Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 3.5 in Dinamo Zagreb vs Chernomorets Odessa
    Under 3.5 in Sheriff Tiraspol vs Anzhi
    Tottenham to win
    @ 1.65

Boooom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Valencia to win and BTTS was popular with my mates. I decided to go for Swansea 9/1.

Happy out Swansea 3-0. He he he, really happy. 100 euro coming my way. My mates are losers and I am the king! :)

Oh wait........Swansea win and BTTS
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

carraig2 wrote: »
    Valencia to win and BTTS was popular with my mates. I decided to go for Swansea 9/1.

Happy out Swansea 3-0. He he he, really happy. 100 euro coming my way. My mates are losers and I am the king! :)

Oh wait........Swansea win and BTTS
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

That's great so happy for you. Maybe share the bet before kick off next time though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Shane St. wrote: »
    That's great so happy for you. Maybe share the bet before kick off next time though!

Eh.... maybe I was not clear. I lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'm taking Dundalk and Napoli Draw no bet as singles and a nano nibble on this 4 fold.

1. 20-Sep-13 Soccer/Irish (1X2) St Patricks Athletic vs Dundalk for Game ( 3.960)
    2. 22-Sep-13 Soccer/French 1 (1X2) Paris Saint Germain vs AS Monaco for Game ( 5.170)
    3. 22-Sep-13 Soccer/La Liga (1X2) Valencia vs Sevilla for Game
    ( 4.220)
    4. 22-Sep-13 Soccer/Serie A (1X2) AC Milan vs Napoli for Game
    ( 2.770)

@239.321

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

For the less adventurous here, over 1.5 goals for Fiorentina looks decent at 4/9 looks pretty good to me.

Pacos Ferreira have conceded 15 goals in their 6 games so far this year. In 3/4 games away from home they have conceded 2 or more, and the only game they didn't was a 1-0 loss to Olhanense (their only win so far this year, having finished one place outside of relegation last year).

Fiorentina on the other hand have scored 10 in 5 games. 5 came against Genoa, they have been a bit incosistent only scoring 2 at home in 1/3 games but this Pacos Ferreira team looks so bad I'll be very disappointed if this doesn't come in.

Well this won. But unfortunately Zulte let me down for what was almost an incredible night...but turned out with a loss. Don;t get how this keeps happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

21 Sep 12:45 Norwich v Aston Villa

C Benteke anytime 6/4
    The big Belgian found the net in 2 of his 3 meetings against Norwich last season. He has started this season in impressive fashion and the leading Premier League scorer of 2013 will be eager to add to his four league goals already this season.

Opta stats:
    Norwich City have won just one of the last 11 meetings in all competitions with Aston Villa (W1 D5 L5).
    Christian Benteke scored in two of his three meetings in all competitions with Norwich last season.
    Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored three goals in four Barclays Premier League appearances against Norwich, including a brace in his last appearance versus them in May.

21 Sep 15:00 Liverpool v Southampton

Liverpool to be winning at half time evens
    It's been clear to anyone watching Liverpool this season that they have been far superior in the first half of games. Whether it's down to fitness or whatever the facts are in all four premier league games there has been a marked slump in their second half performances which has led to them hanging on in certain games (see Stoke at Anfield).
    The even money quotes for Liverpool to be winning at half time should be snapped up in my opinion. I expect them to start fast again and this bet has collected in all four league games.

Sturridge anytime goalscorer evens
    Quite simply the even money price has to be taken on a player who has scored in every appearance this season (4 from 4 in the league along with his 2 goals in his one league cup appearance).

Opta stats:
    Daniel Sturridge is the first player in Liverpool's Premier League history to score in the team's opening four games of the season.
    Southampton have won four of the last six Barclays Premier League games against Liverpool, but the Reds have won the last two at Anfield by a 1-0 scoreline.
    In the last five Premier League meetings between the Saints and Liverpool, the Merseysiders have scored three goals, all between the 43rd and 45th minutes.

21 Sep 17:30 Chelsea v Fulham

Under 2.5 goals 5/4

The second coming hasn't gone to script thus far. Chelsea are winless in four, since an unjust win over Villa at the Bridge and got their European campaign of to a disastrous start in midweek losing to the unfancied Basle. A large part of Chelsea's problem is up front. In my opinion they lack true quality up front to mount a credible title challenge. The failure to lure Wayne Rooney to Stamford Bridge has been well documented and Samuel Eto'o looks ring rusty after spending a couple of years in Russia.
    They created plenty of chances last time out against Everton but they weren't able to find the net. I expect them to find a way to win this game but it won't be easy with their current profligacy up front. Indeed the unders have come in for 6 of the last 7 meetings between these sides.

Opta stats:
    Chelsea have won seven and lost none of the last 14 Barclays Premier League derbies with Fulham.
    Fulham have conceded more corners than any other Barclays Premier League side so far this season (32).
    If goals from strikers were excluded this season then Chelsea would be top of the table.
    Jose Mourinho has never lost a Premier League home game (W48 D14).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Mainz - Leverkusen
    Mainz Double Chance, 1.8 Bet365, Leverkusen have only beaten Mainz once in last 4 away meetings and will still be a suffering from their European loss at ManU. Mainz have only lost once this season at home and will be well rested for this match.

Wolfsburg – Hoffenheim
    Previous 6/8 home Wolfsburg games have been Over 2.5, previous 8/8 away Hoff games have been overs too. Price isn't great, best is 1.57 on TempoBet, but Pinnacle have Over 3 at 1.91.

Newcastle Utd - Hull City

Newcastle will be looking to keep the ball rolling after beating Fulham at home and VIlla away. Hull need a win too, both teams will be desperate for 3 points, neither will want a draw.

Newcastle 1.85 Bet365, Overs 2.15 Pinnacle

West Brom - Sunderland

Both teams have had dire starts to the season, both need to win to ease the pressure on themselves and their managers. Sunderland looked good against Arsenal last week and were unlucky not have a goal disallowed to draw level. Like the Newcastle match, both will not want to settle for a draw so I'm predicting goals.
    Overs, 2.11 on Pinnacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mad 80/1 accu

English League 1 Matches Shrewsbury v Wolves
    Exactly 2 or 3 @ 2.00

IFA Premiership Matches Dungannon v Ards
    Dungannon @ 1.61

German Regional Northeast Lokomotive Leipzig v Union Berlin II
    Union Berlin II @ 1.83

Northern Premier League Stafford Rangers v FC United of Manchester
    FC United of Manchester @ 1.66

English League 2 Matches Wycombe v York
    Draw No Bet
    Wycombe @ 1.44

Scottish Premiership Matches Hibernian v St Mirren
    Draw No Bet
    Hibernian @ 1.50

Spanish La Liga Matches Valladolid v Atletico Madrid
    Atletico Madrid @ 1.66

League of Ireland Division 1 Matches Salthill Devon v Athlone Town
    Athlone Town @ 1.36

English League 1 Matches Peterborough v MK Dons
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

some singels,doubles and a accum
    Southampton win 6/1 - Liverpool have to be found out sometime
    Sturridge anytime evs - he is on fire and was hungry for the ball and took up great positions and runs against Swansea,
    Lambert anytime 3/1 - Im old fashioned he reminds me of 80s centre forwards, skillful yet tough, and think he will be fighting for the plane for Rio so will want to score as often as possible
    Munster (-4) 10/11 (playing away in Italy, they won there last Friday and have stayed in Italy for the week on a training camp so will be well prepared)
    Yeovil unders - strong well organised team punching above their weight in Championship , just like them cos of their Irish connections
    Crawley btts - they just seem to be lots of goals in their games
    Watford overs - free flowing team managed by Zola, you score 2 we will score 3
    Everton win - after watching the documentary last night of Swanse rise from Div4 > Premiership and the part Martinez played, I would really rate him, Everton for top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Ben Arfa anytime @3.4 is a good price imo.Scored in each of his last two games and has been Newcastle's best player.Average's more shot's per game than any other player in the side.Hull are an organised outfit so it could be a bit of magic that win's this game and Ben Arfa's one that has that in his Hat(em).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bultip

Saint-Etienne - Toulouse

21:30

Saint-Etienne play with Toulouse in match from the sixth round of Ligue 1. The hosts started the new season in the French championship strong and have registered 4 wins and 1 loss in their 5 matches so far. The start of the campaign for the visitors wasn’t so successful – Toulouse is with 3 draws and 2 losses in their 5 games in Ligue 1. I think that the hosts will win the three points. Saint-Etienne already has registered 2 wins at home in the French championship this season and my opinion is that now they will achieve another victory.

Prediction: 1 @1.83 Bet365

Bultip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Glenavon v Cliftonville
    Over 2.5 goals 8/13
    This looks nailed on for overs both teams has seen 6 of their 7 league games overs landed.

Celta Vigo v Villarreal
    Over 2.5 goals 10/11
    Celta Vigo 3 of their 4 league games has seen overs while all 4 of Villarreal league games has seen overs.

magherakid wrote: »
    Cheers hope he starts tonight, will take Eriksen wincast 2/1

sums up my luck last night Eriksen didn't start but came on and score

After watching Milan against Celtic, you would fancy Napoli to beat them

West Brom v Sunderland

Watch out to see if Anelka 7/4 anytime and Fletcher 9/4 anytime start tomorrow

Nicolas Anelka has scored seven goals in 10 Barclays Premier League appearances against Sunderland

Steven Fletcher has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

West Brom v Sunderland

l
    Nicolas Anelka has scored seven goals in 10 Barclays Premier League appearances against Sunderland

Steven Fletcher has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against West Brom
    Another one to look out for mag in that game is Sessengnon anytime @ 11/5 (bet365). Should make his debut for WBA against his former club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Another vote here for Napoli on Sunday. I fancy them to get the win here.They went to slight favourites today. When looking at the previous stats on this match I noticed a huge amount of cards being shown.

Last three H2H meetings were draws, but cards galore.

Starting with most recent H2H meeting

7 yellow 1 red
    5 yellow
    7 yellow 1 red
    7 yellow
    4 yellow
    7 yellow 1 red

I have been checking but the cards market are not up yet.

Not sure if AC will take it easy and avoid cards considering the injury crisis or if they will get frustrated by a high flying Napoli and starting getting cards.

As I say I don't usually back this market so interested to hear what card backers think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Bultip wrote: »
    Saint-Etienne - Toulouse

21:30

Saint-Etienne play with Toulouse in match from the sixth round of Ligue 1. The hosts started the new season in the French championship strong and have registered 4 wins and 1 loss in their 5 matches so far. The start of the campaign for the visitors wasn’t so successful – Toulouse is with 3 draws and 2 losses in their 5 games in Ligue 1. I think that the hosts will win the three points. Saint-Etienne already has registered 2 wins at home in the French championship this season and my opinion is that now they will achieve another victory.

Prediction: 1 @1.83 Bet365

Bultip.com

Better fade..and it will be a winner..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

On Dundalk DnB at 7/4 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at Liverpool tomorrow and IF Jordan Henderson lines up in the No.10 role as it is being mooted he looks a massive price at 4/1 anytime with PP

He could be bigger elsewhere,scored a few towards the end of last season in around that postion and with Coutinho absent he may well get the nod there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Gladbach/St Etienne double

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

After watching Milan against Celtic, you would fancy Napoli to beat them

West Brom v Sunderland

Anelka's surely due a goal.I like Sunderland dnb@2.95 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Page 666 :p i wont log a bet on this page lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Few bets worth a look at for the weekend imo at decent prices..

Moses anytime scorer @ 11/4 (bet365): Scored on his debut against Swansea and could have added another to that with a few other shots. With Coutinho absent I wouldn't be surprised to see BR deploy him closer to Sturridge. Southampton aren't letting in too much but if Liverpool score a couple goals, Moses should be in with a great shout for scoring.

Sessegnon anytime scorer @ 11/5 (bet365): Bit of a novelty one as Sessegnon will make his debut (after getting his wp sorted) against the team that sold him. Alright hes lacking match sharpness but hes a good no 10 and WBA should score a couple against this terrible Sunderland defence.

And my main bet for the wkend..

Ozil anytime assist @ 9/4 (boyles): The lad is quality. Another home debut player up against Stoke who are there for the taking if they try to play ball with Arsenal who are flying with confidence atm. So Arsenal wont be lacking with chances/goals in this. Ozil could score too but for player who averages 20 assists per season thats the best bet from this one Id say..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

shocksy wrote: »
    Page 666 :p i wont log a bet on this page lol :pac:

Have to close this at 10.000 posts anyway.

So this one is now locked

New thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement