Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Basically it sounds like they’re not stuck for numbers anymore and they might be able to bring in the 800 they announced in last year’s budget rather than the lower number of 600 when they were short in january
    I'm not too sure how you're coming to that conclusion. The initial offers for this intake went out over a month ago and they were still ringing people this week. They obviously struggled to fill this intake and based off this thread they also struggled to fill the last intake.
    Considering there was a recruitment drive over a year ago they should've had loads lined up for this intake, but they didn't. I certainly wouldn't bet on an intake in October but that's not to say it won't happen. Plus, 800 recruits were initially targeted for 2019, they changed that once so it's unlikely they'll change it again.

I was also talking to someone in HQ on Monday about an injury I got a few weeks ago, I was told to get it cleared by a doctor to start (which I thankfully did) or else I would be deferred until December. No mention of October at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TourDriven7

If you call HRM and ask people in the force, they confirm an intake in October. October is the intake. They brought it forward. They will not have one in December also. October instead of December

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If you call HRM and ask people in the force, they confirm an intake in October. October is the intake. They brought it forward. They will not have one in December also. October instead of December
    So basically december wasnt true and it is possibly gonna be October?

You hadn't got a blues clue yourself yesterday sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Oh i hope your right on that december is way too long isnt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TourDriven7

Witcher wrote: »
    You hadn't got a blues clue yourself yesterday sure.

Your friendly anyways. :/ speak to the right people and we can all learn true facts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

Said it two weeks ago myself about October

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaunaxR

Hi guys, I got an offer for Monday can someone pm me a WhatsApp group if there is one please, thank you

Funny thing about that is that most people in the force don't know nor care about intakes. HRM also told me Monday gone that I could defer until December if my injury didn't clear up, maybe that was just a mistake by him however.
    I will say that October does make a lot more sense, seeing as there will probably be an intake in early 2020. My point above is that there will not be 2 intakes in the rest of the year, not based on how much they struggled to complete last 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tomtomtom95

Niamho07 wrote: »
    Any what’s app groups for Monday?

Pm your number ill add you in

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dylanm1997

Received another call this morning asking if people dont turn up monday morning could i go up monday afternoon. Has anyone a list of what you need just incase i get a call. Also he said if i dont hear anything the next intake is november.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

If I had my pct may 2018 would I have to repeat it this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Ash_Ha wrote: »
    Anyone that was down there this week for induction would you mind briefly sharing what ye done? I still need to get a few things on the list sent out so wondering if I’m to bring everything this week or what’s needed ? 🙂

Bring what you have already but I don’t think they’re looking for everything until the 15th when everyone starts together properly :) that’s what I’ve been told by people that were there this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Anyone know or have a solid idea when the next intake is? ...
    I see the freedom of info thing but they are subject to change. Any information would be great.
    Waiting since September 2016 .. what’s another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

Anyone know or have a solid idea when the next intake is? ...
    I see the freedom of info thing but they are subject to change. Any information would be great.
    Waiting since September 2016 .. what’s another few months

Was talking to a lad who started yesterday,he said they mentioned December for the next one..2016 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

I spoke with someone from HRM about a week or so ago and I was told the intake would be in November.
    Hard to know when others have been given other months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dylanm1997

I was also told november when i spoke to someone in HRM last week.

Next intake will be in December but offers will go out in November.

Where you told this down in templemore carles?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Carthy2019

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

No one actually knows 100%.. Until there’s an official release from the college or offers for another time it’s December.. it’s strong rumor that there’s an October based on a few people going on hear-say but unfortunately it’s the long haul until then! Fingers crossed for everyone here waiting obviously but there’s no predicting what happens up there really :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    No one actually knows 100%.. Until there’s an official release from the college or offers for another time it’s December.. it’s strong rumor that there’s an October based on a few people going on hear-say but unfortunately it’s the long haul until then! Fingers crossed for everyone here waiting obviously but there’s no predicting what happens up there really :L

I’m praying it’s December now.. just done my mcl in so all the recovery time the better for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Carthy2019

dubsgal wrote: »
    I’m praying it’s December now.. just done my mcl in so all the recovery time the better for me!

Jesus, speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Any developments yet on when the next intake will be taking place lol

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Hi all,

I was offered the July intake but deferred to December (December is what they told me at the time) would anybody who started in July PM me the list of equipment you need to buy and what forms, ID etc you need when you start unless your told your not to pass on this info. I would just like to make sure I have it all ready, providing I get another offer. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Anyone ever emailed HRM in relation to the status of there file ,if so what email address did you use for them?

Anyone ever emailed HRM in relation to the status of there file ,if so what email address did you use for them?
    appointments@garda.ie

Any definite word on the next intake??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Any definite word on the next intake??

On paper, it’s December, so just go by that! For
    Your own sanity haha If it’s any earlier it’s a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

I emailed HR yesterday and their response said the next intake is November

• Advertisement

They say anything else? I’d say they’re fed up of getting emails off me hahaha. November makes sense anyway, doubt college would stay going through Christmas

Advertisement