Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm currently deciding between Dear Esther, Virginia and Kona but might get all 3 as they will be 11 quid in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

shuffles03 wrote:
    Any recommendations for a small indie game with a nice story? Currently playing TLOU Remastered & Red Dead 2 so want a small side game that has no killing etc just a nice & relaxing story 😂

shuffles03 wrote:
    Help me, I’ve killed so many people with baseball bats and strangled more than I care to remember.

You played firewatch? Loved it nice and relaxing but short.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d recommend Heaven’s Vault if you’re looking for a different sort of story-led game. It’s a really curious and invigorating experience: messy and under-realised in some respects, but the sheer ambition and intelligence of the work is the sort of thing you don’t see all that often. Think of it like the anti-Uncharted: purely focused on the archeology, built around a planet-hopping main story and the main gameplay hook of deciphering an ancient language.

It’s a good dozen or more hours long on a first play through (apparently NG+ comes highly recommended too) but in contrast to many games of its ilk it becomes consistently more interesting and richer the deeper you dive. Again, there are rough edges, but it’s the kind of madly over-ambitious (said as a compliment) game we don’t get too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Holy carp!! (Damn autocorrect, but I’ll leave it, carp makes me laugh), those two games look incredible!!!!

Do you have more on your list?

I’d say I’m halfway through Abzu (taking a break from TLOU) and definitely want to start games like these instead.

I’ve just come off the back of AC:Odyssey and while it was great (and I’ll return at a later date to mop up missions etc etc) I kind of want to play some alternative, bite sized games like those two.

Cheers again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Got a new external hard drive to replace a smaller one. Can I have both connected to the PS4 to swap data across to the new one?

Or is there an easier way to copy data across?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can't connect 2 extended storage HDD to a PS4 at the same time. Depending on size it could end up like the die hard water jugs going back and forth.

You'll need to move games from a HDD to the PS4 and PS4 to a HDD as you can't have both at the same time. You'll want to move all the games on the PS4 to the new HDD and then fill the PS4 up again from the old HDD and repeat until the old HDD is empty.

Could always just have both HDD and use which ever you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone recommend somewhere to get your USB sockets on controllers fixed and how much they paid? Both the ports on two controllers are banjoed and won't charge (yes I've changed cable and power source)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have you used a phone fast charge charger on them by chance?

If you have it may be you have borked the batteries in the controllers rather than the micro usb socket itself

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have you used a phone fast charge charger on them by chance?

If you have it may be you have borked the batteries in the controllers rather than the micro usb socket itself

No, it's the physical connection itself. As in if you wiggle it, you can sometimes get a connection depending on which direction the USB cable is in to the socket (there's a bit of wiggle space) but that goes once you let go

duploelabs wrote: »
    No, it's the physical connection itself. As in if you wiggle it, you can sometimes get a connection depending on which direction the USB cable is in to the socket (there's a bit of wiggle space) but that goes once you let go

I've got a low opinion of micro usb, it finicky at time if everything isn't perfect. Can't wait until USB C replaces it all.

It might just be the slight angle when the controller is left down, if you play around with it does it charge at all.

Those charging stand would keep it securely position and might help that is unless something is out and out broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    I've got a low opinion of micro usb, it finicky at time if everything isn't perfect. Can't wait until USB C replaces it all.

It might just be the slight angle when the controller is left down, if you play around with it does it charge at all.

Those charging stand would keep it securely position and might help that is unless something is out and out broken.

Get a charging stand that uses the bottom port, like the official charging stand. This way you won't need to worry about using the micro USB port.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Charging-Station/dp/B00D781PSI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2CTIVZJJMTK3Z&keywords=dualshock+4+charging+station&qid=1558784198&s=gateway&sprefix=Dualshock+4+ch%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-3

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4399023/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+CHARGER.htm

Both of these charge off the power port surrounding the headphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did not know that was an option...

Get a charging stand that uses the bottom port, like the official charging stand. This way you won't need to worry about using the micro USB port.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Charging-Station/dp/B00D781PSI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2CTIVZJJMTK3Z&keywords=dualshock+4+charging+station&qid=1558784198&s=gateway&sprefix=Dualshock+4+ch%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-3

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4399023/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+CHARGER.htm

Both of these charge off the power port surrounding the headphone jack.

Just picked one up from Argos, nice one

I did not know that was an option...

I didn't either until my brother got one for me for Christmas a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

duploelabs wrote: »

Have you tried cleaning the port with a small piece of plastic? You'd be surprised with the amount of dust that builds up in there and covers the connectors from getting a solid connection.

Just cut the plastic small enough to fit into the port and scrape out any dust from in there.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Have you tried cleaning the port with a small piece of plastic? You'd be surprised with the amount of dust that builds up in there and covers the connectors from getting a solid connection.

Just cut the plastic small enough to fit into the port and scrape out any dust from in there.
    Yep, blasted it with compressed air and swabbed it out with isopropyl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I bought an @Play wired controller in GameStop a few weeks ago and already the R2 button is gone, am I entitled to a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I bought an @Play wired controller in GameStop a few weeks ago and already the R2 button is gone, am I entitled to a refund?

Unless you broke it yourself by using it in a manner its not intended for, then yes. You'd be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

dulpit wrote: »
    Unless you broke it yourself by using it in a manner its not intended for, then yes. You'd be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund.

I was just playing Dauntless and the spring must have went on the R2 didn't drop it or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Days of Play is back again this year and runs from 7th to 17th June. Some of the deals include :
    We are also introducing a new Limited Edition Days of Play 1TB PS4 console at the promotional price of £279.99/€299.99 RRP on 7th June. The limited-edition console in Steel Black, features the iconic PlayStation shapes embossed in silver on the top surface, alongside a matching DualShock 4 wireless controller.

Other awesome deals throughout the 11 days include*:

PlayStation 4 Jet Black slim discounts, check back for more details coming soon
    PlayStation VR bundles:
    • PS VR Starter Pack for £179.99/€199.99 RRP
    • PS VR Mega Pack for for £209.99/€229.99 RRP
    • DualShock 4 and Special Edition DualShock 4 wireless controllers – from £34.99/€39.99 RRP each
    • Gold Wireless Headset for £49.99/€59.99 and Platinum Wireless Headset for £99.99/€149.99 RRP
    A wide selection of games including:
    • Days Gone for £39.99/€49.99 RRP
    • God of War for £24.99/€29.99 RRP
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man for £24.99/€29.99 RRP
    • PlayStation Hits games – selected titles for £11.99/€14.99 RRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

No mention of the Move controllers. Do they ever come down in price?

Rdwrer wrote: »
    No mention of the Move controllers. Do they ever come down in price?

Nope. They barely make enough for there to be actual stock. It's not unusual for Move controllers to be out of stock in every retailer in Europe for months at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Out of that lot id say ill pick up another new controller.

Nope. They barely make enough for there to be actual stock. It's not unusual for Move controllers to be out of stock in every retailer in Europe for months at a time.

It has been impossible to get the Move controllers, new, since about October last year. Myself and a mate bought the PSVR Starter Pack together, but I splashed on the Move controllers the same day. He didn't. He's still waiting for ANY shop in Ireland to get stock. I even reached out to PS and they said they are still making them. I suspect lots and lots of lies!

It has been impossible to get the Move controllers, new, since about October last year. Myself and a mate bought the PSVR Starter Pack together, but I splashed on the Move controllers the same day. He didn't. He's still waiting for ANY shop in Ireland to get stock. I even reached out to PS and they said they are still making them. I suspect lots and lots of lies!

Smyths and GameStop got new stock over the last few weeks, still have some too.

[url] https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation 4/Games/60702/playstation-move-twin-pack[/url]

Sweet! Just told him and he's buying now!

Forget about bitcoin, should have invested in move controllers. Bought mine a bit before release for about €6 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Days of Play is back again this year and runs from 7th to 17th June. Some of the deals include :

[/LIST]

Do they charge much for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Do they charge much for delivery?

It's more RRPs in stores than the items being sold directly so you should see the prices reflected in most of the stuff in Smyths etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Maybe there are new ones coming out shortly. That might explain the low stock numbers everywhere.

Advertisement