Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dreilly92

its a disgrace that they can leave it till this late. deciding to fly out to my brothers wedding now for two weeks so i wont be able to accept an offer now even if i get one

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

It's amazing how people who applied for a job have other more important stuff that this offer. I'm on hols now and if I would get an offer today I'll drop everything and Ill be in Ireland tomorrow morning... No matter what. I understand college reason but there is nothing else more important to me like this job....applied in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Redfox21 wrote: »
    It's amazing how people who applied for a job have other more important stuff that this offer. I'm on hols now and if I would get an offer today I'll drop everything and Ill be in Ireland tomorrow morning... No matter what. I understand college reason but there is nothing else more important to me like this job....applied in 2017

You mustn’t be much of a family man so

Redfox21 wrote: »

its abit different i am the best man for my brothers wedding which i was going to miss if i got the call you. what am i meant to do wait in ireland till next sunday incase i get a call and miss my only brothers wedding ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TourDriven7

Either way, every week for the past 3-4 weeks people have got offers. Mostly on a friday. There is still places available apparently so thats why i reckon offers be out today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mright123

Hi gang, got a call at 9:45 this morning from HR. Offering me a spot on the 8th. I'm over the moon.

mright123 wrote: »
    Hi gang, got a call at 9:45 this morning from HR. Offering me a spot on the 8th. I'm over the moon.

did they call to see if you were able to take it on such short notice?

Dreilly92 wrote: »
    did they call to see if you were able to take it on such short notice?

Yes they did,

Yes they did,

Did they say they were calling more people?

Did they say they were calling more people?

No they didn't say that on the call. The call was solely regarding me and nobody else. I know how you feel man I missed out on a few intakes myself, Just hang in there, even if you have to wait a few more months for December. I know that's easier said than done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Congratulations to you and best of luck with your training..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dylanm1997

Got a call this morning to say there are trying to complete my application in the next few days and would i be available to start on july 8th so fingers crossed. He said they are trying to fill it up so id say more offers will be out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Niamho07

Probably a stupid question but do they work through weekends on this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cianerr

I got the call today (email ) to start on the 8th, I here was talking to the Sargent in charge of the applications for the Area and he was saying they have a deadline of Wednesday for files for this intake. So there may even be calls early next week.

On another note is there a whatsapp group on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Got an offer on Friday to start on the 8th. Delighted. If there's a whatsapp group going can someone PM me please!

2018 campaign and OOM of 2.

Any offers out today does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luckyman20

Got an offer on Friday to start on the 8th. Delighted. If there's a whatsapp group going can someone PM me please!

2018 campaign and OOM of 2.

Congrats. What do you mean by OOM?

Luckyman20 wrote: »
    Congrats. What do you mean by OOM?

Order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Hey im from the 2018 campaign. ive completed all steps including meeting with both sergeant & super. I got a call today to meet with the chief super-intendant. has anyone else heard of having to meet with them before?

also on that note she was asking to see me quite urgently. I Wednesday eve and that seemed as thought it was too late so arranging to meet this evening. I checked with HR and they said that some of my vetting is still outstanding. (my heads wrecked) haha

• Advertisement

dubsgal wrote: »
    also on that note she was asking to see me quite urgently. I Wednesday eve and that seemed as thought it was too late so arranging to meet this evening. I checked with HR and they said that some of my vetting is still outstanding. (my heads wrecked) haha

this happened with a friend of mine. he was called back in to speak to him about a relation of his that was in trouble with the law before. just asked him what type of relationship he had with him and all

right okay.. makes sense. would it be a bad sign then? or would it just be a final thing to send to commissioner?

right okay.. makes sense. would it be a bad sign then? or would it just be a final thing to send to commissioner?

If its urgent then they definitely want you for July intake. If you need to make any arrangements with work might be no harm to let them know. Obviously no guarantees, but if they didn't want you for July there'd be absolutely no rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilk12

Ive emailed to see where my vetting is at and they replied saying its still at stage 4, have everything completed since 20th June. Any idea what this means?

If its urgent then they definitely want you for July intake. If you need to make any arrangements with work might be no harm to let them know. Obviously no guarantees, but if they didn't want you for July there'd be absolutely no rush.

yeah that's what I was thinking to.. I just dont want to get my hopes up and monday arrives and nothing haha.. would they really leave it till Friday to call people down? luckily enough im only in my job a month that I don't have to give notice, but everyone is so lovely id hate to leave them high and dry like that!

Kilk12 wrote: »
    Ive emailed to see where my vetting is at and they replied saying its still at stage 4, have everything completed since 20th June. Any idea what this means?

not sure what stage 4 means? but could be awaiting sign off from commissioner

yeah that's what I was thinking to.. I just dont want to get my hopes up and monday arrives and nothing haha.. would they really leave it till Friday to call people down? luckily enough im only in my job a month that I don't have to give notice, but everyone is so lovely id hate to leave them high and dry like that!

Well I know of someone who was called the Sunday night for orientation. They'll keep calling people until the intake is full and going by all reports they're struggling to get numbers.

Well I know of someone who was called the Sunday night for orientation. They'll keep calling people until the intake is full and going by all reports they're struggling to get numbers.

I have everything done since the 19th, and i rang hrm they said i have a small bit of vetting outstanding. I hope i get called, but could i get a call as late as the weekend?

Fingers crossed anyways! have you been called or are you still waiting too?

• Advertisement

I have everything done since the 19th, and i rang hrm they said i have a small bit of vetting outstanding. I hope i get called, but could i get a call as late as the weekend?

I have everything done since the 5th june, but had an extra meeting with chief super for an "urgent" meeting and I emailed hrm to and they said ive the same outstanding .. so im so unsure

Advertisement