Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, i know al lthat but he asked for a reason not to do it.
    And the only one i could think of, is what i posted.

Also, dont forget that Atletico played 3 days ago at Rubin Kazan at sub-zero temperatures.
    So, there is another reason :D

True there are definitely reasons not to back it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria! wrote: »
    I don't know German football at home, but the 1.8 for Bayern is all wrong. Furth have lost all but 3 of their home games, and Bayern are 3rd. Can anyone explain that pricing?

Bad loss for me and a shocking game too.
    Bradford would have beaten either of those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

wat do people think psg tonight looks tough game for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Put Bayer on an accum. Fooked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

French Clasico tonight!!

I doubt Ibra, Lucas, Lavezzi etc care about the huge rivalry between the two clubs, Marseille have more French players and even have some Marseille-born players in their team so this game means more to them.
    Thiago Silva and Sakho are out for PSG so the central defense will be Alex - Armand, not a very reliable defense if you ask me.

Small bet on Marseille to score a goal @ 1.78 ...small bet only cuz it's snowing in Paris right now.

PSG line up : http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Beckham-sur-le-banc-armand-d-entree/352813
    Marseille playing 4-4-1-1 with Gignac up front and Valbuena behind him, don't have a link, just saw it on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Backing 0-0 at HT in PSG Marseille at 15/8.
    Alot of psg games start slowly especially at home and Marseilles average time they concede 1st away from home is the 52nd min.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that's a pretty defensive lineup from Marseille then

Barton to get booked is probably a gimme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Btts in psg match 11/10 think be close match

Gone for Balo to score anytime @ a crap 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Milan derby btts and over 6.5 cards 1.99/1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

draw ht PSG ft and draw ht Milan ft double for me tonight - about 17/1 just for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Atletico Madrid v Espanyol
    A bet to maybe consider is Atletico Madrid to win to nil at 21/20
    They have won their last 7 home games to nil and Espanyol have failed to score in 3 of their last 5.
    EDIT: Actually probably not the best bet, Espanyol are the form team in Spain 16 pts from 18.

went with it after my double came in..... just can't lose at the moment :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »

They are in great form but that is mostly at home. Apart from their admittedly impressive 4-0 win away to Bilbao a couple of weeks ago, they haven't won away from home since November, and much longer before that. And of course Atletico are in incredible form at home, haven't conceded there in the league since October and a 100% record at home this season.

I wouldn't go mad on it but 5/6 is a great price imo for a Falcao wincast at home to a team in the bottom half.

More comfortable than the 1-0 scoreline suggests, Espanyol offered very little going forward, and despite being a man down Atletico were the better team in the second half and could have added another with a bit more composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Newcastle v Southampton - Southampton DC @ 7/10. Southampton just 3 defeats in 16 (remember they beat Man City last week too) and Newcastle coming off a tough European away game (minus Krul) - Newcastle have won just twice after mid week European games. Southampton are flying atm and with Ricky Lambert and Puncheon both flying i'll be taking the 7/10

Sorry for those who followed but the bet made sense - how the fuk did i know that a team that traveled over 3500 miles a few days earlier would finish the stronger:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

greenman09 wrote: »
    Put Bayer on an accum. Fooked already.

Same as myself, let me down for about 400 quid. Ahhh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

West Ham v Tottenham
    Monday night's Premier League clash sees an off form West Ham host a Spurs side unbeaten in their last 10 league games and still going strong in Europe. As stated West ham are struggling for form at the moment having lost 3 of their last 4. Looking closer at their home form and it is clear where their strength lies. They have picked up 22 of their 30 points at Upton Park.
    They have won 2 of their last 3 at home however, and have held Man City at home aswell as beating Chelsea earlier in the season. Spurs have drawn 2 of their last 3 on the road. With Jermain Defoe injured at the moment and Adebayor very ineffective this term, reflected in his disappointing total of just two league goals, the goalscoring burden is very much on Gareth Bale at the moment. To be fair he has responded to this increased goal scoring responsibility of late. He had scored Spurs' last 6 goals in all competitions before Moussa Dembele's late late strike in Lyon. That game in Lyon was the quietest I have seen him in a while and he was very ineffective. You wonder what effect the midweek game will have had, fatigue could come into it.
    The goals have dried up of late for Spurs (5 goals in last 5 league games as opposed to 10 in the previous 5 games). West Ham have only conceded more than one goal at home on 3 occasions (Incidentally these 3 games they lost) and kept a clean sheet against Swansea last time. West Ham have one of the tightest pitches in the league, and with Spur's strength primarily coming from the wings I can see this limiting Spurs' attacking play.
    West ham have scored in all but one of their home games, while Spurs have scored in all but one of their away games. I can see this game being 1-1.
    Under 2.5 goals 9/10 (6/8 unders has come in)
    Draw 12/5
    Bale anytime 7/5 (4 goals in his last 3 league games)
    Correct Score 1-1 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/25/turkey/super-lig/galatasaray-sk/orduspor/1327744/

Orduspor havent scored a goal in last 5 away games. Away to Gala tonight and evens to not score. Surely worth a few quid. And they havent scored more than one away from home since October 2011. Back them to score 1 goal at 6/4 and surely its a no brainer? Break even if they dont score and make profit if they score 1. Cry if they somehow score 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/25/turkey/super-lig/galatasaray-sk/orduspor/1327744/

Orduspor havent scored a goal in last 5 away games. Away to Gala tonight and evens to not score. Surely worth a few quid. And they havent scored more than one away from home since October 2011. Back them to score 1 goal at 6/4 and surely its a no brainer? Break even if they dont score and make profit if they score 1. Cry if they somehow score 2
    Based on the above, I'm gonna take Gala to win to nil & 7/5 with PP - small stake for a bit of interest as Gala don't keep too many clean sheets

I tend to stay clear of dodgy leagues like Italy and Turkey. Fener was the perfect example yesterday

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fener at home is easy though.
    They will go 1-0 behind, you lump on the race to 9 corners > profit

And i do pick a BTTS or over 2,5 from Turkey's top teams without hesitation.
    The likes of Mersin should be avoided indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Headshot wrote: »
    I tend to stay clear of dodgy leagues like Italy and Turkey. Fener was the perfect example yesterday

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    I dislike rolleyes reply
    If you have nothing constructive to say, don't post. If you haven't honestly think there isn't match fixing in those leagues, you are clueless. Italy one of the most corrupt countries in Europe (politics etc etc) , where they actually arrested Admir Suljic who is from the Asian match fixers who concentrated on Italian soccer since 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't even post. If you honestly think there isn't match fixing in those leagues, you are clueless. Italy one of the most corrupt countries in Europe (politics etc etc) , where they actually arrested Admir Suljic who is from the Asian match fixers who concentrated on Italian soccer since 2008

How was your last post constructive? I happen to support Milan so seeing you constantly saying that every game in Serie A is fixed when you lose a bet is incredibly tiresome and annoying.

Napoli lose to Bologna - FIX
    Lazio lose to Siena - FIX

Arsenal lose to Bradford, Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa, Liverpool lose to Oldham, Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle ... Awh that's football for you!

Just because your bet happens to lose in the Italian league does not mean the game is fixed so please stop saying it.

If you haven't honestly think there isn't match fixing in those leagues, you are clueless. I could say the same to you about the German and English leagues but I have no proof so I don't. Keep it to the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Lazio lose to Siena - FIX

Have had a couple of big bets in 2013, Sienna to beat Inter& Lazio were two of the biggest ones. :D:D No fix about them. And if you just studied the statistics on Siena's home games you could see they were great value in both of these games against two teams Lazio and Inter that struggle away from home, although Inter's struggles away only started in November.

sigh....letting the heart over rule the head.

I never did say every game is fixed but as awhole the league stinks. You could say its just football but when a league is known for its history of match fixing 2011 Italian football scandal and the 2006 match fixing. How can you not say those games are not fixed? My view is dont go near the league, why take the chance? I think I betted on one Italian game this season and that involved Naples, that was an error in judgement by me

You refer to the English games there, you do know some of them you expect would win and some of them were in the cup........ But your right how do I not know there isnt match fixing in them? There might be but do they have a history of match fixing? No. Its easy as that tbh. Im very confident to bet on the PL knowing its not as corrupt as Italy and Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

PP closed da shop for the late Argentina game River Plate/Tigre last night, was looking to jump on River Plate when they went a goal down - ended up winning 3-2. Sometimes you just get a "feel" for a game, dunno whether in the greater realm of things it's an apparent fix. But I suspect that when we're balancing the book, we have been the unwitting winners in as many "fixed" games as we've lost

DoctaDee wrote: »
    PP closed da shop for the late Argentina game River Plate/Tigre last night, was looking to jump on River Plate when they went a goal down - ended up winning 3-2. Sometimes you just get a "feel" for a game, dunno whether in the greater realm of things it's an apparent fix. But I suspect that when we're balancing the book, we have been the unwitting winners in as many "fixed" games as we've lost

I watched that match, unreal match. Very unlike Argentina soccer in general

Funny thing is one of the River Plate players head butted a Tigre player and got away with it and then awhile later the Tigre player that got head butted pushed another player and got sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

I dislike rolleyes reply
    If you have nothing constructive to say, don't post. If you haven't honestly think there isn't match fixing in those leagues, you are clueless. Italy one of the most corrupt countries in Europe (politics etc etc) , where they actually arrested Admir Suljic who is from the Asian match fixers who concentrated on Italian soccer since 2008

These days in Italy I would say that is almost entirely Serie B regarding results after the game was purged in recent years so I wouldn't have an issue at present with Serie A.

Regarding markets such as cards, time of first goal, ect you are taking a bigger risk than playing the win-draw-win market.

Aside from Juventus every other team has failed to win more than half their away matches this season which is quite common in leagues all over the world so I wouldn't be screaming about corruption if you choose to back the away team.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

West Ham v Tottenham

Exactly 2 or 3 Goals (Covers 7 correct scores)

Evens with Paddy Power and Bet365

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Saw a discussion on Dutch tv a few weeks ago after that Interpol report.
    The dodgy bets are 1st corner, 1st card and the likes. The ones that that need only1 players involvement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement