Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What the hell?! Have never seen anything like that, hope it doesn't catch on! Are all your friends teenage boys? (early teens at that)

Are we talking about the poo or the status?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Grayson wrote: »
    Are we talking about the poo or the status?

Now, which do you think..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

What the hell?! Have never seen anything like that, hope it doesn't catch on! Are all your friends teenage boys? (early teens at that)
    Worse, undergraduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Fish have more rights than us. I think, ya know, rights come in numbers don't they, if ya know what i mean. Like if there's one of ya shouting, people go, 'Oh He's a right mong. Shut up' or whatever. If there's loads of you shouting they go, Shut the **** up and listen to them. See What they've got to say' And that's what i mean about fish. But what i mean is... i don't know what i mean." ahaha LOL xx ♥

???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

???

That is amazing, more updates from that person please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

???

How many 'likes' did that get? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jernal wrote: »

a good point though nonetheless if you think about it

Jernal wrote: »

2, plus three comments:

You pissed babe lol xxxx

I get ya lol ;) xxx

I don't!! Lol must b my wine! Must check the date ;-) !! Lol
    Sinfonia wrote: »
    That is amazing, more updates from that person please!

I actually think every status I've posted in this thread is from this individual, but I'll throw up a few of the best:
    Honest ta God some people need a box in the head like...Anytime sumit tragic happens ya'll get some mong posting it and adding on more for a bit of notice you've no idea what really happened so zip it lol ..That woman died in pain and agony....God bless her :-( A bit of privacy and respect is what she and her family needs....Cop on ya innocent fools ya :-( x ♥
    There is 2 things I can't stand.... #1People pretending ta be your friends and.... #2 Nosey people that don't know how to stay out of your ****in business. Really!!! like :-O .... You should stick to what ya know better and that is hiding behind a computer screen x ♥ :(
    Take my kindness for strength, not weakness. It takes a strong person to be kind to Eejitts... xx ♥
    Silver medal??...Well fairplay ta JohnJoe Nevin he done us Irish proud...he done he's best...so less of the slaggin I'm sure half of ye couldn't beat ****e off a stick..ya :-) lol
    I Don't have time 2 hate people who hate me, coz i'm too busy loving people who love me!!!
    Being respected is more important than been beautiful, anyone agree?
    "Today I realised that the one person I can trust is myself.. I just found out that I was just an option for someone else's boredom all along" how twisted is that. Well I hope they have a great ****in life.. Because they defo won't be hearing from me again...I'm no fool:-)..P.S you know who ya are :-\"
    I may not be your kind of beautiful;-).But I'm my kind of beautiful and Thats all that really matters..♥
    I like wen I fart in the bath and see all the big bubbles come up

On a page appealing for help in locating a missing young man:
    "Come home _____, it's too wet out there tonight!"
    "What date does New years day fall on?

Friend 1: nexted sunday hun

Friend 2: ‎1st of january, same as every other year.

OP: So if it hits 12,oclock on the 31st its new years day..

OP: ‎"Thanx Friend 1 its was the date I was lookin for sweetie..

Friend 1: 1 st off january

Friend 2: Yes OP. Dec 31st is New Years Eve (the eve of the New Year) The following day is the first day of the new year, hence New Years Day.

OP: "Thank's I'm well pleased now...everyone was telling me different days and dates...:-)
    OP'S FRIEND: Its been a very mild winter which means a load of flies this year that need killing !

OP: Flies are not Animals OP'S FRIEND:....they are insects!

OP'S FRIEND: So Cats and Dogs are not animals, they are mammals ???

OP: No!!!! whales and dolphins are mammals...Cats and dogs are Animals...

OP'S FRIEND:: OP WHAT ARE YOU ON !!! LOL Animals are any living things other than plants, from some Bacteria to ourselves, human beings !!! Birds, Mammals, Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians etc. etc. are all animals !

OP: Ya I know but these are not the kind of animals that get beaten or abandoned by stupid people....every body kills a fly or any insect,,,, there is no law to say save the flies like....I haven't see or heard protesters or animal activists..Saying same the bacteria..ha.....Thats what I'm on about OP'S FRIEND:.....!

OP'S FRIEND: Unfortunately you don't get protesters and animal rights activists saying "Save the bacteria or save the creepy crawlies" because most of them are not trying to protest about cruelty to animals, just the ones that they like. Fighting for the rights of animals everywhere should mean just that and not just the cute cuddly ones. And any animal that comes into my house making a buzzing sound and annoying certainly stands the chance of getting a beating or being gassed! LOL

OP'S FRIEND: I AM NOT IN FAVOUR OF BLATANT CRUELTY TO ANIMALS !! before anyone jumps on me for that. I'm just making the point that self survival has to come first. We have to eat for one, so yes, we do kill animals to survive (unless you're a vegitarian, and there's nothing wrong with that). If a tiger's hungry and you happen to walk passed be sure he'll eat you .... Self survival, its the rule of the animal kingdom.

OP: Ya I get your point...Im talking about animals ,mammals, epecially Cats dogs all Gods creatures...You know me OP'S FRIEND:...

Ya know sumit people take ya for granted,make ya feel like yer a game and play around with yer feelings thinking yer a Mong like ....well *hello* I'm not a ****in game and I'm no mong like..ya!..and I wasn't made in China...like .and that last time I looked Fisher Price wasn't stamped on my arse..so here's a bit of advice goway ya gomey and find someone else to make ya happy ya!!..:-/
    Awww I'd love ta be a farmer coz I love baby sheep I would love ta jump the stone walls and cuddle a little baby sheep they are soooo cute like xx :-)
    "My hearts broken I'm so upset...I can't even describe how I feel ...Our dog _____ died a few moments ago!!! ______ is in tears she died in he's arms on the way to the vet I'm in tears my heart is sore I'm gonna miss her so much :-(((((("

While I sympathise with the death of a dog, is there not something fundamentally wrong with someone's instantaneous reaction to the loss of their pet being to post about it on facebook?

A few hours later she reposted a very cheesy poem about dead pets, accompanied by:
    "♥ FOR _____♥.. WHO IS GONE TO RAINBOW BRIDGE MISS YOU LITTLE ONE ALWAYS!! XXX "
    Idiot: Could someone tell me who Neil Armstrong is???...was he a singer did he sing Walkin on the Moon???...I'm lost lol

Idiot's Friend 1: ‎1st man to actually walk on the moon
    2 hours ago · Like · 1

Idiot's friend 2: ur kidding lol http://en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/Neil_ArmstrongNeil Armstrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org
    Neil Alden Armstrong (born August 5, 1930) is an American former NASA astronaut,...See more
    about an hour ago · Edited · Like · 1

Idiot: Thanx Idiot's Friend 1.....
    about an hour ago via Mobile · Like · 1

Idiot: I Thought he was a singer to be honest I'm mortified :-O...
    about an hour ago via Mobile · Like

Idiot's Friend 2: old age getting to ya ha ha ha ha ha ha no first man to walk on the moon 1969 died this year , 82 years old
    about an hour ago · Edited · Like

Idiot: Sur I wasn't even born when he walked on the moon lol 2yrs old?????...:-))

Idiot: Ahahahaha...that's more like it ...82 yrs ..for a minute I seen 2yrs lol

Idiot's Friend 2: its history hun u musnt of been listening in school hehehehehe tut tut
    about an hour ago · Like · 1

Idiot's Friend 2: i ment he stepped on the moon in 1969
    about an hour ago · Like

Idiot: Never paid any attention in school I was too busy dossin I was a bad girl Science and history was a no no lol...
    about an hour ago via Mobile · Like

Idiot's Friend 2: ha ha ha there ya go very bold lol
    about an hour ago · Like

Idiot: Lol... :-))))))))

This person is in their thirties at the youngest by the way.

My apologies if this post makes the thread explode due to its concentrated stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Do ye no what gets on my bk the tiny little plp with there tiny little mine talking about plp thay would wont to have a go look at themslef befor talking about outher plp.

This found its way onto my newsfeed.

It speaks for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

padd b1975 wrote: »

It speaks for itself.

Those dwarves are some hypocrites alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Some of y'all have some real fvcked up friends! :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

padd b1975 wrote: »

It speaks for itself.

I kept reading "plp" as "pulp" and got very confused :pac: Surely "ppl" is the short version of people?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In a way, Facebook serves an important purpose, as it serves as a handy warning to you of who to avoid being friends with, or indeed extending the gene pool with. If people know that someone else is an absolute moron from their statuses, and still insists with association with them, well there was no hope for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Some of y'all have some real fvcked up friends! :eek:
    In a way, Facebook serves an important purpose, as it serves as a handy warning to you of who to avoid being friends with, or indeed extending the gene pool with. If people know that someone else is an absolute moron from their statuses, and still insists with association with them, well there was no hope for them anyway.
    It only appeared there because one of my friends commented on it.

Honestly!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

In fairness, this thread is nothing if not entertaining. I wish I was Facebook friends with some of the above-quoted "people".

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

???

That's a Karl Pilkington classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbiTWpz0FBk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭emuhead

A photo a day, numbered by day, of the final year (all 365 days) coming up to a 'landmark' birthday. :rolleyes: Thank God for the 'hide from newsfeed' function!:D

That's a Karl Pilkington classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbiTWpz0FBk

Ah, that makes sense. Frighteningly, it actually seemed too intelligent to have been written by the person who posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

For those of you who slate facebook it's not all bad.

I've just found out that a lad i went to school with 26 years ago likes toblerones.....now who says it's a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

mfceiling wrote: »
    For those of you who slate facebook it's not all bad.

I've just found out that a lad i went to school with 26 years ago likes toblerones.....now who says it's a waste of time.
    Is his name Alan Partridge by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Someone just shared this on Facebook... I despair of the human race.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26658_315457528567368_1172672228_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Someone just shared this on Facebook... I despair of the human race.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26658_315457528567368_1172672228_n.jpg

somebody be trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

DrumSteve wrote: »
    somebody be trolling.

Who was trolling me or the women who posted it on FB? The women who shared it on FB wouldn't know what trolling is or get involved in it - she probably thought she was being profound and politically correct.

But jeez - that is bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3859/49443942.png

Screenshot of my news feed. Best part is yer man is a pure waster :rolleyes:

The suggested background music adds to the effect, give it a try :D had to like that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I don't understand the outright hatred directed towards people posting pictures of food on Facebook.

If it's interesting and pleasant looking food then I see no issue and it's often a means to find out about nice restaurants or recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

smokedeels wrote: »
    I don't understand the outright hatred directed towards people posting pictures of food on Facebook.

If it's interesting and pleasant looking food then I see no issue and it's often a means to find out about nice restaurants or recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cooliotheboya

Shaggy Boii
    Went in (insert name of nightclub here) galway city 2nite they put on banging tunes i do bit dancin they tell me stop i sit down step they tell me get up i jumps in middle dancefloor they told me stop jumpin then i went over corner had quiet buzz bouncer tells me calm down i told him **** off leave me alone the retard and he kicks me out y wld people go niteclub were u cant dance have craic nothing anybody goes that place future is dope it not niteclub its a fukin ****hole peaceout
    Like · · Share · 6 hours ago via Mobile ·

This is from Irelands top party animal and buzzer.
    https://www.facebook.com/shaggy.boii.1
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shaggy-boii/473808679306916?fref=ts

Hes reached maximum friends but has installed a subscription service so more can keep up to date with his updates. His fan page is doing very well also. Both well worth a follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Genuine question: Is he mentally retarded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

I feel compelled to vent my anger on this thread. A complete idiot I know destroys my Facebook timeline with hashtags, the word "bants" & ridiculous statements about sport you wouldn't see from a fella.

"Black Ops 2 waiting on a pizza followed by drinks and bants later with da crew woop....****in' yesss — with ****** *******."

"It's just gone half 9 and i'm in bed! #whathashappenedtome"

"sure it wudnt be a proper day of the FEAR and hangover without the usual wtf why did u ring me 9 times lst ni bahahahaha sum people need a sense of humour or i dunno maybe answer ur fone the first time saving me dialling another 8 times... KK 2ni = WINNING #hopetogodhedntcheckhisvoicemail"

"Serious night at ************* gaff last night. can never go wrong with beer pong even if it's bav mixed with vodka & captain!haha! Some long overdue catch ups were had! :D #ivehadmyfunandthatsallthatmatters"

*Not as ridiculous as some of the comments people have put up on here but this idiot does my head in with her hashtag status updates & overuse of the word "bants".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement