Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Bit off topic

Selling my Sony WF-1000XM3 is anyone interested

https://www.adverts.ie/22718925

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bit off topic
    Actually you're dead right... :o give me a moment D. GLWS.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wibbs wrote: »
    Actually you're dead right... :o give me a moment D. GLWS.

I was waiting for this.😷😉😉. will I get rid?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Fitz II wrote: »
    If I can get this one together it will be absolutely amazing....this one is going to hurt.....:eek:

GLWS Fitz. These are already out of my league, never mind what you are aiming for. Unless it's a pallet of brand new Seiko SKX 007 divers.:D

Personally I'd keep the Milgauss and try find something else to raise the money, that's coming from someone who doesn't like Rolex. But it's your watch, hopefully someone here will buy it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've thrown another few quid off my Omega Planet Ocean 42mm on Adverts, and of course a much better deal to be had for forum members. It had a €485 service late last year (I don't think it had ever been service before), so working perfectly, of course: https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean/22649498

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Selling a Villandry Acier Classique, with Japanese movement.

Link to adverts listing - https://www.adverts.ie/casual/villandry-acier-classique/22722201

Hi Captain, I have a question about this watch, could you pm me
    Thanks
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Hi just putting it out there , thinking about selling my JLC reverso , it’s the new tribute blue dial small seconds and basically new . Purchased Christmas 2019 and 7 years warranty remaining . Only selling as I was lucky to get a blue datejust . Let us know if anyone is interested

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Hi just putting it out there , thinking about selling my JLC reverso , it’s the new tribute blue dial small seconds and basically new . Purchased Christmas 2019 and 7 years warranty remaining . Only selling as I was lucky to get a blue datejust . Let us know if anyone is interested

Also open to a swap for the same reverso in red or a ultra thin version if anyone out there has purchased one . Just like to have a different dial colour on my small collection of watches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

2010 Full set, box and papers, just serviced by Rolex and under warranty for another 18 months. I would be looking for more than average for the watch. Not keen to sell but always open to offers that would coax this stunner from my possession

Fitz I’ve subscribed to all your ads purely for the comedy factor, honestly made my morning. Beaut and GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Fitz II

david wrote: »
    Fitz I’ve subscribed to all your ads purely for the comedy factor, honestly made my morning. Beaut and GLWS

I am having fun alright....sure it friday, and thank to the regulars for the support. Whoever this dublinguy4422 is make yourself know here and stop trying to ruin my ad. SNIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

It baffles me how some people feel the need to comment on other peoples ads saying "I can get x cheaper on x".

If you can get it cheaper then go ahead any buy it. No need to be telling the world about your amazing bargain find.

If you're not interested then don't comment and if you are then just keep it civil.

Sickening amount of toxicity out there these days.

Lovely watches though Fitz, Snapping I missed the advert for the Omega Dark side of the moon. Very good price for it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

FitzII No speculation or accusation against fellow members please.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It baffles me how some people feel the need to comment on other peoples ads saying "I can get x cheaper on x".

I disagree. I think it is fair enough. Provided the buyer is genuinely interested in buying the item. It's part of the negotiation. Provided of course all is done with at least some courtesy. Some selling prices are way off and the seller might not be aware (not in this case obviously)

And that's coming from someone who has bought and sold hundreds of times on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I am having fun alright....sure it friday, and thank to the regulars for the support. Whoever this dublinguy4422 is make yourself know here and stop trying to ruin my ad. SNIP

You’ll be onto Fitz III soon if dont you behave

FitzII No speculation or accusation against fellow members please.

Fair enough, was angry, apologies.

I usually dont mind that as much, except I had looked before putting the ad up and that was a fiar price (minus the adverts tax of course). The guy didnt have a rashers and was compairing to loose non GV watches. His 5500 euro offer rejection got him all angry. And look I appreciate that a lot of money, but anyone that has ever dealt with me has got a watch in good condition and for a good price, I dont fup about. These are expensive items, and if you act like a tool I will embarass you, as you all know I am a shameless boast and dont suffer fool lightly.

Two Rolex for sale. Deals with Forum members prefered. Not in any rush.

Pepsi Ceramic BLRO

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-pepsi-gmt-master-ii-ceramic-blro/22731628

Milgauss Black GV

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-milgauss/22764317

So a little price drop, there is still adverts tax on the prices. Despite the mouth breathers on adverts :rolleyes:

These watches have an agreed and fair trade in with a dealer, and I am waiting on them to source the watch I am after. I will leave them for sale to try eek a few extra euro out of the deal, but there is limited time left on them before I trade them. If anyone is interested give me a PM. But the trade deal is easy and sees me made whole on the watches.

Tentatively floating the idea of my Sinn 104 for trade/px, cash either way.

Late 2018, had a full case and bracelet refurb with Sinn in November 2020, very minimal desk trails on clasp, zero hairlines I can see. AR coating is 100%, had a new crystal and all seals done. Box papers, tools, all spare links, all spare spring bars and hex screws, original Sinn black gator strap, bracelet box with outer box. Runs +6/7spd, SW200.

I'm favoring smaller case sizes of late. Looking for a dark dial steel sports in the <40mm category - Sinn 556, Tudor BB36, Grand Seiko quartz all interest me for example.

I love this watch, not listing on adverts or an asking price as I really prefer a forum trade (if that's ok Wibbs) I will entertain the right cash offer by PM if the price is right to get me into my next piece.

PM me contact details and I can email hi res pics.

541531.jpg

I love this watch, not listing on adverts or an asking price as I really prefer a forum trade (if that's ok Wibbs)
    That's perfectly OK D and was something I specifically asked for when the forum started.

TBH? If gun to my head someone get shot of all your watches(other than a couple of family watches) and said pick any two watches on this forum that will be for good and no other watches will be involved your two would be it. No question. But GLWS.

That's perfectly OK D and was something I specifically asked for when the forum started.

TBH? If gun to my head someone get shot of all your watches(other than a couple of family watches) and said pick any two watches on this forum that will be for good and no other watches will be involved your two would be it. No question. But GLWS.

Ha thanks Wibbs I appreciate that! The Stowa has already found a very good home locally. I've something (IMO) equally nice incoming stuck somewhere in France for the weekend. Took a risk and bought without trying but I'm hopeful it'll round off the 2-watch German collection just as well as that beautiful Marine did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-seamaster-300m-mid-size-2352-80-00-18k-gold-and-stainless-steel-watch/22786725

The seamaster is up on adverts - now that the missus has moved onto the pearlmaster it's a shame to keep the seamaster unworn (it's nice on my wrist too but I find myself wearing the speedmaster when choosing an Omega to don).

Some adverts tax/negotiation room of course - and of course the preference would be to keep it within the forum - I think if you go back you'll see me talking about my wife being afraid of getting a 300m WR watch wet whereas I swim with my 30m WR speedy... she really babies the watch (very little desk diving marks even on the clasp). 36mm means unisex and while I prefer the speedy for my Omega fix I would say that the seamaster's bracelet beats the speedy for comfort easily.

Was serviced by John Donoghue of vintagewatchnet back in 2018 - so while MsThirdfox wouldn't even run it under a tap I'm sure the gaskets should be fine for diving for a while longer (though I always recommend checking!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Very nice watch Thirdfox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

robbok wrote: »
    Hi Captain, I have a question about this watch, could you pm me
    Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob, I'm only after seeing this message now! Did the postman deliver it yet?!

Tentatively floating the idea of my Sinn 104 for trade/px, cash either way.

Late 2018, had a full case and bracelet refurb with Sinn in November 2020, very minimal desk trails on clasp, zero hairlines I can see. AR coating is 100%, had a new crystal and all seals done. Box papers, tools, all spare links, all spare spring bars and hex screws, original Sinn black gator strap, bracelet box with outer box. Runs +6/7spd, SW200.

I'm favoring smaller case sizes of late. Looking for a dark dial steel sports in the <40mm category - Sinn 556, Tudor BB36, Grand Seiko quartz all interest me for example.

I love this watch, not listing on adverts or an asking price as I really prefer a forum trade (if that's ok Wibbs) I will entertain the right cash offer by PM if the price is right to get me into my next piece.

PM me contact details and I can email hi res pics.

Withdrawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

Decided to stick up my speedtimer in the end - deserves to be worn more often!

http://www.adverts.ie/22822704

oBn5LEY.jpg

Hi all putting up my datejust for sale . Currently on adverts for 9k but will give a discount here . Watch is basically new and I have the store receipt form watches of Switzerland in London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gm4spqanhwyrcu

Beautiful watch, John!

Very tempting - I am sure it will sell very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Probably unlikely but is there a sub date or no date owner that fancies a gmt?

I have a Dec 17 116710LN (warranty to Dec 22) full set with some stickers still on, no dings or noticeable marks and id like a sub, date or no date, new as possible and mint,

anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone know of any Tudor Heritage Rangers for sale or coming up for sale? One caught my eye some time back on adverts but sold to one of my fellow watch forum enthusiasts by the time I got the funds together to buy it, to make it worse he sold it on again and I completely missed it again 😂 I guess you snooze you lose.

Anyway hoping to find one with a steel bracelet. If anyone knows of a good second hand one please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

oknepop wrote: »
    Decided to stick up my speedtimer in the end - deserves to be worn more often!

http://www.adverts.ie/22822704

oBn5LEY.jpg

Jaysus, it's my 50th next month and i hinted to my wifey that i'd like a watch, will subtlety push her towards this tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Selling my TAG, just not wearing it anymore.

As per usual there is a bit of adverts tax on it.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/tag-heuer-carrera-twin-time/22881707?notification=6e2a357f52b456ca6007124ddc9f0fc3-1613045105

543005.JPG

Advertisement