Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Just gone 1 down.

I know haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

ok, im looking at a big one here.....

madrid over 3 corners 1/2
    +
    oldham over 2 corners 4/9
    =
    jst a shade under 6/5
    @1.167/1

any thoughts lads...could be the big one!! can see oldham having to chase their game game against everton who should start brightly as for real madrid well surely they can get 4 corners

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hotch

Cork City vs. Crusaders.
    Cork City to win @1.61.

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid.
    Real Madrid +2 @1.40.

Both to win @2.26.

Taking Cork City for the reasons already outlined in the thread. Madrid bet is dependent on the starting XI's but Real Madrid have not lost by more than 1 goal in their last 7 meetings with Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

have to say that bet on madrid over 3 corners is pretty interesting

they have to come out attacking and get away goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

French cup games

Double of Nancy and Lens @ 2.11

Minguettes Venissieux (5th division) vs Nancy:
    Venissieux have made it through 4 rounds in the cup - all 4 games won on penalties! From what I read, Venissieux were outplayed in all those games but they defended well and their GK seems to be quite good at saving penalties. Venissieux are an amateur team and the 4 teams they knocked out are also amateur ones, Venissieux have a 40-year-old defender... Nancy may be bottom of Ligue 1 but there's still a big difference in class between the two teams.
    Also, this game won't be played at Venissieux's tiny stadium but at the Lyon rugby team stadium, which is a bigger stadium with a bigger pitch - something Venissieux are not used to.

Lens (2nd division) vs Epinal (3rd division):
    Epinal have knocked out Lyon and Nantes (2nd in Ligue 2) BUT they played those 2 games at home where they rarely lose and Nantes used a weakened team. Epinal's away record is awful and they're 19th in their league.
    Lens play the best football in Ligue 2 but some of their players just suck so it doesn't always pay off. They're pretty much out of the race for promotion now so they can focus on the cup. They have the largest fan base in Ligue 2 and there should be a great atmosphere in this game.
    Again, it's pros vs amateurs as Epinal are an amateur team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Got on city last night and they have drifted from 10/11 to 8/13 for the win and from 2/1 to 7/5 fot ht/ft - hopefully a good sign. Also on Barca to score 3 or more at 7/5

Should make for an interesting night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Come on Cork!

Being in college here I wish I had a chance to go some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »

Madrid over 4.5 corners 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

Headshot wrote: »

not only that...well they're hardly an defense minded team....imagine telling mr. ronaldo to be defensive!! :D

the issue is more with oldham.

also there is a further bet...that previous bet is with pp

if you increase the corners for each madrid & oldham by one (ie over 4 for RM & 3 for oldham) you can get evens for each giving 3/1.

my advice would do the first bet and do the second bet with the hope of the first bet being your insurance. well fingers crossed anyway!!

Cork v Crusaders teams are in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barca team
    Pinto - Alves, Pique, Puyol, Alba - Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas - Pedro, Messi, Iniesta.

Real Madrid team v Barca: Diego López - Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao -Khedira, Xabi Alonso - Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo - Higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Hopefully this is a good night for Gamble Boards... everone and thier dog is on the Cork game.

El Clasico got nothing on this :p

Burnley v Huddersfield
    Charlie Austin anytime 1/1 he's due a goal

Trying a bit on Half With Most Goals (Second Half) @ Evens for the El Clascio. Both teams showed a tendency to score later in the Copa Del Rey this year (much different than what happens in the League).

NTDxeLx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Treble of Cork, Grimsby and Rotherham dnb
    Small stake on a mad accum of Everton -1, Bolton, Swindon, Sheff Utd, MK Dons, Bournmouth, Leicester 30/1

Late late goals make my main bet come in

tinodz wrote: »
    Trying a bit on Half With Most Goals (Second Half) @ Evens for the El Clascio. Both teams showed a tendency to score later in the Copa Del Rey this year (much different than what happens in the League).

NTDxeLx.png

This is a winner, along with a 2/1 in-play bet!

Good night :)

Hotch wrote: »
    Cork City vs. Crusaders.
    Cork City to win @1.61.

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid.
    Real Madrid +2 @1.40.

Both to win @2.26.

Taking Cork City for the reasons already outlined in the thread. Madrid bet is dependent on the starting XI's but Real Madrid have not lost by more than 1 goal in their last 7 meetings with Barcelona.

Winner!

Cork City left it late but Real Madrid won much more comfortably than I had expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Big sweat on City, should of had 2 up front from the start!

Still alive anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nancy -1 @ 2.20
    Venissieux not to score @ 1.78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

the AFC club championship returns again..

tmoro morning...central coast mariners AUS vs Suwon samsung Korea

the Australian team are missing 2 key defenders including their captain...as one is exhausted from the busy schedule and the other having a doubtful groin injury....nevertheless CCC have been cruising in the A-league...and they are leading the table nicely...

this the 1st official game for the Korean team in 2013 as the league hasn't started yet..

the Australian team is the favorite..with a generous odds of 11/10.....though still risky because of the missings and the exhaustion factor,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

What do people think of this double in the German cup tomorrow night?

Bayern
    Stuttgart
    Both to Win.

1.31/1

I'm guessing bayern may rest players in a cup game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

mossy464 wrote: »

Bayern
    Stuttgart
    Both to Win.

1.31/1

Well, bayern "rested" players against Werder this weekend. Mandzukic and Muller were replaced by Robben and Gomez.
    And i really dont think Bayern will let the chance go to kick Dortmund out of the cup.
    If they are going to rest players, it will be in the league with the immense lead they are having.

mossy464 wrote: »

Bayern
    Stuttgart
    Both to Win.

1.31/1

Why would they rest players? This is a big game against BVB. If they need to rest players they can always use the league because they have that in the bag already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bayern also know they're as good as through in the CL, Dortmund on the other hand might have the Shakhtar game playing on their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Nancy -1 @ 2.20
    Venissieux not to score @ 1.78

Ill be taking similar Nancy (-1) @ 11/8 PP and Nancy to win to nil @ 5/4 PP - Thanks Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Hotch wrote: »
    Why would they rest players? This is a big game against BVB. If they need to rest players they can always use the league because they have that in the bag already.

I was just thinking like the FA cup and how teams rest players for that but considering Bayern's position in the league and CL it makes more sense that they will put out a strong team.

Now, for Stuttgart. Will do a bit of research into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

VfB Stuttgart have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 matches in DFB Pokal.
    VfB Stuttgart win/win (HT/FT)Bet now: 1.91

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

I think 3/1 on pp for celtic bayern and chelsea. Hate backin against middlesboro been a fan but missing to many players and playin terrible can see us getting hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Infor what are your thoughts on ajax v az tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

mrdmb wrote: »
    the AFC club championship returns again..

tmoro morning...central coast mariners AUS vs Suwon samsung Korea

the Australian team are missing 2 key defenders including their captain...as one is exhausted from the busy schedule and the other having a doubtful groin injury....nevertheless CCC have been cruising in the A-league...and they are leading the table nicely...

this the 1st official game for the Korean team in 2013 as the league hasn't started yet..

the Australian team is the favorite..with a generous odds of 11/10.....though still risky because of the missings and the exhaustion factor,,

CCM missed peno 2 mins from time was a killer.

I've had a look thru last years competition, looking for patterns or teams to watch. Last years beaten finalists Al Ahli Riyadh play Al Gharrafa @ 5.30 this evening. Al Ahli's march to the final was due in a large part to their unstoppable home form, winning all but 1 of their matches (drew it). All their matches to the final were against other gulf states. They covered -1 handicap in all these matches other than the drawn game. Bet for this evening Al Ahli -1 @ 7/5, and if I can find a goalscorer market Victor Simoes. Ta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement