Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

lets see if this works

edit : dang, it just loads as an attachment. Anyway, its all melted now. Just as an aside.... low down to the right can be seen pyramid shaped lights. Thats the Ulster Bank building beside Tara St, as seen from my front gate in Artane. The small white patches are snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

John.Icy wrote: »
    Anyone else in Dublin find their back garden always ends up with more snow than the front?

Presuming it's something simple like proximity to the road but my front garden is wet currently but the back one is a full dusting.

That's actually down to stratospheric conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ongarboy wrote: »
    Are you too young to remember 2004 and 2010?

This forum was active then...albeit from our PC's and laptops back then...I remember this site buzzing then on those occasions.

Slightly tapering off here in Ongar after a good 1cm dusting. All paths, roads, roofs and cars covered and the grass semi covered. Lovely to look at!

And 2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

was about to call it a night but the intensity rate is fairly decent now, it's accumulating quicker than it's thawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

lets see if this works
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement

lets see if this works

540613.jpg

That's the saddest snow photo I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Shower No 2 near Glen of the Downs - soup plate snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That's actually down to stratospheric conditions

Officially declaring a microclimate in my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very disappointing in Galway snow then wet snow now all gone unless the incoming showers bring something

And 2009!

Yes, I've mentioned this wee point before. A White Christmas is snow on the ground, regardless of their "single snowflake falls on [WHEREVER] weather station". It really grinds my gears.

• Advertisement

lets see if this works

edit : dang, it just loads as an attachment. Anyway, its all melted now. Just as an aside.... low down to the right can be seen pyramid shaped lights. Thats the Ulster Bank building beside Tara St, as seen from my front gate in Artane. The small white patches are snow.

I think that is my road! I knew it looked familiar. it's a very small world...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

lets see if this works

I've had deeper frosts :p;)

That's the saddest snow photo I've ever seen

What !!??? That's a goddam blizzard!! :pac::pac::pac:

BTW, thanks for making the photo visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

nice covering in swords,snowing heavy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Good snow in Swords, settling nicely and enough on the cars and the walls to make good snowballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Graupel and snow - everything white again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Nice dusting Newtownmountkennedy

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I think that is my road! I knew it looked familiar. it's a very small world...

Whoops, cover blown. Forget anything you read about snow massages :eek::eek::eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Is it supposed to snow again during the night, it has stopped here a few hours ago

• Advertisement

Graupel and snow - everything white again

the graupel is doing a good job at accumulating. anyhow I'll stop clogging the thread (for now)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

A good bit of snow now in NCD.

More than on 6th/7th Jan

Just hope it lasts till the morning!

Dublin 18

Very, very light snow prevails

Bitterly angry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow turning back towards rain here in Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Slight covering near Swords

Snow quite wet

BTW, thanks for making the photo visible.

I just, had to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

We got a nice covering here north kk/south Laois border earlier on. Are there more showers overnight? Met radar shows very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Light but steady now in Donabate & all turning white. Judging by the lampost watching the wind has died down completely & maybe slightly changed direction or perhaps I’m just staring out the window too long ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

A dusting in the back garden in North Kildare. Snizzling at the moment but that should clear soon. Hopefully will get a top up in the morning to get beyond dusting status!
    540615.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Biggest flakes I've seen in a long time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement