Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Infor what are your thoughts on ajax v az tonight?

I have this niggling feeling we might see 1 or even 2 upsets tonight in the Dutch cup.
    AZ is not having the best of seasons but usually make life hard for Ajax.
    Also, it will be Ajax' 3rd match in 6 days. (Steaua 120 minutes, ADO chasing the game for 90)

Both teams had to go deep last Sunday though. But AZ is known for thei high fitness level.

Zwolle could upset PSV as well tonight, wouldnt surprise me at all.
    Lens is suspended for the next 4 matches for instigating a fight after Feyenoord - PSV so he will not be there.
    Zwolle is playing good football all season already and lately getting the results to go with it, wins at PSV and at home against Feyenoord.

Everybody reckons it will be PSV - Ajax for the final but... Zwolle - AZ is really possible.

All 4 teams to score is what i ll start with. Possible ****e odds though

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good point on the possibility of ajax being tired. I didn't think of that. I'm think of going for corners in the game

Good point on the possibility of ajax being tired. I didn't think of that. I'm think of going for corners in the game

AZ at home are funny: 14 per game on average. they keep going 1-0 down and have to chase.
    Ajax are not really corner kings. Will check for line ups once i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Reckon Dagenham and Redbridge worth a nice bet tonight @ 14/5. Bradford will probably be suffering from the Cup Final Hangover. They are both mid table and have very similar recent form. In the 9 previous meetings between the two amazingly Bradford have only won once whilst Dagenham have won all previous 6 games between the 2 including the double over Bradford in the league last season.

also like the look of this Long Shot Double 21/1 , Reckon worth a cheeky 5er

Motherwell to beat Celtic
    Dag and Red to beat Bradford

Away from home Celtic have been poor this year, they have the league wrapped up and can afford the occasional slip ups with no Rangers contending for top spot. Their last 5 away games were W2L2D1 . Motherwell can realistically get 2nd spot in the league and have a decent home record of late winning 5 from last 7.

Like the looks of these other bets tonight.

Chelsea win 4/9
    Chelsea -1 1/1
    Ajax Win 4/11
    PSG Win 4/7
    Bordeaux Win 4/9
    nancy Win 4/9
    Bayern Win 4/6
    BTTS Bayern Dortmund 8/13
    Over 2.5 Goals Ajax AZ 4/9

If it ends a draw. Does it go to extra time?

(ajax game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Higgytash wrote: »
    Reckon Dagenham and Redbridge worth a nice bet tonight @ 14/5. Bradford will probably be suffering from the Cup Final Hangover. They are both mid table and have very similar recent form. In the 9 previous meetings between the two amazingly Bradford have only won once whilst Dagenham have won all previous 6 games between the 2 including the double over Bradford in the league last season.

also like the look of this Long Shot Double 21/1 , Reckon worth a cheeky 5er

Motherwell to beat Celtic
    Dag and Red to beat Bradford

Away from home Celtic have been poor this year, they have the league wrapped up and can afford the occasional slip ups with no Rangers contending for top spot. Their last 5 away games were W2L2D1 . Motherwell can realistically get 2nd spot in the league and have a decent home record of late winning 5 from last 7.

Like the looks of these other bets tonight.

Chelsea win 4/9
    Chelsea -1 1/1
    Ajax Win 4/11
    PSG Win 4/7
    Bordeaux Win 4/9
    nancy Win 4/9
    Bayern Win 4/6
    BTTS Bayern Dortmund 8/13
    Over 2.5 Goals Ajax AZ 4/9

Was thinking the same about Bradford. Might go double chance on Dagenham and maybe Chelsea to double it up. Have Middlesboro a lot of injuries?

Nothing jumping out at me so a very small stake on Chelsea, Dagenham dc, Inverness dnb, Bayern and Chester 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Personally I think Dortmund and Marseille are worth backing tonight. Dortmund are a very good side and as good as Bayern are I think there are chinks in their armour that the pace of Reus and the ability of Goetze and Lewandowski can exploit.

With Marseille having played PSG last weekend its very tough to beat a team twice in three days and Marseille actually had a lot of possession in that game.

Another one that interests me is Athletico against Seville. I reckon Athletico can definitely hit Seville on the break tonight.

All three could be good shouts for a draw or backing Marseille, Dortmund and Athletico + the handicap.

If it ends a draw. Does it go to extra time?

(ajax game)
    It does indeed and to penalties if still a draw after 120 minutes.

Dutch cup for tonight fancies:

Total Price: 5.683
    17:45 Football / Netherlands / KNVB Beker / Semi Finals / Zwolle vs PSV Eindhoven / Total Goals (Zwolle) - Over 1 @ 2.22
    19:45 Football / Netherlands / KNVB Beker / Semi Finals / Ajax vs AZ Alkmaar / Total Goals (AZ Alkmaar) - Over 1 @ 2.56

This is on Marathonbet. As far as i know the only one that offers goal line for teams. Bet is void if they score 1 goal.

PSV without Matazv (sick) and Lens (suspended) will play 18 year old Locadia up front
    Zwolle might really be going to the final if they keep their nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Only bet of the night.

100 euro on Borrusia Dortmund at 15/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Gone for Mandzukic & Falcao to score pp enhanced special @ 7/2
    and a small stake on a Zwolle & Zalute Waregerm double

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only bet of the night.

100 euro on Borrusia Dortmund at 15/4

Reckon I'll follow, though may play safe and go DNB at 5/2. Not 100% sure yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

BREAKING: Mats Hummels has confirmed he won't be able to play for Dortmund tonight after picking up an injury

Not good news for Dortmund backer if true

Will wait for team news before I place a bet on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    Chelsea & over 2.5 goals 21/20

Double over 2.5 goals
    Inverness v Dundee Utd 4/7
    Bayern Munich v B Dortmund 13/20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Both teams to score and Borussia Dortmund to win 15/2. I'm on that...

Also going with Diego Costa to score anytime @ 11/5

Lovely was half tempted to do that corners bet in the ajax game but thanks to bet365 free bet once again :)

15 on over 11 corners in the ajax game, pity I wont beable to watch it

Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba - Martinez, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Kroos, Robben - Mandzukic

Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer - Bender, Gündogan - Götze, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Lovely was half tempted to do that corners bet in the ajax game but thanks to bet365 free bet once again :)

15 on over 11 corners in the ajax game, pity I wont beable to watch it
    What free bet is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cech; Ferreira, Ivanovic,Terry, Bertrand; Ramires, Ake; Moses, Oscar, Benayoun; Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Lampard, Hazard, Marin, Ba

Chelsea team tonight, think Boro is worth a few quid tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭markc91

shocksy wrote: »
    Both teams to score and Borussia Dortmund to win 15/2. I'm on that...

wheres that bet mate???

• Advertisement

Decided to follow on the idea of a Dortmund win. Gone with a Lewandowski wincast at 13/2.

First "crazy" bet I've done in a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cech; Ferreira, Ivanovic,Terry, Bertrand; Ramires, Ake; Moses, Oscar, Benayoun; Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Lampard, Hazard, Marin, Ba

Chelsea team tonight, think Boro is worth a few quid tbh
    Boro will be missing 5 or 6 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DoctaDee wrote: »

CCM missed peno 2 mins from time was a killer.

I've had a look thru last years competition, looking for patterns or teams to watch. Last years beaten finalists Al Ahli Riyadh play Al Gharrafa @ 5.30 this evening. Al Ahli's march to the final was due in a large part to their unstoppable home form, winning all but 1 of their matches (drew it). All their matches to the final were against other gulf states. They covered -1 handicap in all these matches other than the drawn game. Bet for this evening Al Ahli -1 @ 7/5, and if I can find a goalscorer market Victor Simoes. Ta
    Phew...covered the handicap in the 93rd min...worried? ..nah :D

Simoes bagged the 2nd goal too, but didnt have the goalscorer markets on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Come on NANCY!!!!!!!

Frustrating isnt the word.

shocksy wrote: »

Get in :D

6 minutes in, job done :)

markc91 wrote: »
    wheres that bet mate???

Only seen this message now mate, it was bet that PP had up on their screens in their shops....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Was thinking the same about Bradford. Might go double chance on Dagenham and maybe Chelsea to double it up. Have Middlesboro a lot of injuries?

Nothing jumping out at me so a very small stake on Chelsea, Dagenham dc, Inverness dnb, Bayern and Chester 11/1

Boom...pity it was only a small stake

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What free bet is this?

bet365 give loyal customers a free bet each week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

bet365 give loyal customers a free bet each week

news to me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Rafa Benitez In Charge Last Day Of Season No at 8/11 looks good with stanjames

Anyone got price Next Premier League Manager To Leave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement