Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sidford wrote: »
      GameStop now taking pre orders for controller back button if anyone's interested. €30

Anyone picked one up yet?
      Very tempted to try get one later as I will be passing by a gamestop.

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Damien360

coolisin wrote: »

What’s its use ? I struggle enough with the buttons on it now without having to retrain my brain.

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

coolisin wrote: »

Picked one up at lunch time. Will try it out later after work.

1. Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Damien360 wrote: »
          What’s its use ? I struggle enough with the buttons on it now without having to retrain my brain.

You can map 2 buttons to it, for example in FPS games you can set 1 to crouch/prone and 1 to reload.

Can be handy to go prone quickly when in a gun fight.

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does it replace the existing button or is it just an alternate.
          Like if I assign crouch to it, would L3 still crouch?
          Basically will it stop those annoying times I accidentally press L3 or R3? Will it stop me trying to aim at someone's head only to then reload and mess it all up?

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
          Does it replace the existing button or is it just an alternate.
          Like if I assign crouch to it, would L3 still crouch?
          Basically will it stop those annoying times I accidentally press L3 or R3? Will it stop me trying to aim at someone's head only to then reload and mess it all up?

Alternative. You can map any button to the two paddles. 6ou lose the aux charge point on the bottom of the pad though if you use it.

4. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was a day 1 with this, basically for CoD, and while it would be beneficial, I haven't taken the splash as I really don't think (at this stage) it would be of much benefit. Really should have had 4 buttons...

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Doesnt seem to be in stock in Dublin anywhere...will probably have to order online.

6. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
          Doesnt seem to be in stock in Dublin anywhere...will probably have to order online.

Seems to have been switched to online only by GameStop, €33.50 including shipping. It is £26 plus shipping from Game so would still be cheaper in GameStop.

7. Advertisement
        8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Seems to have been switched to online only by GameStop, €33.50 including shipping. It is £26 plus shipping from Game so would still be cheaper in GameStop.

Just ordered anyway. They were showing as in stock in a couple of other counties, but now that seems to be removed.

9. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I was in Gamestop Clarehall and they said they are getting more stock this week.

10. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,111 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Since the launch of PlayStation 4, more than 100 million players have come together to share incredible stories, experience countless adventures, and create life-long memories in a generation of unforgettable PS4 games.

To celebrate our fans, we’re calling on the PlayStation community to join together to play toward a shared set of goals and win exclusive PS4 Themes and PSN avatars. Sign-ups start today and the program ends when all goals are reached (or 15th March, whichever happens first). By signing up, you’ll also have a chance to win a PlayStation kit, which includes a real-life PlayStation Platinum Trophy engraved with your PSN ID

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/02/18/join-the-playstation-player-celebration-to-win-exclusive-prizes/

11. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

saw this yesterday, i'm computer stupid so didn't know about it but it works
          there was one heart stopping moment when I thought I had to reinstall 153 GBs of call of duty but it was a false alarm

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »

saw this yesterday, i'm computer stupid so didn't know about it but it works
          there was one heart stopping moment when I thought I had to reinstall 153 GBs of call of duty but it was a false alarm

Thanks man, mine took 6 minutes and noticeably faster on the xmb but i think my fan has quietened down a bit as well. Suspiciously quiet testing The Division 2 after doing it.

13. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone does rebuild their PS4 database you should know that it removes association with folders for any external storage games, and if a folder only had games that were on an external drive then it deletes that folder. Doesn't delete the games just messes up folders.

14. Advertisement
        15. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have used the back button attachment for about 2 hours since getting it, finding it tough to get used to but I'm sure itll get easier as I use it more.

I find the buttons very sensitive, and find that the right paddle is a lot easier to use than the left one, because of how I hold my controller.

Looking forward to putting in some hours with it to get used to.

16. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,111 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

17. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Well lads, I bought my son modern warfare via download through his account on PSN. Can I also play it via my account on same playstation. Im not logged in on his PS, I have an account but not played in years, original mw player back in the day.....if I login , I suppose I'll have to pony extra to play online not to ruin his stats 😂

18. Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Stuxnet wrote: »
          Well lads, I bought my son modern warfare via download through his account on PSN. Can I also play it via my account on same playstation. Im not logged in on his PS, I have an account but not played in years, original mw player back in the day.....if I login , I suppose I'll have to pony extra to play online not to ruin his stats ��

You can.

Does your son have PS+?
          If so, you don't need a separate sub to play onlie.

19. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

F1ngers wrote: »
          You can.

Does your son have PS+?

Yeah, set up your console as the primary console for both accounts and you can use his ps+.

20. Advertisement
        21. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

F1ngers wrote: »
          Does your son have PS+?
          Yeah, set up your console as the primary console for both accounts and you can use his ps+.

So as long as one account on a PS4 is a PS+ subscriber, other (non PS+) accounts can play online too?

I did not know that.

22. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So as long as one account on a PS4 is a PS+ subscriber, other (non PS+) accounts can play online too?

I did not know that.

Only the accounts that have the console set as primary, if the account is not set as primary PS+ is not shared.

23. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Nice one lads, thanks for confirming

24. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

System Software 7.50 Beta invites going out at the moment.

No indication of new features yet but it notes that it does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period. These are smaller quality-of-life and performance fixes.

25. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,111 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

System Software 7.50 Beta invites going out at the moment.

No indication of new features yet but it notes that it does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period. These are smaller quality-of-life and performance fixes.

just got the email too

26. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got it as well, if it bricks my ps4 before the division expansion, I'll kill someone.

27. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone see those dual shock 4 back buttons lately, can't find them and no longer on gamestop website.

28. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Varik wrote: »
          Anyone see those dual shock 4 back buttons lately, can't find them and no longer on gamestop website.

Seem to be out of stock everywhere yeah. They are priced at mad money on amazon and GAME, not sure whats going on.

29. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If my thumbsticks keep drifting is the controller covered by warranty? I bought it just after death stranding was released...

30. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If my thumbsticks keep drifting is the controller covered by warranty? I bought it just after death stranding was released...

Yeah, should be warranty is 2 years and that is a part failure.

31. Advertisement
        32. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does anyone else PS4 say they’re online watching Netflix when they’re not? My PS4 is turned off in rest mode but it’s showing on my nephews friends list that I’m online watching Netflix, it was doing this last week too for my brother but my PS4 was fully shut down then.

33. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

34. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Will GTA6 come out on the PS4 or will it be a PS5 exclusive ?

35. Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

mondeo wrote: »
          Will GTA6 come out on the PS4 or will it be a PS5 exclusive ?

No chance. Sure it hasn't even been announced yet. I'd say it's at least a good 2 years away.

36. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

weiland79 wrote: »
          No chance. Sure it hasn't even been announced yet. I'd say it's at least a good 2 years away.

Surprised GTA5 came out on PS3 so I was thinking GTA6 might make a release on PS4. I know the PS4 is ancient now.

37. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

5 was released before the PS4 after being delayed, which is why it was so close to the PS4 release. Then it was an enhanced version that came to PS4

38. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

CastorTroy wrote: »
          5 was released before the PS4 after being delayed, which is why it was so close to the PS4 release. Then it was an enhanced version that came to PS4

GTA5 online still works on PS3, It hadn't been updated in years but people are still using it. It's very bare bones in comparison to GTA5 online on PS4. PS3 and PS4 players are using different servers so they are not thrown into the same map.

39. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking we need Kevin Butler back for PS5

40. Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Gonna get a PS4 pro to pass this time over the next few weeks. Have an Xbox one but the game list is shocking.

Any recommendations for the best value deal online or in store?

41. Advertisement
        42. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GooglePlus wrote: »
          Gonna get a PS4 pro to pass this time over the next few weeks. Have an Xbox one but the game list is shocking.

Any recommendations for the best value deal online or in store?

I would advise just getting Game Pass on the Xbox if you do not have it already.

As for a PS4 pro, CEX sell them second hand for €300 and provide a 2 year warranty. I wouldn't buy a Pro full price atm with the 5 out later this year.

43. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Buying a console for a few weeks of downtime isn't a great return.

Either get the Xbox pass or the EA one.

44. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hi all, hope you can help and question is in correct thread.
          My young lad has a PS4 pro since January 2019.
          Plays fortnite. That's really all. One day the controller wouldn't play in game. It would navigate to the game screen but that's it. Googling brought me to the small reset button.
          Did that but L2 would no longer work.
          Got second controller in January 2020. Worked for 6 weeks then same problem. Got another last week and it's happened again.
          I've taken the old one apart. Clean as a whistle. Put tissue in behind the L2 as seen on YouTube but no joy.
          We seem fairly unique in this problem. Has anyone else had this happen??
          Thanks

45. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Plug the controllers into a PC and bring up the controller settings, if you're on windows 10 you should just need to hit the windows key and type controller. select the controller and hit properties.

Should be able to see if L2 is giving an output there. it won't be named L2 it'll be button number something but if you hit it it should light up on the controller settings.

Unlikely you've 3 controllers go, might be a issue with the console. Do these controllers have a light on the top as well as the back or just the back. if it has 2 lights then it's a V2 and you could try using it wired to the PS4 to rule out any Bluetooth issues. you'd need to go onto settings on the PS4 but I can't remember where it is, might be under devices & then controllers or something.

46. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Varik wrote: »
          Plug the controllers into a PC and bring up the controller settings, if you're on windows 10 you should just need to hit the windows key and type controller. select the controller and hit properties.

Should be able to see if L2 is giving an output there. it won't be named L2 it'll be button number something but if you hit it it should light up on the controller settings.

Unlikely you've 3 controllers go, might be a issue with the console. Do these controllers have a light on the top as well as the back or just the back. if it has 2 lights then it's a V2 and you could try using it wired to the PS4 to rule out any Bluetooth issues. you'd need to go onto settings on the PS4 but I can't remember where it is, might be under devices & then controllers or something.

Thanks for the reply, yeah it's very strange.
          Will try plug it in at work(well hopefully).
          It's the 2 light controller.

47. Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

I signed up for The Game Collection website, but they don't seem to allow any country in the address other than United Kingdom. They say they ship worldwide though. Am I missing something? Thanks.

48. Advertisement
        49. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

Rdwrer wrote: »
          I signed up for The Game Collection website, but they don't seem to allow any country in the address other than United Kingdom. They say they ship worldwide though. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Surely that's a question for them, and not a generic PlayStation thread on a completely unrelated site?

Having nagged you about that, I think you're out of luck:
          https://www.thegamecollection.net/help/delivery/destinations/

50. Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Thanks. That explains it then.

51. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Surely that's a question for them, and not a generic PlayStation thread on a completely unrelated site?

Having nagged you about that, I think you're out of luck:
          https://www.thegamecollection.net/help/delivery/destinations/

That's odd. I only made an order on Thursday and was delivered on Monday. Shipping to here is usually £2.

52. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks. That explains it then.

I tweeted them about it, they said there will be announcement today about it. No deliveries outside uk for time being because of coronavirus.

53. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Use parcel motel.

54. Advertisement
        Advertisement