Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is any wonder Jeff Hardy gets caught under the influence a couple a times a year when wrestling promotors continue to let him do high risk dives and stupid ladder moves for them.

Yes it look great for the fans however it's not going to end well for Jeff in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Jerry Lawler 50th Anniversary show took place over the weekend, headlined by a Thunderdome Cage match pitting Lawler and the Rock 'N' Roll Express against the team of Doug Gilbert, Tommy Rich and Matt Riviera.

Don't know what surprised me more, the fact that Gilbert and Rich are still wrestling, or the fact that the six participants involved have a combined age of 348 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Love the Rock ( as does everyone) and we all know he’s an all time legend. While he seems like a pretty sound guy and I admire him for using his platform and status to endorse Biden/ Harris, I find a lot of his social media posts a bit grating. He seems like a genuine guy but his endless plugging Of his tequila and under armour stuff to a lesser extent is a bit in your face.

On a related note, it’s interesting how so many wrestlers won’t go beer anything political- with the exception of Rock, Zayn, Batista and maybe some others I’m not thinking of- WwE obviously have connections to the Trump administration, I wonder are they encouraged not to express political opinions via social media..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sirsok wrote: »
    My mate rang me saying did yiu hear about Eddie Guerrero and I said yeah he is apparently going to win the title off Batista, then he ultimately told me the news.

Only like two weeks later WWE held a raw event in Ireland with Eddie chants ringing around the o2.

I was there, still the only WWE show I've been to. Angle vs HBK was great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Love the Rock ( as does everyone) and we all know he’s an all time legend. While he seems like a pretty sound guy and I admire him for using his platform and status to endorse Biden/ Harris, I find a lot of his social media posts a bit grating. He seems like a genuine guy but his endless plugging Of his tequila and under armour stuff to a lesser extent is a bit in your face.

On a related note, it’s interesting how so many wrestlers won’t go beer anything political- with the exception of Rock, Zayn, Batista and maybe some others I’m not thinking of- WwE obviously have connections to the Trump administration, I wonder are they encouraged not to express political opinions via social media..

Well if you look under the rocks post on Biden you’ll see that most of the comments are from trumpers saying there no longer fans or how disappointed they are in him I’d say just to avoid that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TimesArrow wrote: »

"Republicans buy sneakers too."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Well if you look under the rocks post on Biden you’ll see that most of the comments are from trumpers saying there no longer fans or how disappointed they are in him I’d say just to avoid that

What The Rock did, it didn't sit well with Val Venis apparently, who accused The Rock of being X, Y, Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

And now all the Q Anon posts saying that the Rock was actually executed by military tribunal and the cabal are using his likeness to get Biden elected.

Oh and he also eats babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

I bet he was paid a ****load to come out in favour of Biden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

xtal191 wrote: »
    I bet he was paid a ****load to come out in favour of Biden

Nah I'd say its more he is eyeing up a role in the dems in 4-8 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,910 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vince was probably hard looking at Roman Reigns

Tbh great transformation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

When WrestleMania goes Hollywood next year they should still do movies parodies like they did with 21.

Anyone else find it strange when you see you see sky sports discuss tony khans comments my worlds colliding granted his Fulham looks to be one of the worst teams in a long time

https://youtu.be/VTea1WjJUws

I always feel Vince is missing a trick not hiring Bill Apter and have him doing a history of wrestling series with all the old footage mixed with his work for the Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Anyone else find it strange when you see you see sky sports discuss tony khans comments my worlds colliding granted his Fulham looks to be one of the worst teams in a long time

https://youtu.be/VTea1WjJUws

I'd say Carra and Keane's heads would explode if they heard about Khan's other business. :pac:

I'd say Carra and Keane's heads would explode if they heard about Khan's other business. :pac:

I need that to happen

Who does the voice overs for some of the WWE stuff ??

Mainly the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I need that to happen

Gary Lineker hates promoting WWE on BT.

The utter hatred he has is undeniable.

'Im told Summerslam is the biggest party of the summer......ok'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Gary Lineker hates promoting WWE on BT.

The utter hatred he has is undeniable.

'Im told Summerslam is the biggest party of the summer......ok'

You would think he would be professional. Fair enough he doesn't like wrestling or thinks it's a load of garbage. Perfectly fine. But he is a presenter and being tasked with promoting a product that BT has paid good money for.

Says the lines. Push the product. Do your job and cash your check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

You would think he would be professional. Fair enough he doesn't like wrestling or thinks it's a load of garbage. Perfectly fine. But he is a presenter and being tasked with promoting a product that BT has paid good money for.

Says the lines. Push the product. Do your job and cash your check.

To a normal human having to do WWE speak when it's an entirely alien concept, it's no wonder he finds it ludicrous. Delivering their verbiage with a straight face is a credit to Lineker if anything.

• Advertisement

reports saying
    Edge vs Orton for the wwe title iis planned for the Main Event of Mania 37 with Edge been the rumble winner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

PTH2009 wrote: »
    reports saying
    Edge vs Orton for the wwe title iis planned for the Main Event of Mania 37 with Edge been the rumble winner
    Sounds good. Orton has been killing it as a heel this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing Edge main event Wrestlemania. I don't think he's done that yet.

That means the feud isn't over..:(

I see Edge admitted that his recovery isn't going as well has he expected which to be honest at 47 that's to be expected especially as he hasn't been an active athlete for nearly a decade his body is going to react different at that age than it did when he was 27/237.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So tonight is the 15th anniversary of the return of Monday night raw to USA network and one of, if not the first ever three hour raw episodes which nowadays are standard. I’ve decided I’m going to watch this tonight to take my mind off the real world.

Edit: this raw has the great 30 minute iron man match between kurt angle and hbk.

Anyone watch 350 days ?

Some headers on it and you can see how much being on the road ****ed them up

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched that episode of raw for about an hour and a half and I’m convinced that kurt angle and Shawn Michaels are unable to have a bad wrestling match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On this week's Impact Heath mentioned Raw and Drew and said he was offered a deal after his appearance.
    Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Wonder what kind of deal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    On this week's Impact Heath mentioned Raw and Drew and said he was offered a deal after his appearance.
    Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Wonder what kind of deal

Haven't a clue but fair play to him if he did, not many would bank on Impact being their stepping stone to big things.....and I say that as someone who enjoys Impact immensely.

• Advertisement

Heath was trained by Mr Hughes now that is totally random for me.

Advertisement