Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Like posting in the golf forum about how happy you are the courses are closed.

There's no excuse for golf. Ever. Waste of good land

• Registered Users Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What little has fallen has thawed here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

All white in a Dublin 15 now.(Blanchardstown/Castleknock) ... Hopefully a lot more to come....

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Nice covering in celbridge at the moment. Praying to the snow gods its stays for the morning and my 7 year old sees it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I cant wait to make snowmen/women/no gender

All sociallly distanced of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Decent snow seems to be confined to the unexplored extremities of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

kenmc wrote: »
    There's no excuse for golf. Ever. Waste of good land

Sure depending on your POV housing could be a waste of good land. So enjoy the snow and have a good night.

Grogu1983 wrote: »
    Tinahely

Yeah its dinner plating it here near Arklow at the moment
    I still haven't got up from the armchair
    I'll be thrown out of the snow family:D

0.9c
    Dewpoint -2.4c
    Wetbulb -0.6c
    Wind west 2kmh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light sleety snow falling again here in Meath and there are the drip sounds already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You genuinely have to love the excitement on this thread when the flakes appear , it's brilliant !

Could you imagine a white Christmas in Ireland! The excitement would be off the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Decent snow seems to be confined to the unexplored extremities of Dublin

It's coming down here in blackrock atm! Far from Unexplored!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate Snow in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Anyone else reporting real wettness in the snow falling, really wetting the ground more than anything in my area of Dublin anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Nice covering in celbridge at the moment. Praying to the snow gods its stays for the morning and my 7 year old sees it!!!

Your 7 year old doesn't live in Qatar or Africa... He will see some snow every year in Dublin/Kildare. Might not be a lot some years but praying that he sees it????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Anyone else reporting real wettness in the snow falling, really wetting the ground more than anything in my area of Dublin anyway

it was just about snow here in Meath but definitely some sleety aspect to it as it looks like drizzle at times and you can hear the icey sound of it falling, real snow is a silent dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hogzy wrote: »
    Could you imagine a white Christmas in Ireland! The excitement would be off the charts.

Are you too young to remember 2004 and 2010?

This forum was active then...albeit from our PC's and laptops back then...I remember this site buzzing then on those occasions.

Slightly tapering off here in Ongar after a good 1cm dusting. All paths, roads, roofs and cars covered and the grass semi covered. Lovely to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Aye. Too alternating in intensity thus far. Whatever sticks is melting as soon as it dies off. Going from very (x10) light snow to moderate and then back to light. D9.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Snow(ish) in dublin city center yay

Dont stop,Dont stop,Dont stop,Dont stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

2010......it was awesome
    Hogzy wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nice bit of snow falling in Clonsilla now, and a bit of it sticking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Anything that fell in Tullamore is thawing already. Very disappointing 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snowing away here in county meath, decent few cm's, kids will be happy in the morning...if its still here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Light snow falling again in D5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

We had just rain down here in the city centre of Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My mother said it’s very wet snow where they are in the west. However, it did stick all the same. From the photo she sent, it looks like about two inches. I think it stuck because it’s fluctuating between -1° C and 0° C at their nearest weather station.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Nice covering now in gorey co Wexford. And still falling. When I checked over an hour previous it was raining so was quite the surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Snowing lightly in d18 and settling. Lovely soft snow

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Snowing steady for over an hour now, 70m above sea level, Co. Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Anyone else in Dublin find their back garden always ends up with more snow than the front?

Presuming it's something simple like proximity to the road but my front garden is wet currently but the back one is a full dusting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement