought he showed tremendous footwork and head movement for a man of 41. He looked as good as he did in previous years at times. What surprised me the most was the amount of punishment he took and still got back up off the floor. Incredible will power.

That said I feel you are somewhat overlooking how impressive Joshua's performance was.
    He was able to block Wlad's left hook for much of the fight. When he was in trouble in the fifth he slipped shots and blocked a lot of shots. Also i have to give Joshua kudos for recovering from that humdinger of a punch in the sixth round, that punch would have put most people to sleep. Even his trainer thought Joshua was finished after that punch.

I don't like Joshua, but i have to acknowledge he is a much more accomplished boxer than i gave him credit for. I hope Wlad does not opt for a rematch, it could well be a more one sided victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joshua Points
    This is not a criticism of Wlad, but he still kind of folded like previously once AJ landed clean. The 2-3 instances where AJ landed clean he had Wlad in big big trouble.

I think a rematch would see AJ get the job done far quicker, although he is IMO vulnerable himself to a good power shot.

Joshua Points
    Burial. wrote: »
    If Dillian Whyte was able to stun Joshua then Fury is more than capable of the same.

Kind of agree. If Fury can get in real good shape then he has a very good chance IF he can both hurt AJ and avoid, or take AJs shots, should the shots land.

I went and watched more of Fury last night. He is very talented, and with the reach and size he will be a huge handful for AJ.

AJ by KO I predict, but if he can't get the KO then it's Fury via points or late stoppage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Joshua Points
    walshb wrote: »
    Kind of agree. If Fury can get in real good shape then he has a very good chance IF he can both hurt AJ and avoid, or take AJs shots, should the shots land.

I went and watched more of Fury last night. He is very talented, and with the reach and size he will be a huge handful for AJ.

AJ by KO I predict, but if he can't get the KO the it's Fury via points or late stoppage.

Lots of "ifs" in that. All reports have Fury over 300lbs at the moment. First he needs to lose 50 - 60lbs, then he needs to work on getting into shape and then he needs to get into fighting shape and then he would probably need one if not two fights before he would be sharp enough to get into the ring with AJ. You could be easily talking 18 months to 2 years for that to happen.

Fury doesn't strike me as someone who is straining at the leash to get going again.

Joshua Points
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    Lots of "ifs" in that. All reports have Fury over 300lbs at the moment. First he needs to lose 50 - 60lbs, then he needs to work on getting into shape and then he needs to get into fighting shape and then he would probably need one if not two fights before he would be sharp enough to get into the ring with AJ. You could be easily talking 18 months to 2 years for that to happen.

Fury doesn't strike me as someone who is straining at the leash to get going again.

That's just it. Will he even be fighting fit should they meet? The fight should really happen by the end of this year if Fury wants to give himself a real chance.

Joshua Points
    SS1 showing the fight in full tonight at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Joshua Points
    That's just it. Will he even be fighting fit should they meet? The fight should really happen by the end of this year if Fury wants to give himself a real chance.

A lot of dung on social media today, fight is set for April next year, fury 6 stone overweight blah blah.
    Also AJ risks losing a belt if he doesn't fight Pulev next :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,022 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Say they will make an offer to Pulev to give up his mandatory but if it doesn't work I have no doubt they will not be bothered in the slightest dropping the belt for the time being to peruse the bigger payday fights.

Pulev is certainly not going to be high on the hit list right now, depends on how things go with Fury, I suppose the main one is whether Wlad is going to use his rematch clause, just goes to show Fury's bluster for what it was when they were gonna strip him for not defending his mandatory after winning the belts v Wlad. Vendetta against him me bollix

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Replay on now.
    round 5 and 6 greats rounds.

Joshua Points
    I watched it again. I enjoyed it more live. It was a better fight live than when you sit back later and watch.

I scored it 95/95 after ten. 2-3 very close rounds.

I scored rd 5 10/9 AJ. Yes, he started well and got the knock down, but Wlad fought back and almost closed the show. 10/8 would not have been fair I feel.

Rd 6 was a 10/8 rd for Wlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Klitschko Points
    Johnny Nelson said something in a recent sky article about Vitali being so annoyed after Wlad lost to Fury that Vitali was banned from Wlads training camp. Anyone hear anything about this? I've always been intrigued by the relationship between the brothers, they never give much away in public. Can only find one article online where Wlad says they used to spar each other but it got too rough and vicious between them so they stopped.

They are extremely close, dunno about this camp but they were still sparring together ahead of the Fury fight.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Loved Vitali as a fighter but he's supposedly a very different character to his brother, nowhere near as articulate. He has a rep for committing hilarious gaffes when he speaks on political issues in his homeland, very respected in the sporting arena but ridiculed in politics.

I'd imagine he got very frustrated that his brother was being too cautious and vented his opinions. Wlad is technically better and hits marginally harder I believe, but Vitali was on another level completely in terms of chin and versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Johnny Nelson said something in a recent sky article about Vitali being so annoyed after Wlad lost to Fury that Vitali was banned from Wlads training camp. Anyone hear anything about this? I've always been intrigued by the relationship between the brothers, they never give much away in public. Can only find one article online where Wlad says they used to spar each other but it got too rough and vicious between them so they stopped.

He wasn't allowed into training camps years ago, was nelson confused?

Klitschko Points
    mada82 wrote: »
    He wasn't allowed into training camps years ago, was nelson confused?

Hard to know, I'm trying to find the article again now and can't. It was one where they had a whole group of pundits give their opinions on whether Wlad should retire.

Rematch speculation from Eddie Hearn comments putting the date around October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

Joshua KO
    Rematch speculation from Eddie Hearn comments putting the date around October.

Wembley again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Joshua Points
    HenryHill wrote: »
    Wembley again ?

Apparently not as would need an indoor venue, Cardiff looking favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Klitschko Points
    http://www.boxingscene.com/vitali-klitschko-i-blame-myself-wladimir-loss-joshua--117337

Relatively interesting. Have to agree, should definitely have gone for the kill, Joshua was pudding all over at that stage. But that's the sport I guess.

Joshua Points
    It's pure bull. Wlad was never really a killer. Too cautious to throw the kitchen sink, unlike AJ when AJ had him hurt, he went and tried hard to close the show.

Half the arena were screaming for Wlad to close the show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Joshua Points
    It also fail to address the amount of right hands wlad was missing with after the knock down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Eddie says if the rematch goes ahead it'll be in Nigeria in Autumn.

Joshua Points

Wow....sounds so appealing! Book me a flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Joshua Points
    It's probably the only place in the world that doesn't hate him yet:pac:
    Wow....sounds so appealing! Book me a flight!

I'll get the flights if you get the fight tickets:D

Klitschko Points
    blade1 wrote: »

Could you imagine it? It would be some craic! Boards.ie trip to Nigeria haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Sold out in 4 seconds, tickets only available from our partner stub hub Nigeria. Don't miss out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw

Believe it or not, not every country is full of begrudgers. Even Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement