Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I was in Gamestop Clarehall and they said they are getting more stock this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Since the launch of PlayStation 4, more than 100 million players have come together to share incredible stories, experience countless adventures, and create life-long memories in a generation of unforgettable PS4 games.

To celebrate our fans, we’re calling on the PlayStation community to join together to play toward a shared set of goals and win exclusive PS4 Themes and PSN avatars. Sign-ups start today and the program ends when all goals are reached (or 15th March, whichever happens first). By signing up, you’ll also have a chance to win a PlayStation kit, which includes a real-life PlayStation Platinum Trophy engraved with your PSN ID

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/02/18/join-the-playstation-player-celebration-to-win-exclusive-prizes/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

saw this yesterday, i'm computer stupid so didn't know about it but it works
    there was one heart stopping moment when I thought I had to reinstall 153 GBs of call of duty but it was a false alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »

saw this yesterday, i'm computer stupid so didn't know about it but it works
    there was one heart stopping moment when I thought I had to reinstall 153 GBs of call of duty but it was a false alarm

Thanks man, mine took 6 minutes and noticeably faster on the xmb but i think my fan has quietened down a bit as well. Suspiciously quiet testing The Division 2 after doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone does rebuild their PS4 database you should know that it removes association with folders for any external storage games, and if a folder only had games that were on an external drive then it deletes that folder. Doesn't delete the games just messes up folders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have used the back button attachment for about 2 hours since getting it, finding it tough to get used to but I'm sure itll get easier as I use it more.

I find the buttons very sensitive, and find that the right paddle is a lot easier to use than the left one, because of how I hold my controller.

Looking forward to putting in some hours with it to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Well lads, I bought my son modern warfare via download through his account on PSN. Can I also play it via my account on same playstation. Im not logged in on his PS, I have an account but not played in years, original mw player back in the day.....if I login , I suppose I'll have to pony extra to play online not to ruin his stats 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Well lads, I bought my son modern warfare via download through his account on PSN. Can I also play it via my account on same playstation. Im not logged in on his PS, I have an account but not played in years, original mw player back in the day.....if I login , I suppose I'll have to pony extra to play online not to ruin his stats ��

You can.

Does your son have PS+?
    If so, you don't need a separate sub to play onlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can.

Does your son have PS+?

Yeah, set up your console as the primary console for both accounts and you can use his ps+.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Does your son have PS+?
    Yeah, set up your console as the primary console for both accounts and you can use his ps+.

So as long as one account on a PS4 is a PS+ subscriber, other (non PS+) accounts can play online too?

I did not know that.

So as long as one account on a PS4 is a PS+ subscriber, other (non PS+) accounts can play online too?

I did not know that.

Only the accounts that have the console set as primary, if the account is not set as primary PS+ is not shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Nice one lads, thanks for confirming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

System Software 7.50 Beta invites going out at the moment.

No indication of new features yet but it notes that it does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period. These are smaller quality-of-life and performance fixes.

System Software 7.50 Beta invites going out at the moment.

No indication of new features yet but it notes that it does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period. These are smaller quality-of-life and performance fixes.

just got the email too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got it as well, if it bricks my ps4 before the division expansion, I'll kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone see those dual shock 4 back buttons lately, can't find them and no longer on gamestop website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone see those dual shock 4 back buttons lately, can't find them and no longer on gamestop website.

Seem to be out of stock everywhere yeah. They are priced at mad money on amazon and GAME, not sure whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If my thumbsticks keep drifting is the controller covered by warranty? I bought it just after death stranding was released...

If my thumbsticks keep drifting is the controller covered by warranty? I bought it just after death stranding was released...

Yeah, should be warranty is 2 years and that is a part failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does anyone else PS4 say they’re online watching Netflix when they’re not? My PS4 is turned off in rest mode but it’s showing on my nephews friends list that I’m online watching Netflix, it was doing this last week too for my brother but my PS4 was fully shut down then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Will GTA6 come out on the PS4 or will it be a PS5 exclusive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

mondeo wrote: »
    Will GTA6 come out on the PS4 or will it be a PS5 exclusive ?

No chance. Sure it hasn't even been announced yet. I'd say it's at least a good 2 years away.

weiland79 wrote: »
    No chance. Sure it hasn't even been announced yet. I'd say it's at least a good 2 years away.

Surprised GTA5 came out on PS3 so I was thinking GTA6 might make a release on PS4. I know the PS4 is ancient now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

5 was released before the PS4 after being delayed, which is why it was so close to the PS4 release. Then it was an enhanced version that came to PS4

CastorTroy wrote: »
    5 was released before the PS4 after being delayed, which is why it was so close to the PS4 release. Then it was an enhanced version that came to PS4

GTA5 online still works on PS3, It hadn't been updated in years but people are still using it. It's very bare bones in comparison to GTA5 online on PS4. PS3 and PS4 players are using different servers so they are not thrown into the same map.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking we need Kevin Butler back for PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Gonna get a PS4 pro to pass this time over the next few weeks. Have an Xbox one but the game list is shocking.

Any recommendations for the best value deal online or in store?

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Gonna get a PS4 pro to pass this time over the next few weeks. Have an Xbox one but the game list is shocking.

Any recommendations for the best value deal online or in store?

I would advise just getting Game Pass on the Xbox if you do not have it already.

As for a PS4 pro, CEX sell them second hand for €300 and provide a 2 year warranty. I wouldn't buy a Pro full price atm with the 5 out later this year.

Advertisement