Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Is There a what's app for people going for induction the 18th?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Is There a what's app for people going for induction the 18th?

Did u get an offer today?

Userdb wrote: »
    Did u get an offer today?

No two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MHNCN2019

Just got a call offering me the 18th because someone couldn’t make it. Never said yes to something so quick 😂

MHNCN2019 wrote: »
    Just got a call offering me the 18th because someone couldn’t make it. Never said yes to something so quick 😂

Congratulations, have u rang recently about your vetting before u got the offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ENC2019

Hi, any WhatsApp group for Monday please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackaattackin

ENC2019 wrote: »
    Hi, any WhatsApp group for Monday please? :)

Starting the same date and wondering the same thing ...?

Anyone start a WhatsApp for 18th?

What ye wearing as far as "smart casual" goes ? And what are yee bringing on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

What ye wearing as far as "smart casual" goes ? And what are yee bringing on the day?

Have u not received the info pack in your email?

• Advertisement

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Have u not received the info pack in your email?

No I did ,I was just being nosey as to what everyone else is doing is all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Don't bring a lot of clothes for the three days as you'll be changed into the tracksuit on the first day anyway to do your first aid and you'll stay in it then for the rest of the time.

Nice one thanks

I have relations in the UK vetting seems to be taken ages. Is anyone else on the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Ye me too, one uncle just have to keep the faith.

Ye me too, one uncle just have to keep the faith.

Very frustrating I must say. Hard to know at this stage if there’s many left from 2018 still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Very frustrating I must say. Hard to know at this stage if there’s many left from 2018 still waiting.

I'm still waiting anyway. Did my medical the start of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilk12

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting anyway. Did my medical the start of June.

Still waiting, have everything complete since start of July.

Think my medical was the end of July. Rang HQ and the guy said my vetting prob won’t be back for the next intake even -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

I’m in the same boat, all done since 1st week of July, vetting still outstanding. Very frustrating!!!!! 2018 campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Im 2018 campaign too i did my medical in September 2019. Thought id be in November intake . I agree its very frustrating .
    Is the next intake feb/march 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Tmac35 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat, all done since 1st week of July, vetting still outstanding. Very frustrating!!!!! 2018 campaign

Do they tell you why the vetting is still outstanding?

AD07 wrote: »
    Do they tell you why the vetting is still outstanding?

They didn't tell me anyway. Just that part of my vetting was outstanding and that unfortunately there is no known completion date of vetting. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

I know a lad that got the november intake there and he was in the 2017 campaign. It just takes a few months . They are really slow at it

No they don’t tell you why, only that it can take a couple of months or a couple of years, unfortunately!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

They didn't tell me anyway. Just that part of my vetting was outstanding and that unfortunately there is no known completion date of vetting. :/

Oh how frustrating and have you done your physical and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Do you have family on your form that live abroad?

AD07 wrote: »
    Oh how frustrating and have you done your physical and everything?

Yeah everything completed since beginning of June..

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Do you have family on your form that live abroad?

No, all family are local that's why I'm so surprised that its taking so long.

• Advertisement

No, all family are local that's why I'm so surprised that its taking so long.

very frustrating that

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Anyone know what months intakes are 2020 please?

OBrien1991 wrote: »
    First intake is 13th/20th of January 2020.

I doubt it’s January as an intake only started yesterday. Think it’s March, but I could be wrong!

First intake is 13th/20th of January 2020.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

I have dates for the first Aid training and its those dates for the next intake. HR also told me provisional dates are January. But not taking a full 200 maybe 150.

Any idea when offers are going out? I heard almost the same info but I was told the intake would take 100 people

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hi, just wondering who I would email just to get info on deferring, havent gotten an offer or anything but I'm studying a degree until May so would just wanna check that it's okay to defer if offered a place

• Advertisement

Just got confirmation next intake 27th January. There’ll be 4 intakes next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

Tmac35 wrote: »
    Just got confirmation next intake 27th January. There’ll be 4 intakes next year!

How did you get confirmation? Did you get an offer?

Does that mean offers will be going out in the next couple of weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilk12

The last intake got 7 weeks notice from I think, by looking at this thread it looks that way anyway..

How did you get confirmation? Did you get an offer?

A reliable source in the college, no offer yet, still waiting! The 1st batch of offers went out end of September for the November intake so could be any time, fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement

Fingers and toes crossed. This is our time!

Fingers and toes crossed. This is our time!

See a class is graduating from the college today, that'll free up a good bit of space that they will want to.fill as soon as possible, that's my guess anyway. Fingers and toes crossed is right, been crossed since March so hopefully they get a move on, still vetting outstanding, thinking its because of my sister who lived in Canada, bad part about it is she came home a month after I handed my Form b to them 🙄

See a class is graduating from the college today, that'll free up a good bit of space that they will want to.fill as soon as possible, that's my guess anyway. Fingers and toes crossed is right, been crossed since March so hopefully they get a move on, still vetting outstanding, thinking its because of my sister who lived in Canada, bad part about it is she came home a month after I handed my Form b to them 🙄

197 people graduated today so hopefully it will be a big intake next!

My vetting is also still outstanding, was talking to the guy on the phone few days ago and he said my vetting probably won’t be back for the next intake. :( ah I wouldn’t say that she moved home would slow it down, the fact that she was there might alright. I myself have family in England!

My vetting is also still outstanding, was talking to the guy on the phone few days ago and he said my vetting probably won’t be back for the next intake. :( ah I wouldn’t say that she moved home would slow it down, the fact that she was there might alright. I myself have family in England!

Spoke with HR today, they said local vetting is still outstanding which means it's been sitting in my local garda station for 8 months! Will be going in tomorrow to have words.

Spoke with HR today, they said local vetting is still outstanding which means it's been sitting in my local garda station for 8 months! Will be going in tomorrow to have words.

Ah jays that’s ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Dose anyone know how long it takes to get results for the 3rd interview please?? And will public jobs inform you ??

AliHH wrote: »
    Dose anyone know how long it takes to get results for the 3rd interview please?? And will public jobs inform you ??
    If it's the stage 3 Interview you are on about its 2 weeks after the interview you will get an email from public jobs to say you were successful/unsuccessful

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Thanks james just got the email today to say i passed

Congratulations well done hopefully see you down there next year

• Advertisement
Advertisement