Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

2011/2012? They played Dublin.

Think it was 2008 the last time they played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Perfect for EP, organisers just need to get the finger out and start getting in more hard rock acts!!!

Pearl Jam and The Raconteurs would be lovely headliners. I've said it before but hey a man can dream!

I'm not greedy though, if we can't get Pearl Jam I'd happily take Eddie Vedder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It's a long time since Pearl Jam have been in Ireland, I vaguely remember they were upset or had a fall out something to do with money or felt ticket prices are a complete RIP off in Ireland??

Something along these lines!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/pearl-jam-ticketmaster-1995-boycott-booking-fees-gigs-ticket-prices-a8989516.html

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Think it was 2008 the last time they played

They played a Belfast and Dublin in 2010

I’d say they are unlikely for EP as their dates(if any) are likely to coincide with the big European festivals, doubt they would be in Europe as late as early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

endainoz wrote: »
    Pearl Jam and The Raconteurs would be lovely headliners. I've said it before but hey a man can dream!

I'm not greedy though, if we can't get Pearl Jam I'd happily take Eddie Vedder.

The Raconteurs at Oxegen 08? Were unreal. I'd love to see them back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Hate to say it but I think Coldplay and/or Taylor Swift could be headlining next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but I think Coldplay and/or Taylor Swift could be headlining next year.
    given that both could easily sell out a single night at Croker, I don't think there'd be any chance of FR wasting them at EP. they'd be far bigger than any headliner EP has ever had, let alone both of them.
    for the same reason, there's no hope of Ed Sheeran headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭rubick

That would indeed blow the whole budget, leaving the rest of the weekend to be filled with Boardies Singing Karaoke Classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

rubick wrote: »
    That would indeed blow the whole budget, leaving the rest of the weekend to be filled with Boardies Singing Karaoke Classics.

I'm in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm in.

Ill take the 2am Salty Dog slot with my uplifting church hymns set:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »

What ever you’re smoking, i advise you to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

They played a Belfast and Dublin in 2010

I’d say they are unlikely for EP as their dates(if any) are likely to coincide with the big European festivals, doubt they would be in Europe as late as early September.

Was it 2010?! Jesus. I was at the Dublin gig, it was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Haunt Halloween party taking place in Dublin on Friday 1st November.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2961753457171676/

73138928_3148291098532228_2904196429595541504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQkBlNRvoTkknJXx6TCSbSXoNAC7yuDjZg9JNz6B9InOFU2qaPQMf4LUA6ouQ8x_4NEBsK3foq9uobuJVSJ1vlT_&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=788d7831b147a20bf4e9c13e4832f5be&oe=5E5985EC

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭rubick

Underworld just announced for Forbidden Fruit, which would rule them out for EP and move them into the Possible column for ATN, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

My sister in law bought me a ticket for Supergrass for my 40th. I am so very happy

When is the summer festivals starting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

With the way this year has zoomed past me it won’t be long at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Royal blood must be in with a shout 2020 surely, I cant understand how they haven't played Ep before!!

Tame Impala will have a new album out 2020 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I can’t go through tame impala Robyn wishful thinking again next year

I’m going into 2020 with no headliner wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rfrip wrote: »
    I can’t go through tame impala Robyn wishful thinking again next year

I’m going into 2020 with no headliner wishes!
    I do that every year. Then I hear 'Shake the disease' or something on the radio and we're away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Royal blood must be in with a shout 2020 surely, I cant understand how they haven't played Ep before!!

Tame Impala will have a new album out 2020 :)

New TI track released overnight, just been played by Lauren Laverne. Pretty great on first listen. Album in Feb. Can see Parker playing every decent fest next Summer, hopefully we'll be included.

Ah, she's followed it with Tonight Tonight. Is that a sign that the Pumpkins are headed to Stradbally also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Must say I don't like the new Tame Impala track myself but I was stunned they weren't at EP this year so I'd put them down as bankers for 2020.

Can rule out Pixies yet again - playing the Iveagh Gardens on July 18. Caribou announced for Iveagh Gardens the previous weekend a few weeks ago too. Typically has the best line up of the outdoor concert series for me.

Edit: Pixies in Galway on July 17 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Must say I don't like the new Tame Impala track myself but I was stunned they weren't at EP this year so I'd put them down as bankers for 2020.

Can rule out Pixies yet again - playing the Iveagh Gardens on July 18. Caribou announced for Iveagh Gardens the previous weekend a few weeks ago too. Typically has the best line up of the outdoor concert series for me.

Edit: Pixies in Galway on July 17 too.

Galway Arts Fest could have a very good lineup for the Year of Culture celebrations. A great start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Was at the A-Ha gig tonight and it was a brilliant show,solid set from the band, was a couple of sounds issues but overall really good performance,yet another band who would be perfect for EP,ah well normal service will return for yours truly as in 2 weeks I’ll be at MACHINEHEAD at The Olympia!!!!, somehow I think they might be low on the EP radar....

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Galway Arts Fest could have a very good lineup for the Year of Culture celebrations. A great start anyway.

I might definitely go to that (The Pixies), have never seen them live so that would be amazing. :)

Why is everyone talking about separate gigs and nothing festival related?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why is everyone talking about separate gigs and nothing festival related?

Because winter is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Nabbed myself two tickets for Fionn Regan in Whelans in Feb this morning. Still tickets left I think if anyone is a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Nabbed myself two tickets for Fionn Regan in Whelans in Feb this morning. Still tickets left I think if anyone is a fan.

I listen to Fionn a good bit, and had been thinking a gig was due alright.
    I have Supergrass that weekend so won't be going which is a shame, as he doesn't tour that often.

Between Supergrass, Editors, Nick Cave, and Sun Kil Moon, next year is shaping up nicely already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement