Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

I don't know how accurate it is but someone on the garda stage 4 2018 thread has said the offers on Friday 27th were already 2nd round offers. Highly sceptical that 1st round come be completed so promptly at such an early stage from November.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

I would take everything on these threads with a pinch of salt, I got an email Friday asking for an updated medical cert .

I would take everything on these threads with a pinch of salt, I got an email Friday asking for an updated medical cert .

Agreed but only putting it out there to see if others come forward to add weight to the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

My vetting still isn’t back but still find myself refreshing my emails. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Userdb wrote: »
    My vetting still isn’t back but still find myself refreshing my emails. :/

I know the feeling!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

i wouldnt mind HR saying that your vetting is still outstanding i know someone who emailed them one morning and they replied within a minute saying it was outstanding and then that evening they got an offer. i think they just get so many emails they just say its outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

ddylan wrote: »
    i wouldnt mind HR saying that your vetting is still outstanding i know someone who emailed them one morning and they replied within a minute saying it was outstanding and then that evening they got an offer. i think they just get so many emails they just say its outstanding

I've gotten the same reply so many times, it wouldn't shock me if it was automated.

The people that have received offers, could yeasily reveal what your OOM was please

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

The people that have received offers, could yeasily reveal what your OOM was please

140’s

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Mid 200's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sully21

I received an offer yesterday morning for November intake. Starting 18th of November for induction week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cmckenn

sully21 wrote: »
    I received an offer yesterday morning for November intake. Starting 18th of November for induction week.

So did I. Delighted.

if offers are going out for the second week i presume the first week is already full?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rhys1995

if offers are going out for the second week i presume the first week is already full?

I would think so , still waiting on an offer myself .

I Will lose my mind if I don’t get in for November intake :(

Rhys1995 wrote: »
    I would think so , still waiting on an offer myself .

I Will lose my mind if I don’t get in for November intake :(

I'm the same. When did you have your medical?

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I'm the same. When did you have your medical?

On the 11th of September , had hoped to have heard something by now .

What about yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bubbles1984

Cmckenn wrote: »
    So did I. Delighted.

Congrats guys! Do you mind me asking what your OOM's were?

On the 11th of September , had hoped to have heard something by now .

What about yourself ?

I had mine the end of March. I was fully convinced I'd get an offer for November but starting to think I'll be waiting another few months.

I had mine the end of March. I was fully convinced I'd get an offer for November but starting to think I'll be waiting another few months.

March ! I would have thought you’d have gotten an offer for July and at the very least the first round of offers for November ? Have you contacted HR ?

Surely it couldn’t be your vetting still at this stage .

March ! I would have thought you’d have gotten an offer for July and at the very least the first round of offers for November ? Have you contacted HR ?

Surely it couldn’t be your vetting still at this stage .
    I know, I'm going out of my mind at this stage. I emailed them and they said vetting outstanding.

• Advertisement

I know, I'm going out of my mind at this stage. I emailed them and they said vetting outstanding.

im the same end of march, getting too the point if i dont get this intake i am just going too have to focus on career im doing now and forget the guards have put my career on hold for a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emma90

im the same end of march, getting too the point if i dont get this intake i am just going too have to focus on career im doing now and forget the guards have put my career on hold for a year now

Yes I’m the same had medical then too, and vetting apparently started April or so. I just keep getting the same automated response regarding the vetting as well. To be fair I was asked for medical documents for mine so that’s definitely delaying me but in the same boat not hopeful for a Nov place at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Luckyman20

I finished medical towards the end of June this year. Judging by the amount of people that have completed medical before me, I won’t be invited to this intake.

Is everyone getting the same answer ‘vetting is outstanding’ when they call?

Userdb wrote: »
    Is everyone getting the same answer ‘vetting is outstanding’ when they call?

Yep , seems to be a huge amount of people told
    “ your vetting is still outstanding “

Seems almost like an automated response when asking for an update from HRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Yep me also , passed medical back in June and still getting same response from HRM "vetting still outstanding" , very frustrating not hopeful for November or next intake tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Completed medical june 18 still awaiting decision frustrating!

Yep me also , passed medical back in June and still getting same response from HRM "vetting still outstanding" , very frustrating not hopeful for November or next intake tbh.

I know the feeling. I’d say the places are filled now anyway cause there is 2 induction weeks which are 11th & 18th and the 18th invites went out yesterday. Unless people postpone

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lynch93

Did medical end of Feb early March, but I only met local Sargent and Super at the end of Aug even though I did my interview last October, think I'll still be waiting for the next one at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

what was your oom after the interview?

Advertisement