Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭lucalux

Melting snow on the ground here in South Roscommon, we got 1.5cm in the first fall as the front came in.

The first bit of snow I saw all winter, so I'm happy out even if we don't get more

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

Pelting down still in Tinahely, massive flakes. I'd post a photo but dont know how haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Turns out the Heavy Snow in Bray lasted about 3 minutes. :D Slowly falling light snow now. Icing sugar dusting on house and car roofs and some foot paths, other paths and road bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not a flake in old bawn

In Kingswood here, it's eased off but I suspect that's not the last we see of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Dublin 18

We've gone from very, very light snow to very light snow in the last five minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Would be exaggerating to call this snizzle.

Don't think these flakes have it in them to even hit the ground. Just floatin'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Stopped now in my part of Carlow, thankfully.

Thawing very quickly though which is a welcome suprise.

Bloody heathens

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

Light snow starting to come down now around Marlay Park. Won't take much for it to stick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ok we getting a flake roughly every 2 minutes.

It's a start dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Stopped snowing completely in Bray now. I've a feeling that bite out of the band SW of Bray isn't a Radar apparition due to the mountains but an actual gap. Not expecting to get anymore nor wake up to the white stuff here in Bray tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

finally snowing in Dublin 5, starting to settle too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Dublin 18

We've gone from very, very light snow to very light snow in the last five minutes

Same here in D14

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

just need this precip to stall over dublin areas now for the rest of the night, thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow stopped here now at Dunshaughlin. A very very light dusting, about 0.3cm, possibly an even lighter dusting than 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow has covered the grass and cars here. Already turning a little wetter. I think I’ve already had enough of this Atlantic mush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

AuntySnow wrote: »
    The snow is quite chunky here near Arklow at the moment
    I've a full view of the lamp post but am reluctant to get up from the cosy warm armchair to check if it's settling (yet) :D

1.4c air temp
    Wetbulb -0.1c
    Dewpoint -2.1c
    Flat calm to 3kmh west

With a name like yours, I hope you've taken a photo of the flakes fluttering down in the lamplight. If not for us, then for yourself.

Still ,its nice to be able to see the lamplight from your armchair :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Snowing Dublin 15.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Told Mrs Nick about this thread, then went out to see no snow. Anyway, a few minutes later she starts screaming in from the kitchen "its snowing ... its SNOWING". So eejit here runs out to see it, only to find Mrs N cackling madly in the corner. But no snow :(:(:(.

She's gone to bed, but hopefully there's a handful of snow going to join her shortly.

If it does snow there, you should throw a snowball at her while she is sleeping for playing with your emotions like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Light Snow D11.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Light to moderate snow now but marginal (can hear impact)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

And that's it. End of Part 1. The precip is about to clear the east coast, with a clear gap back to showers over the west. We'll see what happens in Ulster overnight and what evolves for Leinster in the morning. It was underwhelming here (Celbridge) anyway so far. Must have slipped through a gap in the precip because 5 minutes of dandruff is all I got.

Out to buy some refreshments before Part 2 starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest radar image would lead one to believe it is snow reasonably well over much of Dublin at the moment, but in reality it is just snizzle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Nearly 2 degrees here now in D9. My snizzle will be thinkin' about becoming drizzle if we keep rising. Up ~2 degrees in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

kenmc wrote: »
    Bloody heathens

Like posting in the golf forum about how happy you are the courses are closed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

And that's it. End of Part 1. The precip is about to clear the east coast, with a clear gap back to showers over the west. We'll see what happens in Ulster overnight and what evolves for Leinster in the morning. It was underwhelming here (Celbridge) anyway so far. Must have slipped through a gap in the precip because 5 minutes of dandruff is all I got.

Out to buy some refreshments before Part 2 starts.

not much better here in Dunshaughlin. 5 minutes of drizzle like snizzle, 5 minutes of light to moderate wet snow and then about 3 minutes of drizzle to finish off. Will probably be melted before morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Normal light snow now in D14, sugar dusting so far

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

kenmc wrote: »
    Bloody heathens

I know I know and usually I'd be out making snow angels, but we're too low on food and fuel to get stuck in for anything more than 3/4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

pad199207 wrote: »
    Snow has covered the grass and cars here. Already turning a little wetter. I think I’ve already had enough of this Atlantic mush

Sad isn't it prob pep up over Irish sea and plaster wales meanwhile we get the fecking cold and the dammed wintry sun still flaking a bit cant see it amounting to much as per met.ie forecast for this area

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lucylou35

Not a flake in old bawn

I'm in Oldbawn to ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Nice snowfall in Dublin 5 now and sticking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement