Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

unkel wrote: »
    Nope. That's where you're wrong. The watch is actually only €399 with free worldwide shipping brand new, but it is almost always out of stock with very limited production runs. Have a look for yourself on seriouswatches.com

If you have a look at the main UK watch forum (TZ), you will find that they sell for pretty much full new price when second hand. And they sell within minutes. Also do a search on eBay and you'll find the same

Trust me, I paid the full whack for it myself too, and it was second hand. And I had been looking for one for months. And I don't exactly have a reputation for overpaying for stuff :pac:

I'm not wrong, Watchia are an official retailer for OceanX. €415 delivered.

https://www.watchia.com/en/oceanx-sharkmaster-1000-meters-automatic-diver-sms1013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

https://www.watchia.com/en/oceanx-sharkmaster-1000-meters-automatic-diver-sms1013.html

That's not the same watch, dude ;)

The 1012 (James Cameron homage) is almost permanently sold out...

This seems to be the only one on eBay at the moment, GBP544 (EUR600)

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Ask Rolex ;)

Well the original says "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE". BTW I bought mine (the Rolex) from a professional saturation diver. He told me that without it, any watch he'd wear deep under water would go pop. I think Rolex invented this feature.

Its only an issue for saturation diving where the divers live and work at depth doing underwater construction and reapir jobs (usually less than 200 meters). TO avoid having to decompress they live in pressurised vessels on their boats, breathing a helium oxygen mix to avoid nitrogen narcosis. The helium being a very small molecule can pass through the otherwise airtight seals of the watch and in essence pressurise the watch. When the divers decompress to go home after their 2 weeks or whatever living at pressure the watch cannot depressurise as fast as the environment is depressurising leading to a outward pressure the watch is not built for. There are two options.

1. unscrew the crown while depressurising (its in a dry pressure chamber), a simple solution that every dive watch has.
    2. Have a helium escape valve like rolex.
    3. Have a helium excape valve like Omega that you need to unscrew. (pointless)

A totally unnecessary complication, even for the rare saturation diver out there. But only useful if you breathing helium enriched air which is nothing to do with depth...most working saturation divers work at depths that a lot of recreational divers would have exceeded. Often see the use of a He escape value conflated with depth online, saturation diving is not very romantic, its being a live in underwater welder.

I haghly reccomend a documentary called " Last Breath" on Netflix about this and a incident that happened, Fascinating.

Yeah I read up a bit about it only recently. Those guys must get paid well, basically they're in a prison for weeks on end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Seems a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

There’s actually a quality documentary about a rescue mission with a saturation diver. Can’t remember if it’s on Netflix.

“Last breath” it’s called.

Quality.

****e just read above it’s already been mentioned lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I have listed my Sinn 104 on adverts. I am not looking for any trades, as I'm a bit bored of flipping watches and might downsize the collection a bit more shortly.

50508424038_d51cdcfc09_c.jpg

Edit: sold

Eoin wrote: »
    Edit: sold

Nice one! Someone got arguably the nicest watch you can buy for a 3 figure sum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Had it been the black dialled version I would have been all over it. Lovely watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Listed my Gshock all metal on adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/22535287

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Sold in record time Eoin! Had a hankering to try the blue dial on the H link but I didn't even have time to gather my thoughts! Could've been a side-deal to be done with hitemfrank - give me a PM if it falls through for any reason!

Hi folks,

Listing my Sinn 556a rs. Lovely watch for anyone looking for similar. Less than 3 weeks old.

https://www.adverts.ie/22537273

Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Hi folks,

Listing my Sinn 556a rs. Lovely watch for anyone looking for similar. Less than 3 weeks old.

Thanks,
    Mick

I hope something nice is coming to you soon Mick , You seem to have sold nearly all your watches over the last month or so

scwazrh wrote: »
    I hope something nice is coming to you soon Mick , You seem to have sold nearly all your watches over the last month or so

Just focusing on having less watches as I find myself wearing same watch every day.

I think the only one I’ve moved on was the speedmaster.

I’ve actually not worn the Stowa marine since it came back from service. It’s a lovely watch which I’d like to keep and wouldn’t get decent offers on adverts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm considering picking up a Seiko SRP043 (aka the Spork).

Had one a while back ,but traded it.

So if any of you have or know of one, let me know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Just focusing on having less watches as I find myself wearing same watch every day.

I think the only one I’ve moved on was the speedmaster.

I’ve actually not worn the Stowa marine since it came back from service. It’s a lovely watch which I’d like to keep and wouldn’t get decent offers on adverts etc
    I’ll 100% take that Stowa off you at fair market value if you’re moving it on. Adverts is a nightmare for shifting anything but fliegers.

david wrote: »
    I’ll 100% take that Stowa off you at fair market value if you’re moving it on. Adverts is a nightmare for shifting anything but fliegers.

Dropped you a pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

david wrote: »
    Sold in record time Eoin! Had a hankering to try the blue dial on the H link but I didn't even have time to gather my thoughts! Could've been a side-deal to be done with hitemfrank - give me a PM if it falls through for any reason!
    Nice one! Someone got arguably the nicest watch you can buy for a 3 figure sum :)

It was collected within an hour of the offer being accepted - think it was a case of good timing, as the new owner had been on the lookout.

They are absolutely a fine watch; too nice to be sitting gathering dust. And as I said, I'm a bit bored of having so many watches. So I am pondering if I should offload my Grand Seiko too, but I won't rush into that decision.

It was collected within an hour of the offer being accepted - think it was a case of good timing, as the new owner had been on the lookout.

They are absolutely a fine watch; too nice to be sitting gathering dust. And as I said, I'm a bit bored of having so many watches. So I am pondering if I should offload my Grand Seiko too, but I won't rush into that decision.

What’s your grand seiko?

• Advertisement

SBGN009. My photos, as usual, don't do it justice - the finish is just superb.

50222154067_8c36394f13_c.jpg

50221933676_162306ace7_c.jpg

Lovely watch. Always have my eye on grand seiko but this is a little to close in styling to my omega aqua terra

• Registered Users Posts: 16,483 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@Eoin beautiful watch, the child in me can't help but giggle at the cocks all over the dial tho ;)

On a serious note.
    If you let hat go, someone will be getting a beaut!

banie01 wrote: »
    at the cocks all over the dial tho ;)

I though I was the only one :D

ugh, now that's all I can see.

Its true even if you price it well, people feel the need to try and squeeze every last euro out of you. Its extremely frustrating and prevents people from posting realistic asking prices. I find dealing with forum and adverts regulars far less frustrating.

ugh, now that's all I can see.

Sorry :(

Listed my Gshock all metal on adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/22535287

Cheers,
    Mick

Casio sold. If anyone fancies a deal on a goldeneye quartz seamaster give us a shout

https://www.adverts.ie/22242906

Hi folks,

Thanks,
    Mick
    Ive withdrawn my Sinn from adverts as firstclass watches will take it back for full refund. I’ll send it back in next day or two but if anyone fancies it at say 950 euro it would save me cost of postage to uk and I’ll include the erikas original strap which was about 60 euro.

9-C312-BE8-7-B49-4396-8-B30-2-C3-BD9-AC37-CD.jpg

• Advertisement

As I am currently bed-ridden, my lovely wife was the one who took delivery of my new, new watch this morning. The one she wasn't actually aware I'd bought :pac:
    Luckily...
    I am currently too Ill for her to consider actually killing me :P

So with my survival in mind, I need to shift out another watch.
    To that end, the lovely Steinhart Pepsi Ocean One GMT 39mm is up on the block.
    I picked it up from Fitz in the 2nd half of last year for an absolutely brilliant price of €350 with full set, receipt.Would hope that someone on here wants to keep it in the Parish ;)

It's this model if memory serves and still even has plenty of warranty left too.
    https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/gmt-ocean-one-39-blue-red.html
    I'll add photos hopefully later this evening or tmrw.

Advertisement