Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I know this has been taken over by the East, but in case you are interested, more snow in Athenry now.

How is it lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Danno wrote: »
    Yes, I've mentioned this wee point before. A White Christmas is snow on the ground, regardless of their "single snowflake falls on [WHEREVER] weather station". It really grinds my gears.

Indeed! It was a proper white Christmas in my book. However, rain swept in during the day and ate away at the snow. Then overnight, there was a hard freeze after the heavy rain, resulting in the thickest ice I have ever seen in Ireland. Outside my parent’s house. Easily more than an inch thick:

30549308-B8-BD-49-A1-8272-B70-C404-B6-D2-A.jpg?dl=1

136-D56-FF-5-A7-C-4035-8-D41-FA1446-EA2-E09.jpg?dl=1

233-B8-E6-B-937-A-4707-8455-77377-AA2-F2-C7.jpg?dl=1

It was fascinating to witness. And there were a few car casualties on the road that morning. Check out the skidding in the first photo. It’s a hill. I can’t believe anyone tried to drive on that road.

Winters 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 were fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Does anyone remember the days of frantically pressing F10 to refresh on our computers during 2010?
    I remember doing that so well, wish I had something decent to report now!
    Still lightly snowing but not sticking just melting on impact..... Firhouse Dublin 24.
    At the foot of the Dublin mountains, fat lot of good that's doing me at the moment though LOL

Dazler97 wrote: »
    5cm of snow in mohill and still snowing

Oh wow fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Does anyone remember the days of frantically pressing F10 to refresh on our computers during 2010?
    I remember doing that so well, wish I had something decent to report now!
    Still lightly snowing but not sticking just melting on impact..... Firhouse Dublin 24.
    At the foot of the Dublin mountains, fat lot of good that's doing me at the moment though LOL

I do, i was 13 at the time and living in firhouse keeping an eye on the streamers coming in, those where the days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

A couple of cms already lying in kinnegad

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

I got a lot more than i expected it terms of snow falling, but did anyone else in dublin experience this weird weird settling pattern? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Dinner plates in coastal Wicklow. These are the biggest flakes I have ever seen. Mesmerising watching them. Ground well covered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I do, i was 13 at the time and living in firhouse keeping an eye on the streamers coming in, those where the days

13? I'm officially old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

F5!!!! :D:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

13 :') I feel so old

Sounds like you're old enough to take this on the chin so - you misspelled dazzler

13 year old you is making a show of you, 10 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I will be doing an all nighter. Hopefully I will have some more snow to report!

Pretzill wrote: »
    13? I'm officially old.

And I'm even older....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Was 14 back then. Definitely a different buzz than now, tis just snow nowadays but back then it was life or death :pac::D

Took a look back over my early posts the other day at that age and christ can you tell I was a child. A pain in the hole I was.

this is what i meant, bizzare stuff.

One house has snow on the roof, other didnt... Still happy with what we got though! :)

highdef wrote: »

Ah that's why it never worked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

highdef wrote: »

Ctrl+F5 ;)

TTLF wrote: »

Need to ask them for a shmoke asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

One house has snow on the roof, other didnt... Still happy with what we got though! :)

haha poor insulation or there is something else going on in the attic:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just peeked out the curtains as I'm going to bed and see its snowing again in Letterkenny, wasn't expecting anything here tonight! Not sure how long its been going for but I cleared all the snow off the car earlier and its all covered again so a decent top up

Eh... They're growing weed.

Try to make friends

Pretzill wrote: »
    13? I'm officially old.

I've been into the weather since I've been 7 so ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Don't worry it's all coming back east , it's just refueling over the Irish sea. I'd expect a good fall by noon tomorrow along the east coast.

I'm not so sure about that, if we're already getting rain then I'm not holding out hope for the morning. I haven't really been looking at the models though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lost interest about an hour ago but decided to take one final look outside and it seems the dusting has been topped up a bit, about 1cm out there now (close to an inch). The blades of grass can no longer be seen.

Eh... They're growing weed.

Try to make friends
    haha poor insulation or there is something else going on in the attic:pac:
    John.Icy wrote: »
    Need to ask them for a shmoke asap.

:D:D:D:D Funniest thing I've heard all night honestly. Guess quarantine really hit me, I should really know that, im the prime age for that stuff :pac:

In other news my hopes of good snow was squandered. My GF was pasted

John.Icy wrote: »
    Was 14 back then. Definitely a different buzz than now, tis just snow nowadays but back then it was life or death :pac::D

Took a look back over my early posts the other day at that age and christ can you tell I was a child. A pain in the hole I was.

It definitely is different now I wish I was around for winter 82 that looked deadly

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about that, if we're already getting rain then I'm not holding out hope for the morning. I haven't really been looking at the models though.

Aye if it's rainy now then I have little hope for the pivot back later if it occurs as winds will remain offshore I imagine?

Hopefully things fall in favour of some spots in the East overnight!

It definitely is different now I wish I was around for winter 82 that looked deadly

I was here on boards for winter 82

It was actually surprisingly quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gonzo wrote: »
    lost interest about an hour ago but decided to take one final look outside and it seems the dusting has been topped up a bit, about 1cm out there now (close to an inch). The blades of grass can no longer be seen.

I had lost interest too as I thought Met Eireann latest radar had nothing coming but peeked out window now and coming down heavy again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement