Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yep, that's it. You will have to restart the phone after the porting, then it should be fine.
    Thanks for info, sadly I'm down the arse end of nowhere, postie won't be around until after lunch. I'll be at work, hopefully I can get it in post office in he morning.
    Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thanks for all the help mymo - I still havent switched it on yet, Im kind of in awe of it (really Im afraid of it, my current phone is a 4 year old nokia that ever heard of a smartphone!). Would that charger cable work with the plug head of my ipad charger do you think? Thats got a usb cable that plugs into it.

Can you send someone to your house to wait for it? Thats a shame for you, I do hate missing a delivery myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

phone was waiting for me at home when i got back fromwork yesterday, it was ported incorrectly earlier in the day so a quick tweet to o2 andit was fixed in less than 5mins, all set up lovely,great phone, no lock button on the right side is a bit annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Got one of these myself yesterday but like Mymo I didn't get a tracking number.

I completed my transaction at 16.30 yesterday so I guess that it would be wishful thinking to have it today.

Looking forward to getting a play out of my new toy.

So for people who have ported with a new micro sim, how do you get your contacts into it from your old phone?

Is your old phone a smart phone?
    If so back up all your contacts to your gmail (assuming android here) and when you get new phone set up, just get your contacts from the gmail.
    I have an SE Arc, and it does it for you, go to contacts, in the menu look for send contacts, they can then be sent to email, Bluetooth, google drive, lots of other options. I'm sure there's something similar on your phone. The Htc should have an import contacts option, just choose from the options.

HTC Sync Manager does have a "Transfer My Stuff" option when it starts up. It's fairly good for transferring data from one handset to another.

Yes the transfer my stuff thing is very good, set up everything as I had it on my old phone and all contacts/music/pictures etc too

Im afraid my old phone is an ancient nokia (think its 4 years old, could be 5), so no hope on any kind of transfer unfortunately.

Ive manually copied them into a text file, Ill input them myself and do a nice cull while Im at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ive manually copied them into a text file, Ill input them myself and do a nice cull while Im at it.

In this case it would be easier to add your contacts in Gmail on a PC.

Larger, easier to use keyboard for this sort of work. And then sync the phone with your gmail account so that the contacts are copied over.

This also has the advantage that your contacts are all backed up in gmail and when you change the phone again in future, you will never have to manually edit them again.

@username123 there is a way to transfer all your contacts into outlook and then transfer them back into your HTC. Have a look through Google there should be some tutorials on how it's done.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the phone from O2? As I said I ordered it yesterday at 16.30. Is it wishful thinking on my part to hope to receive it today?

Thanks guys, I think Ill just do a manual input, I wont have that many to put in.

mickotoole, I placed the order at 5pm on Friday afternoon and the phone arrived at 8.15am this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Ordered yesterday evening, even gave the order number to someone on the live chat to check it had gone through ok, they said it had.

Just got an email to say my order has been cancelled "for security purposes" wtf O2?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone tell me how long they waited to get email to confirm order went through OK and give tracking information? Ordered in work on Canadian server hope that don't make them cancel!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how long they waited to get email to confirm order went through OK and give tracking information? Ordered in work on Canadian server hope that don't make them cancel!
    Thanks
    Ordered one Saturday, confirmation email arrived about a day later. Email with tracking number arrived Monday evening and the phone itself arrived today.

Best bet is to get onto someone quickly on the live chat feature on the website.

• Advertisement

Placed order 5pm Friday, received email stating order had been received immediately.

Got email stating order confirmation plus tracking number 6pm Monday evening.

Phone delivered and signed for today, Tuesday at 8.15am.

Ordered at 9am Friday. Still waiting for phone, no emails other than one to.confirm order. Was told phone is on its way, no tracking info, nothing. Seems to vary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

mymo wrote: »
    Ordered at 9am Friday. Still waiting for phone, no emails other than one to.confirm order. Was told phone is on its way, no tracking info, nothing. Seems to vary.

Ordered Thursday morning. was on chat today and told almost ready for shipping....come on already...

Contacted them today. They gave me my tracking number but when I go to the An Post website they don't have any record of the package. O2 say it's sitting in their warehouse waiting to be shipped. Jaysus I'm impatient but I'd nearly go to the warehouse and pick it up myself!

It's worth waiting for folks. Cracking phone

My only concern would be if it's dropped. Will probably get an ultra thin casing if possible

• Advertisement

So do you think the charger cable that comes with it would work with the mains plug of my ipad mini charger? Thats got a usb cable that plugs into it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

So do you think the charger cable that comes with it would work with the mains plug of my ipad mini charger? Thats got a usb cable that plugs into it.

Yes, it will work fine.

This is the whole reason they no longer include the charger plug, most people already have suitable plugs from other devices, so the EU is looking to cut down on waste.

bk wrote: »
    Yes, it will work fine.

Yaay thank you, I actually ordered a mains charger for it, but it probably wont be here for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yaay thank you, I actually ordered a mains charger for it, but it probably wont be here for a day or two.

from where?

from where?

Ebay. UK seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Thanks for the info guys I only ordered this morning so ill prob wait to see if get delivery info tomorrow some stage here's hoping!
    Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

To everyone else waiting to order, the promotional code JULYCHAT2013 to avail 20% discount off the phone price is now gone :( confirmed by the girl on o2 Facebook chat.

10% code ( AFF2013PREM ) still works, so hurry up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Avengers wrote: »
    To everyone else waiting to order, the promotional code JULYCHAT2013 to avail 20% discount off the phone price is now gone :( confirmed by the girl on o2 Facebook chat.

Just tried it myself... Yep its gone, so glad I ordered earlier today :D phew!

Then I got an unexpected email from fatcheese saying I got another €25 off. :D

Hhhmmmm maybe I should do the Euromillions tonight....

Dammer wrote: »

So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work (at first, then she said it had been deactivated), they're so useless.

rickyjb wrote: »
    So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work, they're so useless.

Ive been following your thread in Talk To on this - have they not made any kind of private explanation to you?

• Advertisement

Ive been following your thread in Talk To on this - have they not made any kind of private explanation to you?

No private explanation.

Daryll himself came on to live chat and said that it was still under investigation, so nothing more I can do right now. Very strange. Still don't understand why it worked for some people though.

Its a strange one alright Rickyjb, all the stranger that no one from O2 can actually explain it to you.

Avengers wrote: »

I thought the 20% code was gone too. I got onto someone on the live chat and told them about trying to order Saturday. They gave me a link for it to go through.

It's only for people porting over from another network though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I've tried twice to order and I've got this:
    As part of routine order processing checks we are unable to accept your order at this time.

I'm guessing that my with my bank home address and personal address being different the system spaz's out?

So fatcheese does work? I'm so frustrated at this stage, they cancelled the order that went through yesterday and now the bloody code is gone. The agent couldn't understand why it wouldn't work (at first, then she said it had been deactivated), they're so useless.

Yeah it worked for me. Well so the email says...

Though I ordered through my PC at work, which was never turned off for the last week and did not wipe Firefox's internet cache/history when I went through the Fatcheese website originally.

Is your cache cleaned automatically? Periodically? on your computer?

hope you can get it sorted.

I thought the 20% code was gone too. I got onto someone on the live chat and told them about trying to order Saturday. They gave me a link for it to go through.

It's only for people porting over from another network though.

You're joking, they told me there was nothing they can do. I'm also porting from another network.

Mine just went through with a 10% discount working on it. I'm happy enough with it as I didn't have the money yesterday so can't complain too much. Looking forward to getting my new toy.

*Squeel*

Just noticed my data isn't working earlier. All the settings are correct for android but it just says disconnect because data is unavailabe?

You're joking, they told me there was nothing they can do. I'm also porting from another network.

Well I ordered one for someone on Saturday with the code. I went to order a second for my brother today and the code came up invalid.
    When I gave that story to live chat, I was sent a direct link to order the phone and the Julychat2013 worked then to get the 20% off.

If you haven't ordered tell them you tried to order Saturday and were offered a 20% discount a they should set it up for you no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RedWarrior

I've tried twice to order and I've got this:
    As part of routine order processing checks we are unable to accept your order at this time.

I'm guessing that my with my bank home address and personal address being different the system spaz's out?

I was having the same issue yesterday so the chat agent gave me the phone number 1850 812 340. I got it sorted no problem there, order went through fine, just waiting on shipping details etc.. I also told him I had been offered the JULYCHAT2013 discount (which I had) and I got the 20% discount.

I did, I even spoke to "Sophie"'s manager "Emily" and then Daryll from talk to O2 came on and told me there was nothing they could do. Guess it just depends who you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I ordered the phone last FrIiday, got a request for a scan of my i.d. & credit card statement Monday (which i emailed in) and then got an email saying that the order was being processed yesterday morning.

I still hadn't heard anything by this morning so I rang the 061 number on the site. To make a long story short my order was cancelled by the security team. The gy said he didn't know why, all looked OK to him, but once the security team said no then that was that :mad:. He then said I could try again in "a couple of months"!!:mad:

I had an account with them previously (PAYG and Broadband dongle), had contracts with Meteor and Three etc. It doesn't make any sense to me. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I've ordered a couple of covers and screen protection for the phone now too :(.

For anyone porting - here is how it worked for me.

I was sent a new micro sim with an 086 phone number. I was porting an 087 number.

This morning, text message to old phone from O2 telling me to insert new sim into phone(I already had).

New sim activated in HTC (yesterday it was like there was no sim card in it).
    For a little while I seemed to have both old 087 and new 086 working in both old and new phone.

Went away for a bit, came back and old phone with old sim had dead network symbol.

New phone was asking for sim pin - used the sim pin provided and phone came to life as my 087 number. Changed sim pin to match old sim pin.

All seems to be ok.

The bluetooth transfer for contacts was not possible as my old phone was not in the list in the HTCs transfer app (probably too old). However, I was able to bluetooth each contact over one by one as a business card - bit laborious but I had less than 100 after I culled so ok.

Hi Dammer, was this the very first time you tried to order, had you tried before the website was down over the weekend?

Order cancelled due to security reasons.

FFS o2, do you not want customers or something? I thought some of you people might want to keep your jobs after 3 bought you out: I hope heads roll for the crazy security procedures in place.

• Advertisement

Just did. ;)

Hi Dammer, was this the very first time you tried to order, had you tried before the website was down over the weekend?

No, before I ordered I was messing about with validation codes etc.
    Then someone mentioned Fatcheese on this thread. I figured why not join FC and see if I can get another discount.

I registered on the FC website, clicked on the O2 link then proceeded to order a phone, about 9 or 10 days ago... BUT I did not go fully through the online purchase. A week later (yesterday) I ordered the phone on the O2 website.

I have nunerous tabs open on Firefox and I am still logged in to my FC account and the O2 website is also open on another tab.

Thats why I thought it may be a java applet or cookie that allowed O2 to see that I went to O2 via FC and they logged the click to FC.

Hope that might help you...

Order cancelled due to security reasons.

FFS o2, do you not want customers or something? I thought some of you people might want to keep your jobs after 3 bought you out: I hope heads roll for the crazy security procedures in place.

Oh dear! I not looking forward to checking my email when I get home later... :(
    Hope my order was not cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Oh dear! I not looking forward to checking my email when I get home later... :(
    Hope my order was not cancelled.

You may not get an email, I didn't anyway, I had to call them to find out...

• Advertisement
Advertisement