Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You're happy to get €210, the new buyer will get a lot of value at €210, so both should be happy :D

Nice dressy watch for Christmas day too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'd hardly get 210 for this at this stage? Is it a 065?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

stuchyg wrote: »
    I'd hardly get 210 for this at this stage? Is it a 065?

No, SRPB41 i think is the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

stuchyg wrote: »

No, SRPB41 i think is the model.

If I didn't have this exact one already I would be all over this.

Good luck with the sale.

Have my eye on another Rolex, love the polar Explorer, but I can only own one

Original Irish watch, sold by Weir's of Grafton Street in 1999

536620.jpg

Linky to the ad on adverts.ie

• Advertisement

And sold

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    And sold

quick work ! What’s next

Some form of Sea Dweller most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

And sold

That was exceptionally quick and seems like a good price.

I noticed the case back sticker was still on it.Whats the consensus here on this? I don’t know how people can leave them on , removing it is part of the joy for me when I get a new watch .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

scwazrh wrote: »
    That was exceptionally quick and seems like a good price.

I noticed the case back sticker was still on it.Whats the consensus here on this? I don’t know how people can leave them on , removing it is part of the joy for me when I get a new watch .

Some lad in fairness to be able to put his hand to 7 grand at 30 minutes notice 6 days before Christmas! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

fat bloke wrote: »
    Some lad in fairness to be able to put his hand to 7 grand at 30 minutes notice 6 days before Christmas! :eek:

A lot of people have a lot of extra cash this year.Sales of high end watches seem to be booming

Now that I've set my mind on buying some sort of Sea-Dweller, I'm putting up my excellent OceanX James Cameron homage for sale:

536715.jpg

Linky to adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

That's a couple of times you've moved from the homage to the real deal. Does the homage let you try the look and feel and the confidence that you'll be happy with the original? Like a beta test.

I know you had the Tissel ex, then went to the rolex explorer 2 for a while.

Kind of.

Had a cheap Chinese (Parnis) batman homage, decided I didn't like it (although tried on the real batman this morning and it did feel quite different :p)

Had the Tisell Explorer 1 214270 39mm homage and did buy the real thing

Have the OceanX Sharkmaster James Cameron homage and the real thing is currently my grail watch. But I'll likely settle for the identical but all black Deepsea (which is several thousand euro cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Yeah, that Tissel explorer got me tyre kicking 214270s in Munich. There wasn't a spark when I when I wore the Rolex. Oddly there was when I first put on the Tissel, Wow, how does he do it for Seiko 5 money.
    That's a hump I'm going have to get over if I ever want to get a no date sub. Gotta have a grail.

Seiko Alpinist SARB017

Had been lusting over this for quite some time, got it and it's glorious, but at 39mm a bit small for my big wrists, so letting it go again - catch and release.

Linky

537168.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Seiko Alpinist SARB017

Had been lusting over this for quite some time, got it and it's glorious, but at 39mm a bit small for my big wrists, so letting it go again - catch and release.
    nnn

Wow! Watch inflation, must be the Oisín effect.

Think I'll hang on to mine till it gets to €1,000

Be another 5-10 years but no doubt that will happen. Happy waiting :p

Be another 5-10 years but no doubt that will happen.

Not at the rate it's going, just need a couple of more YouTubers to get onboard.:D

Putting the Christmas pressie up for sale on Christmas day afternoon. Man, that's cold. :)

• Advertisement

fat bloke wrote: »
    Putting the Christmas pressie up for sale on Christmas day afternoon. Man, that's cold. :)

It turned out to be just a minor present. Did you see the main Christmas pressie I got? :D

It turned out to be just a minor present. Did you see the main Christmas pressie I got? :D

Just now! That's some high level gifting! Should be a keeper til at least new year's eve! :p

This is a keeper! Unless I'll hit financial difficulties I doubt I will ever sell it. This watch is very much "me" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm surprised this is still not sold TBH?
    Plenty of watchers, but no real interest as yet.

https://www.adverts.ie/21377603

Must be me, but the recent PADI Arnie on offer from Germany might have hit pricing?
    Will drop the asking to €325 on adverts, and €275 here ;)

With the surprise Xmas present I really can't see it getting more wrist time from me.
    So there's a bargain to be had for someone ;)

No interest in my OceanX Sharkmaster? On other watch forums, these are snapped up within minutes when they come up for sale. You'll never get as good a diver's watch for so little money

537415.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/oceanx-sharkmaster/22474172

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

No interest in my OceanX Sharkmaster? On other watch forums, these are snapped up within minutes when they come up for sale. You'll never get as good a diver's watch for so little money

537415.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/oceanx-sharkmaster/22474172

It's a lovely watch but probably priced a bit too high in my opinion considering it's available for €415 delivered and new.

It's a lovely watch but probably priced a bit too high in my opinion considering it's available for €415 delivered and new.

Nope. That's where you're wrong. The watch is actually only €399 with free worldwide shipping brand new, but it is almost always out of stock with very limited production runs. Have a look for yourself on seriouswatches.com

If you have a look at the main UK watch forum (TZ), you will find that they sell for pretty much full new price when second hand. And they sell within minutes. Also do a search on eBay and you'll find the same

Trust me, I paid the full whack for it myself too, and it was second hand. And I had been looking for one for months. And I don't exactly have a reputation for overpaying for stuff :pac:

Trust me, I paid the full whack for it myself too, and it was second hand. And I had been looking for one for months. And I don't exactly have a reputation for overpaying for stuff :pac:

Why does HELIUM ESCAPE VALVE need to be shouted on the dial?

Ask Rolex ;)

Well the original says "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE". BTW I bought mine (the Rolex) from a professional saturation diver. He told me that without it, any watch he'd wear deep under water would go pop. I think Rolex invented this feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Because Rolex thought it should be shouted on the dial.

I will admit, if it wasn't a 44mm beast of a watch I'd be tempted.

Advertisement