Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TourDriven7

dubsgal wrote: »
    I have everything done since the 5th june, but had an extra meeting with chief super for an "urgent" meeting and I emailed hrm to and they said ive the same outstanding .. so im so unsure

I dont know what to think. I asked them in their opinion whats my chances and she said its not impossible. Trying to remain positive, and i reckon if i dont hear back anything friday that I’ll have to wait till december :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

Got an offer on Friday to start on the 8th. Delighted. If there's a whatsapp group going can someone PM me please!

2018 campaign and OOM of 2.

Hey I got the call to start next Monday aswell, if anyone knows of a WhatsApp group can you send me a PM please!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

I have everything done since the 19th, and i rang hrm they said i have a small bit of vetting outstanding. I hope i get called, but could i get a call as late as the weekend?
    From what I've heard it's definitely possible, but you obviously need to have everything cleared.
    Fingers crossed anyways! have you been called or are you still waiting too?

Yea I got the offer last Friday. Hopefully I'll see you next Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

From what I've heard it's definitely possible, but you obviously need to have everything cleared.

Yea I got the offer last Friday. Hopefully I'll see you next Monday morning!

Noway that's brilliant! say youre delighted!! my friend is down there now and said theres a couple of people there from our area so id love to be called, heres hoping!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luckyman20

I am placed at 900 in the Order Of Merit system. It is probably unlikely that I will be called for Monday. Have everything done since last week. What do you guys think?

• Advertisement

Luckyman20 wrote: »
    I am placed at 900 in the Order Of Merit system. It is probably unlikely that I will be called for Monday. Have everything done since last week. What do you guys think?

Im 800 and something on it. Doesnt matter about that because your called once your vetting is cleared as far as i know. I stand to be corrected though

Luckyman20 wrote: »

im not sure how it works with the oom, because im 301.. so ive no idea, could be possible to get an offer this week depending on your vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Hey im from the 2018 campaign. ive completed all steps including meeting with both sergeant & super. I got a call today to meet with the chief super-intendant. has anyone else heard of having to meet with them before?

Had the same issue but it delayed me for ages then, still waiting on final decision!

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Had the same issue but it delayed me for ages then, still waiting on final decision!

Did they tell you that it was urgent? I ended up meeting her within an hour of the call

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Con277

Got a call Friday to see if I would be available for a possible invitation for orientation for the 8th. Without any word I decided to call appointments today and was told that all of the July intake was full and I was not going down this time. He then told me that all my stage 4 is complete and I should be in the next intake (provisionally in October) and there was nothing I could do.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I dont know why they called me at all and instead of informing me that I wasnt going in this time they decided to do absolutely nothing (as per usual). I know of one other person in this exact predicament as myself but I just wanted to put this up to do what appointments wont and actually inform people of the current situation.(or atleast my current situation) anyone else that has experienced this I would recommend calling appointments to put your minds at ease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Con277 wrote: »
    Got a call Friday to see if I would be available for a possible invitation for orientation for the 8th. Without any word I decided to call appointments today and was told that all of the July intake was full and I was not going down this time. He then told me that all my stage 4 is complete and I should be in the next intake (provisionally in October) and there was nothing I could do.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I dont know why they called me at all and instead of informing me that I wasnt going in this time they decided to do absolutely nothing (as per usual). I know of one other person in this exact predicament as myself but I just wanted to put this up to do what appointments wont and actually inform people of the current situation.(or atleast my current situation) anyone else that has experienced this I would recommend calling appointments to put your minds at ease

Sorry to hear that, So it’s from appointments that it’s now October (Provisionally) and not December?

that's extremely frustrating!! thanks for letting us know atleast now we don't have to get our hopes up on a call this week :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Con277

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, So it’s from appointments that it’s now October (Provisionally) and not December?

He used the word provisionally a lot but that's is what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

He used the word provisionally a lot but that's is what he said.

Cheers nice one! At least, like Dubsgal said, at least we don’t have have to get our hopes up for July! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luckyman20

Sorry to hear that. I suppose it’s luck at the end of the day. October isn’t far away anyway. Just not nice to be told the way you were.

So basically december wasnt true and it is possibly gonna be October?

So basically december wasnt true and it is possibly gonna be October?

Basically it sounds like they’re not stuck for numbers anymore and they might be able to bring in the 800 they announced in last year’s budget rather than the lower number of 600 when they were short in january

Did they tell you that it was urgent? I ended up meeting her within an hour of the call

Gonna depend on the station and how efficient they are but delayed me by about a month in which I called every few days to see if there was an appointment available. In fairness if I didn’t get to a brilliant sgt there I’d probably still be waiting haha

Gonna depend on the station and how efficient they are but delayed me by about a month in which I called every few days to see if there was an appointment available. In fairness if I didn’t get to a brilliant sgt there I’d probably still be waiting haha

ohright I see!! that's a pain! thankfully ive been so so lucky and that anyone ive me has actually been brilliant and so helpful where they can

ohright I see!! that's a pain! thankfully ive been so so lucky and that anyone ive me has actually been brilliant and so helpful where they can

They’re genuinely interested and helpful when they know you’re in the system trying to join like it makes the process so much easier when someone in your local station has your back haha if July is full now we can only hope for a September/October intake.. the wait until December isn’t half as welcoming :L

• Advertisement

They’re genuinely interested and helpful when they know you’re in the system trying to join like it makes the process so much easier when someone in your local station has your back haha if July is full now we can only hope for a September/October intake.. the wait until December isn’t half as welcoming :L

yeah that's very true! like we could potentially be working with them one day. in-fairness I cant fault them at all they've been fantastic!
    yeah ino, im not as worried about this intake as I hadn't prepared myself for it. like ive nothing saved so atleast now can book a holiday enjoy that then save and see what the next intake is like. only thing im worried about is being down there for the whole winter (cant cope with the cold!) haha and yes winter in the country is different than in Dublin haha

yeah that's very true! like we could potentially be working with them one day. in-fairness I cant fault them at all they've been fantastic!
    yeah ino, im not as worried about this intake as I hadn't prepared myself for it. like ive nothing saved so atleast now can book a holiday enjoy that then save and see what the next intake is like. only thing im worried about is being down there for the whole winter (cant cope with the cold!) haha and yes winter in the country is different than in Dublin haha

Completely agree.. at least the “big smoke” brings a bitta heat haha templemore is freezing during winter. Had the open day in January and trying to do the beep test was like doing it outside haha just have to keep the fitness up and the weight down for another few months now just in case..

Completely agree.. at least the “big smoke” brings a bitta heat haha templemore is freezing during winter. Had the open day in January and trying to do the beep test was like doing it outside haha just have to keep the fitness up and the weight down for another few months now just in case..

I was there in January too! my god the hall was freezing! haha.. yeah ino! my football season goes through the summer so thatll keep me ticking over anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dylanm1997

I received the same call last friday, i called them today they told me the intake is full and i am 5th on a waiting list incase people drop out which i would think is highely unlikely.

Dylanm1997 wrote: »
    I received the same call last friday, i called them today they told me the intake is full and i am 5th on a waiting list incase people drop out which i would think is highely unlikely.

that's a bit nuts isn't it!! how soon would you hear before the next intake, or does there be a time where they usually start giving out start dates?

that's a bit nuts isn't it!! how soon would you hear before the next intake, or does there be a time where they usually start giving out start dates?

They announced the dates earlier this year and it says the next one is mid December but between stations saying it and rumor from calls to HRM there’s a chance for October too to make up the 800 trainees for the year

They announced the dates earlier this year and it says the next one is mid December but between stations saying it and rumor from calls to HRM there’s a chance for October too to make up the 800 trainees for the year

Ohright I see.. the reason they didn't take any down in January was because of the budgets weird the way theres a rumour now of another intake.. hopefully anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There's no talk of another intake in any circles that matter, HRM are just getting you off the phone, the rest is just hot air on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

And come here Hot Fuzz where are you getting this information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Niamho07

Any what’s app groups for Monday?

Advertisement