17-01-2021, 11:04   #2986
scwazrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
. But I will remember it as the watch that enabled me to buy my first Rolex.
If it is the same watch and you paid €2600 for it .I paid €3k for it .How did €400 Difference enable the Rolex purchase?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-01-2021, 11:13   #2987
Sebastian Dangerfield

I picked up a Seiko Save The Ocean SSC675P1 recently, but it's just not clicking for me. I just dont like the black crowns. I had my eye on the SSC741P1 for a while and bought in haste without notificing the differences.

I'll post details later, but would consider moving it on if anyone is interested.
17-01-2021, 11:17   #2988
893bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwazrh View Post
If it is the same watch and you paid €2600 for it .I paid €3k for it .How did €400 Difference enable the Rolex purchase?
It didn’t. It enabled him to buy his first Rolex at the price he wanted to pay...at the forums expense.

He can dress it anyway he likes but presenting it like he couldn’t afford it without it is laughable. And for some reason he keeps bringing it up. It’s pretty funny really.
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 11:18   #2989
Fitz II

Quote:
As I said there was something else missing. Not that I noticed anyway, but Thomas spotted it straight away. Can't remember now, maybe a springbar tool? Anyway Thomas was gracious not to look for more money than we agreed. Will always remember the moonwatch, icon of a watch, but it not being water proof would never make it the watch for me. But I will remember it as the watch that enabled me to buy my first Rolex.
I sold it with a springbar tool....full set. I remember because it was a good springbar tool and I ordered the same one for my toolbox which I still have.

Dont want to labour the point and I generally stay out of the speedmaster spat, but as I sold it complete I dont want anyone thinking I swiped the goodies. It had all the papers, booklets and manuals. Metal coin, both natos, metal braclet and extra links (there was a good fews extra links 3 I think), loupe and springbar tool. Anything that went missing was nothing to do with me.

If anything is to be remember its that I passed up on the profit on this watch as a man of my word, this watch did nothing....I did.

Last edited by Fitz II; 17-01-2021 at 11:22.
(2) thanks from:
17-01-2021, 11:24   #2990
893bet

All these extras are gone from the new speedmaster ironically. An extra 500 (guessing, not sure what the price rise was) plus all the nice useful extras like the NATO’s, loupe and spring tool all removed. Omega have increased their margin by 20 percent or so.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-01-2021, 11:28   #2991
unkel
Category Moderator

I'll ask Thomas does he remember what was missing next time I buy a Rolex off him

Your reputation is beyond repute anyway Fitz. Not only did you give me a good deal on it, you also gave me some other Omega goodies with it. And you did so again only this week when you noticed I bought another Omega watch.
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 11:30   #2992
unkel
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
All these extras are gone from the new speedmaster ironically. An extra 500 (guessing, not sure what the price rise was) plus all the nice useful extras like the NATO’s, loupe and spring tool all removed. Omega have increased their margin by 20 percent or so.
Their margin must be beyond crazy. Isn't there a speed master now that retails at over €12k? Insane. I know you can get a decent discount on it, but that's still the guts of €10k. Surely nobody will even pay half of that for the watch in a few years time?
17-01-2021, 13:53   #2993
Cyrus

Quote:
Their margin must be beyond crazy. Isn't there a speed master now that retails at over €12k? Insane. I know you can get a decent discount on it, but that's still the guts of €10k. Surely nobody will even pay half of that for the watch in a few years time?
That’s the Ed white and you can’t get it anywhere , it’s ironically well worth it at retail .
17-01-2021, 15:09   #2994
Thirdfox

There were always Speedmasters that retailed over 12k (even in stainless steel) - the aventurine moonphase speedmaster was around 13k if I recall correctly (the non-aventurine moonphase speedies were more in the 5k region which shows how much Omega thought aventurine added to the watch).

Gorgeous piece - but I wouldn't pay retail for it... whereas I did buy the moonphase speedy from their boutique (did get a BT discount at the time though).

Here's the aventurine speedy:
https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle...he-mill-speedy
(they said it was 11.5k in the article... not sure it was available here for less than 12k and that's been superseded by the new aventurine model with the coaxial movement)

Advertisement
20-01-2021, 22:50   #2995
unkel
Category Moderator

Stingray strap for sale!

Long story, but I ended up with 2 identical blue stingray 20mm straps like the one in my picture on the Seamaster. The one for sale is brand new, unworn. I'm keeping the one that's in the picture. Any interest PM me. Preferable collected from me in Lucan, but I guess with the current lockdown it is more realistic that I should ship it to anywhere in Ireland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stingray.jpg (161.0 KB, 384 views)
Thanks from:
21-01-2021, 08:43   #2996
Johnny1980

Quote:
Stingray strap for sale!

Long story, but I ended up with 2 identical blue stingray 20mm straps like the one in my picture on the Seamaster. The one for sale is brand new, unworn. I'm keeping the one that's in the picture. Any interest PM me. Preferable collected from me in Lucan, but I guess with the current lockdown it is more realistic that I should ship it to anywhere in Ireland.
Can you put a few more pictures up thanks . Also how much you pay originally and where you get it
21-01-2021, 09:25   #2997
unkel
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1980 View Post
Can you put a few more pictures up thanks . Also how much you pay originally and where you get it
This is where I got it, from Vietnamcreations on eBay:

Linky

It has several pictures there too, apologies for only having one picture myself. Hope that helps!
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2021, 19:47   #2998
Sebastian Dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Dangerfield View Post
I picked up a Seiko Save The Ocean SSC675P1 recently, but it's just not clicking for me. I just dont like the black crowns. I had my eye on the SSC741P1 for a while and bought in haste without notificing the differences.

I'll post details later, but would consider moving it on if anyone is interested.
https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seik...watch/22696980
22-01-2021, 02:03   #2999
93Cab

Interested in this! Could you PM best boards price?
22-01-2021, 09:48   #3000
Sebastian Dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Cab View Post
Interested in this! Could you PM best boards price?
I may actually have to put this on hold. I just had a look and the spare link is missing the pin that attaches it. I'll track one down and relist when done.

Any guidance on what this pin might be called would be appreciated

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion