Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well my Pro seems to have developed the really loud fan issue,playing a bit of Warzone and God of War recently and the noise makes them unplayable for me without headphones. It's actually ridiculous.

PS4 Pro paired with a 4K is just a bad combo.

Have you cleared out the air intakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well my Pro seems to have developed the really loud fan issue,playing a bit of Warzone and God of War recently and the noise makes them unplayable for me without headphones. It's actually ridiculous.

PS4 Pro paired with a 4K is just a bad combo.

Very random games for me. FIFA gets really loud only as the cut screens appear with player animation picking up the ball to go to the field. After that it’s fine. God of War has no issue. BFV has issues if I go to store content area and the pro gets loud again. Load screen for DIRT2 is bad but in game is fine.

My pro is under the TV in a cabinet with air flow to the rear. Very little dust build up on its surface. Fans look clear. Wiped fans with a paint brush but still noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id givin the vents a bit of a clean awile ago,have a good set of anti static brushes for that . I now reckon ill be taking the top off to give it a further clean,see what the cooler fan looks like but having a quick look online suggests theres not a major amount that can be done,even tim replacement doesnt really do enough.

Id never really had the problem till recently,might be the games ive played as it does seem to be situational ie game dependent. It always got loud in certain games,non V sync'd menus/maps being the issues mostly but was fine in game.

I honestly could not play God of War without a headset,console is just way to loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Division 2 is another loud one and final fantasy 7 drives it mad as well. Only thing left for me to do is apply new thermal paste but i don't want to chance that in case i brick the machine before tlou 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Long shot. My dualshock has packed in. Trigger R2 not working. Any idea where I'd get one during this pandemic??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Long shot. My dualshock has packed in. Trigger R2 not working. Any idea where I'd get one during this pandemic??

does button not work at all or is spring just gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Fairly new to the PS scene and didn't know about PSDLE. Thanks to you both!

P.S Any other essential addons, sites etc? I already use psprices.com and press-start.com.

All the PS Apps available on your phone, you can use remote play to see your ps screen on your phone, although the app isn't great.

Varik wrote:
    does button not work at all or is spring just gone?

My one year old got hold if it and threw it on hard floor. Looks to be in ****e. Button is pressing as it should however not transmitting to game at all.

My one year old got hold if it and threw it on hard floor. Looks to be in ****e. Button is pressing as it should however not transmitting to game at all.

I feel your pain man, i have to hide mine from my 2 year old but it's taken some knocks.
    Before getting a new one, try opening it up and see if any parts went out of place or looks different to this video.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I feel your pain man, i have to hide mine from my 2 year old but it's taken some knocks. Before getting a new one, try opening it up and see if any parts went out of place or looks different to this video.

Thanks Zero I'll give it a shot.

• Advertisement

Open it up and see if the button looks damaged and then turn it on and see it pressing the little silicon button does that still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I had a controller which I got with my PS4 Pro, the sticks where randomly causing movement issues its less than 6months old (assuming it is my latest black controller).. Tried blowing into it, and pressing the sticks and moving around from a video tutorial I found, the whole controller won't turn on anymore even after resetting..

Would I be best to try open it up and fix it? Or should I wait till after this and return it?.

Alot of my controllers seem to be messing up for aiming I have similar situation with my orange controller I got with my Pro, I assume this is from playing too much Warzone and constantly trying to run...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have a controller which I got with my PS4 Pro, the sticks where randomly causing movement issues its less than 6months old (assuming it is my latest black controller).. Tried blowing into it, and pressing the sticks and moving around from a video tutorial I found, the whole controller won't turn on anymore even after resetting..

Would I be best to try open it up and fix it? Or should I wait till after this and return it?.

Alot of my controllers seem to be messing up for aiming I have similar situation with my orange controller I got with my Pro, I assume this is from playing too much Warzone and constantly trying to run...

Go for a warranty repair for sure. I'd start that process now, so there's a record of the fault inside the warranty period.

They may try to call it "wear and tear"... but you'd expect it to last more than six months regardless.

I have a controller which I got with my PS4 Pro, the sticks where randomly causing movement issues its less than 6months old (assuming it is my latest black controller).. Tried blowing into it, and pressing the sticks and moving around from a video tutorial I found, the whole controller won't turn on anymore even after resetting..

For the sticks I'd say it is just dirt, you can open it without removing any stickers. spray of wd40 into it and move it about for a bit.
    511835.jpg

As for the fact it won't turn on I'd say that's the battery is dead and the crappy micro USB or the cable or a combination is finicky/faulty. the plastic around the port on the DS doesn't help, as it's not flush.

I've a bunch of USB cable but a lot of them would have a very loose connection especially with a worn port that's used a lot like the DS.

Wouldn't bother doing anything to repair it yourself until you see if you can get it powered on. Would say it's just a poor connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

New State of Play this Thursday, 9PM Irish time. Dedicated to Ghost of Tsushima

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Currently using my brothers official PS4 headset in my PS4 pro..it's years old now and not really soundproof.

Would you guys have any other suggestions? Looking to upgrade for better sound quality and an advantage..I would be mostly playing Warzone. €100 or so budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Anyone having issues signing into PSN? I can't sign into it via any website associated with PlayStation.

I can't sign into the official website, nor the store, nor PSN Profiles or PlayStation trophies, or any app on my phone. No matter what account I try to sign in with.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno if this is right plsce to post this but....

Decided to buy a headset for me ps4 haven't had one in years. Bought the hyperx cloud alpha so was using it there for half hour or so. Trying to get used to how to position it on my head and I didn't have it up to high or anything but my eyes where just starting to get tired and little sore. Is this normal? I mean I could be actually just a bit tired as well ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Currently using my brothers official PS4 headset in my PS4 pro..it's years old now and not really soundproof.

Would you guys have any other suggestions? Looking to upgrade for better sound quality and an advantage..I would be mostly playing Warzone. €100 or so budget.

Are you using the Gold one? If so then I'm recommend the Platinum one, which is around €130 or so. Much better quality than the Gold one, both in build and sound quality

I'm sure others might have more relevant newer headsets that will be better spec'd but I really like these

• Advertisement

Problem with either of the offical headsets are they're tied to the USB dongle which you can't replace easily other than buying a used one.

Varik wrote: »
    Problem with either of the offical headsets are they're tied to the USB dongle which you can't replace easily other than buying a used one.

Thats true, they cant be used wirelessly on anything else either, and part of me wouldnt be surprised if they weren’t compatible with the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The ones I'm using don't have Any model number or a anything to indicate what they're called. But I found them in the link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ps4+official+headset&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&source=android-browser&prmd=isnv&sxsrf=ALeKk01jc2ABwguST2OtWJSWNrHxJbwqiw:1589533019574&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_1_X3v7XpAhVIWRUIHXbyBZ8Q_AUoAXoECBIQAQ&biw=360&bih=632&dpr=3#imgrc=9F4vkyEygmx5kM

I'm ok if they don't work on anything but the PlayStation, I don't plan to use them for anything else. But I plan to get a PS5 on launch so that would be a big issue if they for whatever reason wouldn't work on it

Thats the Gold one like I was on about, the Platinum one is just a better version of that one

I mean I'd like to think it'll work with the PS5, there's no good reason as of now it won't I'm maybe being a bit cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got the 'New' Gold one last year, think it was on offer for about €50 down from €90 or something like that. I find them brilliant. You can still use them via the audio jack if you lost the dongle, just wire it into the controller, but you lose the surround. They're still €90 on GameStop. The 2018 version I believe.

Living in hope that the PS5 has bluetooth as a audio option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Living in hope that the PS5 has bluetooth as a audio option.

Hopefully. Sony have acknowledged that the audio on PS4 is poor in comparison to the PS3.

Hopefully. Sony have acknowledged that the audio on PS4 is poor in comparison to the PS3.

Don't think that was in relation to connectivity, more in terns of dedicated audio processing with CELLs SPU.

Anyone make progress reducing fan noise on three ps4? I know a few people here were thinking about the new paste, compressed air, etc. Mine is going crazy and i feel it might ruin the last of us 2. Not sure whether to order some compressed air and try that first or go straight for the new cooling paste option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone make progress reducing fan noise on three ps4? I know a few people here were thinking about the new paste, compressed air, etc. Mine is going crazy and i feel it might ruin the last of us 2. Not sure whether to order some compressed air and try that first or go straight for the new cooling paste option.

I cleaned mine out with compressed air as much as possible just lifting the main cover off (not opening up the internals of the PS4). Didn't make much difference. Was going to try the thermal paste option but from what I've read since in most places, the issue is uncapped framerates in menus and some cutscenes (or transitions from cutscenes to gameplay) which cause the fans to go mental, and thermal paste won't change that.

Advertisement