Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I have this with the black bezel so I shouldn't even tempt myself... but

Is this the aluminum bezel or ceramic bezel version?

Also - get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I have this with the black bezel so I shouldn't even tempt myself... but

Is this the aluminum bezel or ceramic bezel version?

Also - get well soon

Its the nicer Aluminium bezel version. Banie fair play for passing on the bargain....I salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fitz II wrote: »
    Its the nicer Aluminium bezel version. Banie fair play for passing on the bargain....I salute you.

Not at all FG, nothing to salute. I was lucky enough to get it a great price and its far too nice a watch not be worn.
    If I'm selling it, its only fair I offer the 1st shout to the forum IMO (I'd think differently if I was trading in I suppose)
    Only reason I'm even getting rid is that my Mrs will literally kill me and its got no sentimental attachment for me ;)

@Pablo, thanks for the well wishes :)
    As Fitz has said, its the aluminium bezel. I do have some interest from a regular and have to send him pics later.
    If he doesn't take it, I'll add the pics here and leave it to hopefully find a home with another regular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

I don’t think you’d get much more for it than 350 on the likes it adverts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Hope you get better soon.

Nice watch, I'd be interested but already have a Steinhart Ocean One (non-GMT).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    If he doesn't take it, I'll add the pics here and leave it to hopefully find a home with another regular :)

The Steinhart is sold and I'm happy to say to a regular here :)
    Thanks to all who showed an interest and for the get well wishes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Not my cup of tea, but have much respect for Steinhart.
    A bargain there and the comfort of an enthusiast getting it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Lovely watch would've been tempted if I hasn't mixed the boat.

Does anyone know if they do that in the batman colours instead of Pepsi?

Lovely watch would've been tempted if I hasn't mixed the boat.

Does anyone know if they do that in the batman colours instead of Pepsi?

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-39-gmt-premium-500.html

Price drop on seamaster

https://www.adverts.ie/22242906

I’ve a set of ten omega bracelet pins I’ll throw in as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Fair play @micks_address, that's probably the best value for money in the country today.

Not for me, but can't see it hanging about for long at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Hi Everyone, long time lurker on this forum. I’m thinking of finally taking my first steps into the watch market this year (discounting my Apple Watch!).

I love the grand Seiko SBGA283G. Purely cosmetic, I don’t know the first thing about watch mechanics. It doesn’t seem to be one you can pick up second hand. Any opinions out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

kaka2001 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, long time lurker on this forum. I’m thinking of finally taking my first steps into the watch market this year (discounting my Apple Watch!).

I love the grand Seiko SBGA283G. Purely cosmetic, I don’t know the first thing about watch mechanics. It doesn’t seem to be one you can pick up second hand. Any opinions out there?

To be honest you can’t go wrong with a Grand Seiko , the finish in them is top class really , one of the best around for price . I am selling a mint Omega railmaster 1957 trilogy if interested. It’s up on adverts currently

kaka2001 wrote: »

A nice watch but I would go into Weirs and try on on first, make sure you are happy with the watch, online everything is about the dial and the tiny finishing you cant see, dropping big dosh you need to be happy with the entire watch. Loads second hand on chrono24. That site offers buyer protection and holds funds in escrow so its quite safe.

https://www.chrono24.com/seiko/seiko-grand-seiko-heritage-spring-drive--id7729510.htm#gref

A nice watch but I would go into Weirs and try on on first, make sure you are happy with the watch, online everything is about the dial and the tiny finishing you cant see, dropping big dosh you need to be happy with the entire watch. Loads second hand on chrono24. That site offers buyer protection and holds funds in escrow so its quite safe.

https://www.chrono24.com/seiko/seiko-grand-seiko-heritage-spring-drive--id7729510.htm#gref

I would say if you intend selling it will be harder to move on a grand seiko in Ireland and now with Brexit uk selling is trickier. Omega (some) and any Rolex will be far easier to move on if you intend trading it down the road. I’ve bought off chrono once and experience was great. I had to specify the watch was as expected when it arrived to me before they released the funds to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Thanks. It certainly would be best to wait for Weirs to re-open, just need to be patient!

Had not really thought of reselling but Omega and Rolex are pushing me into a higher price category. The SBGA283G is coming in new around €3.3k on Chrono24, couldn't see any used models

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

If anyone's looking for an SKX007 I've one up on adverts, has flat sapphire and original Hardlex incl. Discount for anyone here as usual. Can do €220 posted.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-skx007k/22056538

david wrote: »
    If anyone's looking for an SKX007 I've one up on adverts, has flat sapphire and original Hardlex incl. Discount for anyone here as usual. Can do €220 posted.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-skx007k/22056538

Tempted to buy for another mod project :)

Tentatively listing my Stowa Marine 40 here, pending the closure on a deal for a replacement. Honestly one of the best watches I've owned. Rock solid reliability and it's ran +10 seconds over the last week. A true forum darling, full ownership history between a few parishioners here.

Full set with outer box, Stowa nappa strap 9/10, excellent condition - few hairlines and tiny dings etc to be expected of a 1.5yr old watch worn regularly. Buttery smooth 2804-2 hand cranker, blued screws, the works. There's a few months left on manufacturers 2yr warranty.

Price/pictures on request - PM me. Happy to pass on the same fantastic deal 893bet did for me and include registered postage to ROI. Would much prefer to keep a watch with this history on the forum as opposed to adverts.

539156.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

**** it I am tempted.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    **** it I am tempted.
    Haha - every sale of this watch should include a mandatory buy-back clause, I just know I'll deeply regret it if I sell :pac:

I don't think any other watch on the planet will give you this amount of bang for buck/quality of finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

david wrote: »

I don't think any other watch on the planet will give you this amount of bang for buck/quality of finishing.

Cant argue with that! One of the few watches that far exceeded my expectations. Hope some one jumps on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I'm putting my Omega Seamaster up for sale (kinda reluctantly, but anyway...).

A8ltMhc.jpg

Link here: https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean/22649498

Absolute preference for doing a nice deal for someone on here. It's always been a pleasure buying and selling from forum members.

Bit of a broken record. If anyone has a speedmaster moonwatch hesalite they thinking of selling let me know. I parted with mine back in November and it’s been bugging me ever since.

I know that feeling. I'm on my third one.
    Bit of a broken record. If anyone has a speedmaster moonwatch hesalite they thinking of selling let me know. I parted with mine back in November and it’s been bugging me ever since.

Maybe try remember why you sold it in the first place, very likely to repeat.

Good point but I think I sold mine before accepting that it is ok to fall in and out with your watches occasionally. Even if it stays in the drawer for a few months, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll never like it again.

I wanted to raise some cash and figured it be easy to replace. You reckoned I got a great price for it at 3k but struggling to see many options out there for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I wanted to raise some cash and figured it be easy to replace. You reckoned I got a great price for it at 3k but struggling to see many options out there for the same

Send a what’s app to Thomas , he found me one for €3k big box version within a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

scwazrh wrote: »
    Send a what’s app to Thomas , he found me one for €3k big box version within a week

That's probably why he gave me a good trade in on mine :D

Advertisement