Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Backed over 3.5 goals in PSV v Feyenoord. 11/8 is the odds. Psv score a hell of a lot of goals, whilst feyenoord have the second top scorer in the eredivisie in Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Atletico Madrid v Espanyol
    A bet to maybe consider is Atletico Madrid to win to nil at 21/20
    They have won their last 7 home games to nil and Espanyol have failed to score in 3 of their last 5.
    EDIT: Actually probably not the best bet, Espanyol are the form team in Spain 16 pts from 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Balotelli to be booked has me interested

Iv requested odds, hopefully this time I get what I want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Wells Anytime @ 3/1 (Swansea vs Bradford) seems a good price to me.

Bradford have scored 11 goals on their League Cup campaign, with Wells been the Top Scorer (3). He is also the Top Scorer for the team in the league this season (14). That also puts him in the Top 5 overall in League 2 this season

Swansea are rock solid at the back though, and have only conceded 4 goals in 6 League Cup games. They are also strong in defense in the Premiership - as everyone knows. However, they have let in goals from teams that are comparable to Bradford in thier Leauge Cup run (Barnsley (1), Crawley Town (2)). They have also let in some goals from bottom of the Premiership table temas over the course of the season - QPR (1), Newcastle (1), Southampton (1), Wigan (1). Villa (2), Norwich (4).

I feel the "less fancy" teams that play a more aggressive style have a good chance against a team like Swansea, and with Wells been the overall Top Scorer for Bradford, who are used to playing more aggressive in the lower leagues, I will be putting a bit on him to score today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Make or break for Feyenoord after last weeks loss vs Zwolle.

First why i think Feyenoord will not lose this one.
    PSV really doesnt like going to Rotterdam
    H2H in Rotterdam: P71 HW34 D25 AW12
    Also Feyenoord has currently the 3rd best undefeated home results after Porto and Barca in the more serious leagues.

Feyenoord will be able to field their strongest 11, no injuries or suspensions
    PSV Will be without Van Bommel and Hutchinson, both suspended.
    Bit of a double problem for them since Hutchinson was usually Van Bommels replacement in midfield.
    They now face the fact that they have no right back after they got rid of Manolev.

Since i am a fan, i dont bet on Feyenoord results but i do have Pelle to score 2 or more @5

Also have Pelle to score any time, doubled with Malki any time (1.9/2.62)

Malki keeps getting nice odds Roda are in rather good form (for a team in their league position)since the winterbreak. No losses (w1, D4) Malki scoring 3 in those 5 matches.

Ajax could see a tough match coming up vs ADO today, after 120 minutes and penalties against Steaua on thursday.
    But the way ADO rolled over vs PSV a couple of weeks ago i stay clear from this one.

Last match of the day, AZ -NAC.
    Anything can happen there but what 1 bet i fancy here is the corners over 11 (normal @2.05/Asian 1.95)
    AZ's home matches average over 14 corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Greuther Fürth v Bayer Leverkusen
    Greuther Fürth: Ndoye (0/0 g), Hefele (1/0 d), Nehrig (19/1 d), Schmidtgal (16/0 d), Stieber (15/3 m), Tyrala (1/0 m), Varga (3/0 m), Fall (2/0 f)
    Bayer Leverkusen: Bellarabi (8/0 m)
    pick 2

Feyenoord v PSV Eindhoven
    Feyenoord: Kongolo (5/0 d)
    PSV Eindhoven: Narsingh (18/6 f), Pieters (1/0 d), Toivonen (7/3 f), van Bommel (18/2 m), Hutchinson (23/2 m)
    pick 1X

Parma FC v Calcio Catania
    Parma FC: Mariga (2/0 m), Santacroce (5/0 d), Galloppa (7/1 m) (doubtful)
    Calcio Catania: Sciacca (2/0 m), Capuano (10/0 d), Barrientos (22/4 m), Cani (0/0 f), Almiron (21/3 m), Biagianti (16/0 m)
    pick 1

Inter Milano v AC Milan
    Inter Milano: Ranocchia (22/2 d) (doubtful), Silvestre (6/0 d), Samuel (13/1 d), Obi (2/0 m), Castellazzi (2/0 g), Mudingayi (9/0 m), Milito (20/9 f), Pereira (17/1 d)
    AC Milan: Bonera (10/0 d), Flamini (9/0 m), Robinho (15/2 f) (all doubtful), De Jong (12/1 m)
    pick 2

Nacional Madeira v SC Olhanense
    Nacional Madeira: Skolnik (3/0 m)
    SC Olhanense: Yontcha (12/1 f), Luís Filipe (10/0 d), Nuno Piloto (9/1 m), Abdi (14/4 f), Fernando Alexandre (15/1 m)
    pick 1

Real Betis v Málaga CF
    Real Betis: Rubén Castro (21/12 f, top scorer), Pozuelo (10/1 m) (both doubtful), Vilarchao (1/0 m), Salva Sevilla (12/2 m), Rubén Pérez (18/0 m), Paulao (13/2 d)
    Málaga CF: Eliseu (21/1 m), Gámez (18/0 d) (doubtful)
    pick X2

St. Gallen v FC Luzern
    St. Gallen: Herzog (0/0 g), Cavusevic (13/4 f), Lehmann (0/0 f)
    FC Luzern: Lezcano (14/2 f), Sorgic (1/0 d), Urtic (0/0 d), Wüthrich (0/0 g), Zibung (20/0 first goalkeeper)
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Michu wincast @2.5 on William Hills seems cracking value to me. No explanation needed really?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

nice write up infor
    after reading that i've gone for this double
    feyen are unbeaten at home and roda are unbeaten in 8
    utrecht have won 5 from 11 at home which make the dc look
    like very good odds to me

Dutch Eredivisie FC Utrecht v Roda JC
    24-02-2013 13:30
    Double Chance
    Roda JC And Draw @ 11/10
    Dutch Eredivisie Feyenoord v PSV
    24-02-2013 11:30
    Draw No Bet
    Feyenoord @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Looking at the Arsenal Villa highlights I have to say I'll probably back Benteke at a good price if it comes along again.He might not have played to his usual standard but he didn't even get a half chance from any good delivery either,So I'd consider him a little bit unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

mike65 wrote: »
    2-1 FT I hope you took my advice.

i did and instead took barca -1 FML :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Football! :mad: :p

Re Greuther Fürth v Bayer Leverkusen their "strikers" have scored one league goal all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

-1 Leverkussen in with a good shout great price on the win aswell

mike65 wrote: »
    Football! :mad: :p

Re Greuther Fürth v Bayer Leverkusen their "strikers" have scored one league goal all season.

Wierd how their 16 games/0 goals striker has also played in a world cup final.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Celtic are playing Dundee (the bad Dundee team!) who are already doomed to relegation, at home. Obviously the win price is "unbackable" but they really ought to thump them.

Celtic starting XI to play Dundee: Forster; Ambrose, Rogne, Wilson, Izaguirre; McGeouch, Kayal, Ledley, Forrest; Stokes, Hooper (MH)

Corner handicap maybe?Dundee have lost by -5 8/14 of their away games,Celtic 7/14,But Celtic have covered it in 4 of their last 5 home games and earlier in the year at Celtic Park the score between the 2 sides was 8-0.

price is Evens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Man City are a great price I feel at evens. They are at home and really must win. Chelsea look a bit all over the place and scrope through a tough game in midweek.
    I cannot see beyond a City win - although they too have failings, they seem less than those of chelsea's.
    Aguero wincast for me at the very tempting price of 5/2.

As others have mentioned, Southampton are real value aswell 12/5 for the win and 4/6 dc - gone with a double of them and City for interest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have gone with Aguero anytime at 13/10

He's their only striker playing at the start of the game, so all avenues of attack should be via him. He's also presumably the penalty taker if they get one. I feel if City are going to score, it's going to be thanks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

seanhynes wrote: »
    -1 Leverkussen in with a good shout great price on the win aswell

What is wrong with this?

Why is the price so big (3.10)?

Are Leverkussen sending out reserves?

Bookies are up to something :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Anytime goalscorer double of Aguero/Michu, around 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea team v Man City: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba

Man City team v Chelsea: Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell, Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero

Southampton team v Newcastle: Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork, S Davis, Rodriguez, Lallana, Lambert

Newcastle team v Southampton: Elliott, Debuchy, Coloccini, S Taylor, Santon, Tiote, Gutierrez, Cabaye, Sissoko, Gouffran, Cisse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was going to bet on city but that lineup puts me way off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »
    I was going to bet on city but that lineup puts me way off

makes 2 of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

been on bad run late so hopin cardiff at 5/4 turn it around they have won 4/5 on the road lately and the other was a draw @ huddersfield really fancy them to beat a woeful wolves team today

bradlente wrote: »
    Corner handicap maybe?Dundee have lost by -5 8/14 of their away games,Celtic 7/14,But Celtic have covered it in 4 of their last 5 home games and earlier in the year at Celtic Park the score between the 2 sides was 8-0.

price is Evens.

Maybe not,4 nil to Dundee after 30 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Both premier league games over 2.5 goals - looked at this during the week and both look good , on my phone so no proper write up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Going to take Southampton +2 @ 4/9

Same thinking as the Schalke game. European hangover to set in for Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Nice timing. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Wincast Michu and Swansea 4.10

That was easy :D

• Advertisement

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Nice timing. :pac:

I actually did post that just before the goal :pac:

Quickest bet I've ever won (or set to win)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement