Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

inforfun wrote: »
    Saw a discussion on Dutch tv a few weeks ago after that Interpol report.
    The dodgy bets are 1st corner, 1st card and the likes. The ones that that need only1 players involvement

Makes sense if you examine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

inforfun wrote: »
    Saw a discussion on Dutch tv a few weeks ago after that Interpol report.
    The dodgy bets are 1st corner, 1st card and the likes. The ones that that need only1 players involvement

Thats what I'd suspect Infor. You could also argue that it requires solely the officials (ref) involvement. I'm not one for the cards market, but I have seen plenty of posts here enquiring why certain tackles etc. weren't carded. Of course the late late peno is also a subjective view of the ref, well a lot of penos are, but a last minute one does tend to reverborate more

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Wont play for me, but it does indicate how sophisticated the whole thing has become, this is like something you'd see those "analysts" in Langley engaged in !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Well, I've probably lost all this :o but what the hey, bet what you can afford to lose as I say...
    Correct score;
    West Ham 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur
    Stake: €10
    Returns: €100

And...
    Seven fold;
    Napoli
    Steaua Bucharest
    Kayseri Erciyesspor
    Galatasaray
    Lazio
    Monaco
    Tottenham
    Stake: €20
    Returns: €635.56

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Galatasaray & Over 2.5 goals 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

magherakid wrote: »

Would you be confident on this. Might lump on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

greenman09 wrote: »

Loaned from another forum:

About this match:

Eboue - gökhan - dany- hakan

our defence line is very weak today, ordu can score at least one.

greenman09 wrote: »

medium size bet for me, only bet what you can afford to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Levante to win 2night

Very good at home. 21/20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Took the usual ... Bale wincast. I betted against my opinion today as I think West Ham will take a draw from this game. But betting what I think (backed up with good stats of course) hasnt worked recently so I said what the hell, I'll go for the bet that has been coming in most for Spurs recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FatRat wrote: »
    Took the usual ... Bale wincast. I betted against my opinion today as I think West Ham will take a draw from this game. But betting what I think (backed up with good stats of course) hasnt worked recently so I said what the hell, I'll go for the bet that has been coming in most for Spurs recently.

Tempted to follow myself. Bale has been very good to me recently, though I might just go with Bale Anytime at 7/5.

Fancy corners tonight in the london derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Alright Lads first time properly posting here, so bear with me :)

Cork City vs Crusaders tomorrow night.

Suspensions
    Colin Coates, Timmy Adamson, David Rainey, Declan Caddell, Chris Morrow and Stephen McBride are all serving a one match suspension and will miss Tuesday night’s first leg tie.

Setanta Sports Cup Stats
    Between them, these six suspended players scored six of Crusaders’ seven goals in the 2012 Setanta Sports Cup.
    In 90 minutes, Crusaders have only won two of their seven Setanta Sports Cup games ever – both coming in last year’s campaign.

Cork City have played Northern Irish opposition ten times in Turner’s Cross in the Setanta Sports Cup.
    After losing the first of these games 1-0 against Portadown in 2005, Cork City went on to win the next nine.

Cork City have scored 24 times in these ten games.
    Cork City have kept a clean sheet in half of these ten games, and only conceded a solitary goal in the other half.

City to win @11/10 , City HT/FT @21/10 and Over 2.5 goals @10/11.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/25/turkey/super-lig/galatasaray-sk/orduspor/1327744/

Orduspor havent scored a goal in last 5 away games. Away to Gala tonight and evens to not score. Surely worth a few quid. And they havent scored more than one away from home since October 2011. Back them to score 1 goal at 6/4 and surely its a no brainer? Break even if they dont score and make profit if they score 1. Cry if they somehow score 2
    fuuck. Only backed them not to score but have gala in a small accum too. Not looking good

JLoftus wrote: »

Suspensions
    Colin Coates, Timmy Adamson, David Rainey, Declan Caddell, Chris Morrow and Stephen McBride are all serving a one match suspension and will miss Tuesday night’s first leg tie.

Setanta Sports Cup Stats
    Between them, these six suspended players scored six of Crusaders’ seven goals in the 2012 Setanta Sports Cup.
    In 90 minutes, Crusaders have only won two of their seven Setanta Sports Cup games ever – both coming in last year’s campaign.

Cork City have played Northern Irish opposition ten times in Turner’s Cross in the Setanta Sports Cup.
    After losing the first of these games 1-0 against Portadown in 2005, Cork City went on to win the next nine.

Cork City have kept a clean sheet in half of these ten games, and only conceded a solitary goal in the other half.

Any thoughts?

Will be at this game, City to win looks good based on the stats, gonna wait to see the Cork team thou.

JLoftus wrote: »

Suspensions

Setanta Sports Cup Stats

Any thoughts?
    Will be at this game, City to win looks good based on the stats, gonna wait to see the Cork team thou.

Crusaders, the Setanta Cup holders, will be understrength for their testing trip to Cork.

"We have a lot of suspensions and injuries, so we will have to blood some young lads and ask one or two players to do jobs they would not normally do," said Crues manager Stephen Baxter.

"But we have done it before and last year we beat Bohemians, Sligo and Derry City in this competition."

Will be on Cork, can see the price cut before kick off

Tottenham Team Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Holtby, Adebayor

West Ham Team Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, O'Brien, Collins, Demel, Diame, J.Cole, O'Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Small bet on Lens to score a goal (vs Monaco) @ 1.60

boom :D:D:D

didnt give it much hope at half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Spurs 2-0

Spurs & Levante

Final roll of the dice..... if all fails, it's no punting till Saturday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hadn't time to look but was considering the bale wincast at 11/4 but
    did singles on shanes 4 bets given the form he's in (sorry shane)
    the unders bet will cover the other 3 should they fail but it's profit im
    playing with so not the end of the world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tempted to follow myself. Bale has been very good to me recently, though I might just go with Bale Anytime at 7/5.

Boom! Ridiculous odds for Bale to score anytime. 12 minutes and its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Small bet on Lens to score a goal (vs Monaco) @ 1.60

Boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    West Ham v Tottenham
    Monday night's Premier League clash sees an off form West Ham host a Spurs side unbeaten in their last 10 league games and still going strong in Europe. As stated West ham are struggling for form at the moment having lost 3 of their last 4. Looking closer at their home form and it is clear where their strength lies. They have picked up 22 of their 30 points at Upton Park.
    They have won 2 of their last 3 at home however, and have held Man City at home aswell as beating Chelsea earlier in the season. Spurs have drawn 2 of their last 3 on the road. With Jermain Defoe injured at the moment and Adebayor very ineffective this term, reflected in his disappointing total of just two league goals, the goalscoring burden is very much on Gareth Bale at the moment. To be fair he has responded to this increased goal scoring responsibility of late. He had scored Spurs' last 6 goals in all competitions before Moussa Dembele's late late strike in Lyon. That game in Lyon was the quietest I have seen him in a while and he was very ineffective. You wonder what effect the midweek game will have had, fatigue could come into it.
    The goals have dried up of late for Spurs (5 goals in last 5 league games as opposed to 10 in the previous 5 games). West Ham have only conceded more than one goal at home on 3 occasions (Incidentally these 3 games they lost) and kept a clean sheet against Swansea last time. West Ham have one of the tightest pitches in the league, and with Spur's strength primarily coming from the wings I can see this limiting Spurs' attacking play.
    West ham have scored in all but one of their home games, while Spurs have scored in all but one of their away games. I can see this game being 1-1.
    Under 2.5 goals 9/10 (6/8 unders has come in)
    Draw 12/5
    Bale anytime 7/5 (4 goals in his last 3 league games)
    Correct Score 1-1 5/1

sickener so close to getting a nice draw bet in. Having said that Spurs deserved to win. Time to get another run going

Thoughts on the Classico?

Do away goals count in the Copa Del Rey?

They do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Take a look at the player of the year market

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-player-of-the-year

Edit: nm was a big arb there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Sochaux vs Troyes tomorrow, any thoughts? I'm thinking Sochaux could be good value??

Also, what about St. Etienne vs Lille? Lille have nice odds for that, wondering if they're a good shout?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement