Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

tinodz wrote: »
    What is wrong with this?

Why is the price so big (3.10)?

Are Leverkussen sending out reserves?

Bookies are up to something :/

took them @ -1 also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The odds on Milan are shortening like mad for the derby next Sunday. Worth looking into imo.

Posted this last Monday when the odds on Milan were 19/10. They're now as low as Evens :eek:

Balotelli wincast enhanced to 3/1 on Paddypower as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Ajax losing 1-0 at home thats bizarre I'll know next time not to touch any teams that had played midweek european matches:mad:

They're all as bad as each other for the European hangover!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone want to offer me advice here on a bet for my 10 quid challange?

Looking at the Bradford/Swansea game and trying to decide on either...

Swansea Over 4 corners 1/8
    Swansea Over 1 Corner in first half 1/8
    Bradford Over 1 corner 1/7

I'd imagine any of the three would come in, but I'm not 100% sure on how either team do on corners so thought I'd ask on here.

EDIT: Gone Swansea Over 4 at 1/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Wincast Michu and Swansea 4.10

What? There's nowhere giving that price? Or even close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Austria! wrote: »
    What? There's nowhere giving that price? Or even close to it.

6/4 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

SWANSEA: Tremmel, Rangel, Ki, Williams (c), Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Routledge, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu

Michu wincast 6/4

First Goal after 24th minute 10/11 PP

I actually did post that just before the goal :pac:

Quickest bet I've ever won (or set to win)

Never count your eggs yada yada... :o

Anyone up to speed with Belgian league? Liege look a good bet at 5/6 home to Genk who only played on Thursday night. Genk are poor on the road despite their high position in the league. Gonna play it safe and back then dnb 1/3 with Swansea 4/9
    http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/24/belgium/pro-league/standard-de-liege/krc-genk/1289944/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Both premier league games over 2.5 goals - looked at this during the week and both look good , on my phone so no proper write up :(
    How in gods name did this not come in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Another poor day for me in the soccer anyway,Can't pick a winner to save me life right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Greuther Fürth vs. Bayer Leverkusen

The home team have called up a few of the Greuther Fürth 11 squad to start, esp the attack.

Leverkusen are pretty much full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

brilou23 wrote: »
    been on bad run late so hopin cardiff at 5/4 turn it around they have won 4/5 on the road lately and the other was a draw @ huddersfield really fancy them to beat a woeful wolves team today
    tbf a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Done race to 7 corners Swansea at 4/9. 1 up already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

mike65 wrote: »
    Greuther Fürth vs. Bayer Leverkusen

The home team have called up a few of the Greuther Fürth 11 squad to start, esp the attack.

Leverkusen are pretty much full strength.

I don't know German football at home, but the 1.8 for Bayern is all wrong. Furth have lost all but 3 of their home games, and Bayern are 3rd. Can anyone explain that pricing?

Austria! wrote: »
    I don't know German football at home, but the 1.8 for Bayern is all wrong. Furth have lost all but 3 of their home games, and Bayern are 3rd. Can anyone explain that pricing?

Will have a small bet on Bayern. Away form is far from convincing though and they only played on Thursay night in Benfica

Beyer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mike65 wrote: »
    Beyer!

Bayer;)

• Advertisement

Bah-er! :eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Falcao and athletico at 5/6
    Any reason not to back this???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Falcao and athletico at 5/6
    Any reason not to back this???

Erm..... Espanyol's 5 and a draw wins in the last 6 matches maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

seanhynes wrote: »
    -1 Leverkussen in with a good shout great price on the win aswell
    inforfun wrote: »
    AZ -NAC.
    Anything can happen there but what 1 bet i fancy here is the corners over 11 (normal @2.05/Asian 1.95)
    AZ's home matches average over 14 corners.
    Followed you on that. Will at least keep me even if the Bayer match doesn't come off. Cheers! :D

Make or break for Feyenoord after last weeks loss vs Zwolle.

First why i think Feyenoord will not lose this one.

Since i am a fan, i dont bet on Feyenoord results but i do have Pelle to score 2 or more @5

Also have Pelle to score any time, doubled with Malki any time (1.9/2.62)

Malki keeps getting nice odds Roda are in rather good form (for a team in their league position)since the winterbreak. No losses (w1, D4) Malki scoring 3 in those 5 matches.

Ajax could see a tough match coming up vs ADO today, after 120 minutes and penalties against Steaua on thursday.
    But the way ADO rolled over vs PSV a couple of weeks ago i stay clear from this one.

Last match of the day, AZ -NAC.
    Anything can happen there but what 1 bet i fancy here is the corners over 11 (normal @2.05/Asian 1.95)
    AZ's home matches average over 14 corners.

Feyenoord indeed didnt lose :D
    They were @8 at HT while being the better team in the 1st half.

Pelle scored 1.

Malki/Roda bet was screwed after 10 minutes when some idiot got red and a penalty against.

Ajax indeed had a hard time. Too bad they are out of Europe now. Can not see enough points dropped by them

And the corners delivered at AZ.
    Exactly 14 corners in the match as is their average.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Followed you on that. Will at least keep me even if the Bayer match doesn't come off. Cheers! :D

14 in total. Think their were only 5 after 30 minutes.
    Double dipped on it myself before the match over 11 Asian and over 13 alternative total.
    Good to see a ref letting the last corner taken before blowing the whistle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Anyone know what the odds were pre-game for 5 - 0 Swansea win?
    I had a dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Erm..... Espanyol's 5 and a draw wins in the last 6 matches maybe?

They are in great form but that is mostly at home. Apart from their admittedly impressive 4-0 win away to Bilbao a couple of weeks ago, they haven't won away from home since November, and much longer before that. And of course Atletico are in incredible form at home, haven't conceded there in the league since October and a 100% record at home this season.

I wouldn't go mad on it but 5/6 is a great price imo for a Falcao wincast at home to a team in the bottom half.

shrewdness wrote: »
    They are in great form but that is mostly at home. Apart from their admittedly impressive 4-0 win away to Bilbao a couple of weeks ago, they haven't won away from home since November, and much longer before that. And of course Atletico are in incredible form at home, haven't conceded there in the league since October and a 100% record at home this season.

I wouldn't go mad on it but 5/6 is a great price imo for a Falcao wincast at home to a team in the bottom half.
    Well, i know al lthat but he asked for a reason not to do it.
    And the only one i could think of, is what i posted.

Also, dont forget that Atletico played 3 days ago at Rubin Kazan at sub-zero temperatures.
    So, there is another reason :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Man City v Chelsea
    By the time of kick-off Man City could be 15 points behind Utd so only a win will do. City are set to welcome back Kompany and with Yaya Toure back too they will be something like full strength. Most importantly there strikers got amongst the goals in their win over Leeds in the FA cup with Aguero in particular looking very sharp.
    It's Aguero I am looking to for some value in this game. It has been an extremely disappointing second campaign from the talented Argentine. He has only managed 9 league goals all season, and was criticized publicly by Mancini, along with the other strikers, in the wake of their 2-2 draw with Liverpool. However he should be full of confidence for this game after finding the net twice against Leeds.
    Man City's recent record is very good against Chelsea. They have won this fixture the last 3 times at the Etihad. Chelsea had a game against Sparta on Thursday and key men like Mata, Cahill, Terry and Ramires had to play the full 90mins so the Man City team should be fresher. It's basically win or bust for Man City here so for that reason and with a fully fit squad I'm backing Man City to win.
    Man City to win 10/11
    Aguero 1st GS 9/2

Bradford v Swansea
    Don't know a lot about Bradford but there is a huge gulf between these sides. Bradford only hope is from set pieces. They won't see enough of the ball though. Swansea are an outstanding side and I expect them to win this comfortably.
    I think Michu to score 2 or more goals is generous at 10/3. He's the focal point of the team and has scored quite a few braces this season (against QPR twice in the league, Arsenal, Norwich)
    When Swansea win games they usually win them by a couple of goals as they pass you to death. Of their 9 league wins 6 have been by at least a 2 goal margin. They also managed to cover the -1 handicap in games at Anfield and Stamford Bridge in this competition. Taking into account the standard of opposition they are facing at the weekend I think Swansea -1 at 10/11 is a great price.
    Swansea -1 10/11
    Michu to score 2 or more 10/3

:D:D:D:D:D wow very nice double, pity michu couldn't get a second. My winning run continuess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement