Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

Do they notify you if your file goes from outstanding to awaiting sign off? They say that to me everytime I email them but I've a feeling they won't say. Even that small change would help as the wait is so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Do they notify you if your file goes from outstanding to awaiting sign off? They say that to me everytime I email them but I've a feeling they won't say. Even that small change would help as the wait is so frustrating

I'm from the 2017 Campaign and I just by chanced called up in March of this year and they told me it was from Outstanding to With the Commissioners office awaiting sign off. Been like that since.

I done medical and physical both over a year ago now which is killing me to think ill have to do them again. Heard ppl say they last for 2 years others a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I'm from the 2017 Campaign and I just by chanced called up in March of this year and they told me it was from Outstanding to With the Commissioners office awaiting sign off. Been like that since.

I done medical and physical both over a year ago now which is killing me to think ill have to do them again. Heard ppl say they last for 2 years others a year.

The wait for me is bad enough can't imagine how painful it is for you, don't understand what takes them so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi All,

I’ve a question if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it. I completed a medical in June and was deferred on my BMI so I’ve to go back in September. Does anyone know what the process is? Do I contact them or will they contact me? I was told my date is the 12th of Sept the day of the medical, will I be doing the medical that day or will of be after that? If it’s after that do you get much extra time? Really appreciate the advise if anyone has been in this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

Hi All,

I’ve a question if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it. I completed a medical in June and was deferred on my BMI so I’ve to go back in September. Does anyone know what the process is? Do I contact them or will they contact me? I was told my date is the 12th of Sept the day of the medical, will I be doing the medical that day or will of be after that? If it’s after that do you get much extra time? Really appreciate the advise if anyone has been in this position.
    12th of September is your date I would think. Give them a ring to double check. If you need to defer it further give them a buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

In the Same boat as you. Seeing 2018 lads who still had vetting outstanding while we as 2017 ''awaiting sign off'' and seeing them get offers is frustrating alright but look July looks a strong possibility now and not that long away.

Does anyone know when the next intake is for 2019/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luckyman20

The general consensus is that there will be an intake in December of this year. However, there is a possibility that they could get people down for November. It’s hard to know who and when people will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Is there many people from June 2017 campaign still have vetting outstanding if so do you know whats going on why it's taking so long ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carlaoh98

Is there many people from June 2017 campaign still have vetting outstanding if so do you know whats going on why it's taking so long ?

I’m from June 2017, they just keep telling me I’m awaiting sign off and there’s no further information they can give. It’s a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

Carlaoh98 wrote: »
    I’m from June 2017, they just keep telling me I’m awaiting sign off and there’s no further information they can give. It’s a pain in the hole.

They must've put our files back to the bottom of the pile or something ,some joke .

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Yep 2017 myself, I've been at ''With Commissioner office awaiting sign off'' stage for 8 months now I think.... Would love to know what's happening but just keep getting the same answer. ''We are waiting to hear back''

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

Yep 2017 myself, I've been at ''With Commissioner office awaiting sign off'' stage for 8 months now I think.... Would love to know what's happening but just keep getting the same answer. ''We are waiting to hear back''

I'm from 2016 still waiting sign off

Morgan09 wrote: »
    I'm from 2016 still waiting sign off

I think it's safe to say we're forgotten about considering there's new campaigns being recruited

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

Pretty sure the Next intake will be 15th december

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

Second week of december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Conji21

Brian14 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Next intake will be 15th december

When would you say offers start going out ? Like what’s the usual notice you would receive like 2 or 3 weeks maybe ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

I emailed two weeks ago and they said the next intake isn’t set in stone but will be toward the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Just phoned them there to see how was my file doing, just waiting on one bit of vetting to come back but was told next intake is November, offers will be going out in a months time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cmckenn

Tmac35 wrote: »
    Just phoned them there to see how was my file doing, just waiting on one bit of vetting to come back but was told next intake is November, offers will be going out in a months time!!

My boyfriend rang last week and was told the same. It’s great it’s earlier than December although December didn’t really make sense anyways because they’d be closing for Xmas and that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Cmckenn wrote: »
    My boyfriend rang last week and was told the same. It’s great it’s earlier than December although December didn’t really make sense anyways because they’d be closing for Xmas and that.

Exactly & was also told the one after that is January, which I taught was very soon after November!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dreilly92

https://www.garda.ie/en/information-centre/freedom-of-information/decision-log/decision-letter-foi-000051-2019.pdf

The first two dates were correct so i presume this will be correct as well 16th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Dreilly92 wrote: »
    https://www.garda.ie/en/information-centre/freedom-of-information/decision-log/decision-letter-foi-000051-2019.pdf

The first two dates were correct so i presume this will be correct as well 16th of December

Wonder why they are leaving it so close to Christmas for the next intake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Because they have to wait until one of the intakes leave at the end of November, there's less space in the college for trainees than there was in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

We’re getting some mileage out of this July board, they sure know how to keep us on our toes haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dreilly92

does anyone know does the garda college close at christmas or just christmas day and st stephens day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Markmac15

Closes for 2 weeks I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Maybe induction week is November ready for the course to start in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Goldk12

Jecz wrote: »
    Maybe induction week is November ready for the course to start in December?

Normally they start off with the first week of the month for induction and then a week off to get some things together followed by start of the course third week. So;
    2nd December - Induction
    9th December - Week off
    16th December - Start of course.

Not sure how this will go though because of Christmas being in the middle of it all so surely this will have an impact on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Cmckenn

Goldk12 wrote: »
    Normally they start off with the first week of the month for induction and then a week off to get some things together followed by start of the course third week. So;
    2nd December - Induction
    9th December - Week off
    16th December - Start of course.

Not sure how this will go though because of Christmas being in the middle of it all so surely this will have an impact on this.

How come hrm keep saying November is the next intake? Starting the 16th December makes absolutely no sense and if that’s the case they’d be better waiting to January but then that’ll defer the whole 2019 campaign so that’ll be another mess. It’ll be great when offers start to come out so everyone has some clarity and knows the exact dates etc. This whole speculation thing and ppl saying difference things is irritating at this stage.

Advertisement