Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ MOD WARNING POST #1 BEFORE POSTING- Joshua Vs Klitschko

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Boxing is the big winner after that fight.

The heavyweight division has been cack for the last decade at least, and Mayweather brought boxing way back Imo.
    I'm only a casual fan of boxing, but a massive fan of mma. I only watched the fight last night because it was available to me and there was nothing else on.
    But I'm on the bandwagon now and can't wait to see what matchups are made next.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joshua Points
    eurokev wrote: »
    Boxing is the big winner after that fight.

The heavyweight division has been cack for the last decade at least, and Mayweather brought boxing way back Imo.
    I'm only a casual fan of boxing, but a massive fan of mma. I only watched the fight last night because it was available to me and there was nothing else on.
    But I'm on the bandwagon now and can't wait to see what matchups are made next.

Blow in..😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Joshua KO
    Miccoli wrote: »
    He looked gassed to me , breathing very heavily, no movement.

Agreed. It was after the barrage where he knocked Klitschko down that he really gassed. It hadn't been a particularly hectic fight up to that point. Then after less than 2 minutes of sustained pressure his tank completely emptied. He initially started retreating because of tiredness not because of heavy punches from Klitschko.

He shows great heart to come back but he recovered after doing very little for a couple of rounds and was allied by Klitschko starting to fade himself.

In certain facets he was very impressive but he clearly has holes in his game.

I'd also be of the view that fury has the tools to beat him but who knows if fury can return to his best considering the shape he's in at the moment.

Joshua KO
    thierry14 wrote: »

People really over rating Fury because of a gun shy Wlad

The same gun shy wlad (albeit older and out of the ring for 14 months) that knocked Joshua down, probably should have finished him and was arguably ahead on points after 10 rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Joshua Points
    qwabercd wrote: »
    The same gun shy wlad (albeit older and out of the ring for 14 months) that knocked Joshua down, probably should have finished him and was arguably ahead on points after 10 rounds?

Best Vlad looked in years.
    Had the right plan just couldn't pull it off.
    Those few flurries Joshua launched could finish any fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Joshua Points

Judges were 2-1 in favour of AJ at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Klitschko Points

Most people seem to think Wlad was ahead on points, even Carl "Sky Sports till I die' Froch. The judges saw it differently. Better to have been knocked out than fall victim to a home town decision.

Joshua Points
    Wlad looked more the ring General throughout, but scores wise it was close. Either man could have been argued as being ahead come rd 11..

Joshua Points
    Battle of the uppercuts...

LL uppercut on Vitali vs. AJs on Wlad?

Lewis' for me cleaner and harder...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Joshua Points
    I'd Klitschko one round up before the ko.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Erik Shin wrote: »

Which tells you the fix was in so to speak already. Not by any sort of wide margin admittedly but Wlad should absolutely have been going in to that round ahead on each score card imho.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Joshua Points
    Which tells you the fix was in so to speak already. Not by any sort of wide margin admittedly but Wlad should absolutely have been going in to that round ahead on each score card imho.

Had him 1 round up myself,

Joshua Points
    Wlad was a winner too last night. Fought hard and more champion like than in previous fights. An adjustment here and there and with a little more urgency when he had AJ hurt and he could have won via KO.

Plus he wasted too many chances by constantly looking to finish AJ with the leaping left hook, that AJ was reading. He should have mixed it and threw the overhand right more when AJ was there to be hurt.

Joshua Points
    Hopefully Vlad just retires now and no rematch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Joshua KO
    Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Joshua at one stage was one punch from being game over. Just imagine if he was 10 years younger....

I don't think a 17yo Joshua would have beaten Klitschko
    Referring to wlad..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Joshua KO
    Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Joshua at one stage was one punch from being game over. Just imagine if he was 10 years younger....

I don't think a 17yo Joshua would have beaten Klitschko
    Referring to wlad..............

Joshua KO
    blade1 wrote: »
    Best Vlad looked in years.
    Had the right plan just couldn't pull it off.
    Those few flurries Joshua launched could finish any fighter.

That's my point. Fury made him look bad.

Joshua KO

Yeah I know, I said he was arguably ahead. Arguably he was, one judge had him ahead as did a lot of people scoring the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think Wlads right hand was injured during Fury right he barely threw it all fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Boxing math doesnt work, just because Fury won without getting hurt against Wlad dont mean hes going to walk into the AJ fight and win with ease, I can see how he wins with his movement ect but people have gone overboard from what im reading especially on social media the common phrase I see it ''fury would hammer that bum AJ'' pmsl.

• Advertisement

Joshua Points
    That's my point. Fury made him look bad.

And in doing so made himself look just as bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

Gamebred wrote: »
    Boxing math doesnt work, just because Fury won without getting hurt against Wlad dont mean hes going to walk into the AJ fight and win with ease, I can see how he wins with his movement ect but people have gone overboard from what im reading especially on social media the common phrase I see it ''fury would hammer that bum AJ'' pmsl.
    There doesnt seem to be any middle ground with people with regards to this fight, everyone either beleives fury boxes rings round around him or AJ blows him away with ease.

Joshua Points
    Miccoli wrote: »
    There doesnt seem to be any middle ground with people with regards to this fight, everyone either beleives fury boxes rings round around him or AJ blows him away with ease.

I think AJ blowing Fury away is more a runner.

Joshua Points
    Gamebred wrote: »

Not sure where you're seeing that, in fact it seems to be the exact opposite.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Klitschko Points
    walshb wrote: »
    And in doing so made himself look just as bad..

Yeah, looking awful.

april-ring-cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Still disappointed this morning. Really wished wlad had of seen the job through. He was too wild when joshua was there to go then let joshua get his confidence back.

What a great fight to watch live though. It had everything.

It's gonna be tough listening to Joshua fans and sky from now on though.

I just don't buy Joshua's personality, just seems so fake.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

snowflaker wrote: »
    Could that be the fight that saved boxing?

Ohhhh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Klitschko Points
    Well both of those men proved me wrong in different ways. I think Wlad and Joshua will have won respect from their respective detractors after that fight. It was a superb fight.
    The old lion fell short. I think Joshua put the argument to bed that he can't take a punch:o That punch from Wlad would put most boxers to sleep.
    I believe Joshua will now go on to beat Wilder and Fury.
    Fury, if he had knock out power and a decent chin, would beat Joshua comfortably on points. I can see Fury out boxing him a lot of the time, but Joshua will keep coming forward because Fury does not have the power to deter him, before eventually he gets caught by a big shot. Wilder is terribly crude offensively, he is a ko waiting to happen against a decent fighter.
    I am sure Haye is the only man that can beat Joshua:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

It's tough to call joshua against fury, potentially fury could use the same tactics and just move and frustrate Joshua, but if at some point joshua catches him and starts to unload then it's game over.

I'd fancy Joshua to beat wilder, although wilder seems to hit hard so one punch could change it.

Parker doesn't even come into it, he will lose against the first top fighter he faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Klitschko Points
    mada82 wrote: »
    Still disappointed this morning. Really wished wlad had of seen the job through. He was too wild when joshua was there to go then let joshua get his confidence back.

What a great fight to watch live though. It had everything.

It's gonna be tough listening to Joshua fans and sky from now on though.

I just don't buy Joshua's personality, just seems so fake.

Yes. He comes across as a phoney to me also, but as a fighter i have to give it to him, he proved me wrong last night big time. You could argue Wlad should have shown more composure and mixed up his punches when he had Joshua in trouble, but at the same time you have to credit Joshua for staying upright and blocking some punches when he was on wobbly legs at one point.

Advertisement