Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Seiko SKX013 also.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx013-dive-watch/22882255

Edit: Apparently with an unusual minute track as in no minutes on it. Never even noticed. Anyone any idea? This one been modded in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Davd

Cyrus wrote: »
    Probably unlikely but is there a sub date or no date owner that fancies a gmt?

I have a Dec 17 116710LN (warranty to Dec 22) full set with some stickers still on, no dings or noticeable marks and id like a sub, date or no date, new as possible and mint,

anyone interested?

Just happened across this post and was tempted. Second guessing on whether I should have gone for the GMT over the Sub when I had the chance - bought in 2016 when you could still walk into an AD and buy a Sub/GMT. And as I still can't decide, I think I would have to add a GMT rather than swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

NIMAN wrote: »

Ive never looked on donedeal for watches. Much activity there?

Ive never looked on donedeal for watches. Much activity there?

That's the 1st one I listed I think.

Must stick it up on adverts too, in case more potential buyers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not much moderation on Done Deal, if at all.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Not much moderation on Done Deal, if at all.

Good place for fakes you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Donedeal is absoutly chock a block with fakes, openly most and sold as original some. I would never buy a watch there, the adverts feedback system is the most valuable thing with watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've listed 3 Paganis today.
    Two GMTs and a Sub homage.
    All watches new or as new.
    The 39mm GMTS are a bit small for my wrist....and eyesight. :(

https://www.adverts.ie/22900846

https://www.adverts.ie/22901058

https://www.adverts.ie/22901213

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

furiousox wrote: »
    I've listed 3 Paganis today.
    Two GMTs and a Sub homage.
    All watches new or as new.
    The 39mm GMTS are a bit small for my wrist....and eyesight. :(

https://www.adverts.ie/22900846

https://www.adverts.ie/22901058

https://www.adverts.ie/22901213

Fitz might be interested in these.

Will give him a nudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Anyone have Omega straps they’d consider selling?

Looking for options for a speedy.

Have it on a cheap AliExpress canvas at the moment and like the look, just not the quality and would like an original if anyone has one or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Anyone have Omega straps they’d consider selling?

Looking for options for a speedy.

Have it on a cheap AliExpress canvas at the moment and like the look, just not the quality and would like an original if anyone has one or similar?
    Hi , I have a genuine Omega 20mm on a original omega clasp

See example , it’s like new and I am considering selling

https://www.authenticwatches.com/omega-leather-strap-98000918.html

Hi folks,
    I’m offering my seiko mod for sale

https://www.adverts.ie/22913106

Not in a panic to sell but it’s getting very little air time.

I’ve probably 550 in it with watch parts and labour plus the strap code bracket and crafter blue. Being realistic about price but not going to give it away for much less.

Cheers,
    Mick

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Hi , I have a genuine Omega 20mm on a original omega clasp

See example , it’s like new and I am considering selling

https://www.authenticwatches.com/omega-leather-strap-98000918.html

Thanks Johnny, not looking for brown but if you’d consider selling the clasp on its own feel free to pm me?

$425 for a leather strap!

You'd nearly get the whole cow for that.

Price gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

You get get really excellent straps for the Speedy without spending huge money. The Bark & Jack nato are really good (c.€30). I have the Omega nato and the B&J ones are easily comparable.

Also, I bought an alligator strap and clasp from Etsy (a guy called Michael/VildBoyz) that is really good for about €60, if you didn't want to spend the €500 on the real thing.

You can see all these straps in my photos.
    Horoaddict wrote: »
    Thanks Johnny, not looking for brown but if you’d consider selling the clasp on its own feel free to pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

On the topic of straps, if anyone here has an AP and would like a brown Aligator strap for it on the cheap (fits the 39 & 41mm RO) let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Time wrote: »
    On the topic of straps, if anyone here has an AP and would like a brown Aligator strap for it on the cheap (fits the 39 & 41mm RO) let me know.

Could suit Fitz maybe?

You get get really excellent straps for the Speedy without spending huge money. The Bark & Jack nato are really good (c.€30). I have the Omega nato and the B&J ones are easily comparable.

Also, I bought an alligator strap and clasp from Etsy (a guy called Michael/VildBoyz) that is really good for about €60, if you didn't want to spend the €500 on the real thing.

You can see all these straps in my photos.

Thanks! I just had a look at his Etsy, looks to be pretty similar to the AliExpress stuff I got, one rubber strap with omega clasp, the mesh with and omega clasp and I’m waiting on an alligator strap too! Have ordered a colareb that’s turning up tomorrow so keen to see that!

Time wrote: »

Its not for me, but they are class. I would try ebay to be honest...market is limited in ireland. You got the deployant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Fitz II wrote: »
    Its not for me, but they are class. I would try ebay to be honest...market is limited in ireland. You got the deployant?

Unfortunately not, that was on the rubber strap. I'll throw that and the box up on eBay and see what i get.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Hey all, just received an excellent condition Seamaster 2254.50 and realised, it's not for me. I prefer the current gen 42mm version. Worn it once around the house and I'm looking to break even. This is the post I purchased from:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/wts-omega-smp-2254-50.5252008/

The watch is unpolished and looks like it's been babied for its life - only real sign of wear is on the clasp and a bit on the bracelet. Happy to include my own photos if anyone's interested.

Looking for €2550.

wow thats really nice.. if i didnt have the speedy id be all over it. Amazes me how variations like this come up. I would have done several searched for speedy alternatives down the years and that i dont think ever showed up

wow thats really nice.. if i didnt have the speedy id be all over it. Amazes me how variations like this come up. I would have done several searched for speedy alternatives down the years and that i dont think ever showed up

It is very nice. When I came across it at the time I went to some length to get one. There's not plenty of them around.

And even now, thinning out my (not) collection, I was in two minds about it. As per usual with my photography skills the pics dont do it justice.

Just a Public Service Announcement.

There was a poster on here a while back (forget who) who put me onto selling watches to Chrono24 (they buy through another business). I looked into it and I had a couple of Rolex to sell and was dealing with mouthbreathers on Adverts and Facebook marketplace. Chrono24 offered me top money for the watches, paid for insured shipping and paid out in a rapid manner. I would defo go there first in the future, private buyers are just looking for too much discount on these watches, and the hassle of getting a watch to Chrono is fairly minimal.

€7750 given on the Milgauss and €15300 on the Pepsi they paid another 340 euro for insured currier too.

I recommend that if you selling something like that give them a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

There was a poster on here a while back (forget who) who put me onto selling watches to Chrono24 (they buy through another business). I looked into it and I had a couple of Rolex to sell and was dealing with mouthbreathers on Adverts and Facebook marketplace. Chrono24 offered me top money for the watches, paid for insured shipping and paid out in a rapid manner. I would defo go there first in the future, private buyers are just looking for too much discount on these watches, and the hassle of getting a watch to Chrono is fairly minimal.

€7750 given on the Milgauss and €15300 on the Pepsi they paid another 340 euro for insured currier too.

Cheers fitz

Is it just on the chrono 24 website or elsewhere ?

Cyrus wrote: »
    Cheers fitz

Is it just on the chrono 24 website or elsewhere ?

Just go into the value your watch bit of Chrono and it will give you and estimate...there is an option then to sell to them. They will email you back with details....same sort of thing as Watchfinder and their english is amazing.

Edit I cant seem to find it now????? I will send my contact onyo you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

I recall that. Think they were selling an omega and the offer was strong money. They are paying the private sale price rather than the trade price by the looks of it. That won’t last sadly so fill yer boots now.

• Advertisement

Another back of the press find.....Free to forum regular. Everything seems to work fine. PM me and send me a stamped address envelope and its yours, good for a tinkerer or somebody that likes a orange watch. I have no details on it, cant even remember how I have it????

PXL-20210220-113314867.jpg

Advertisement